It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Anonymous sources" =/= "Fake news"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
You know what. I was going to type a response, but you aren't worth it. I'm not playing this playground game of back and forth insults. I'll leave you to your partisanship.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So you literally just confirmed what I was saying. "Alleged" "unnamed" "anonymous" are all code words for "I don't know but the hell with it." These news sources are tabloids now and when tmz has more substantiated reporting than all of MSM then you have propaganda not news.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: DJW001

Sadly, the MSM is guilty of twisting "reports" and details to fit their narrative, and proclaiming certain accusations as FACTS (including in the headlines they use) without backing it up.

You defending this is as a self-proclaimed " real journalist " is pitiful, but not surprising, as many have fallen victim to this rhetoric.

Try again!

oh don't be sad....you can just read breibart, and you'll be alt-right fine.....I love how the NYT and the WAPO journalists are proven correct over time....same with trump, the "shoes are dropping" one by one, and in good time impeachment season will be here....reality has a way of clearing the air.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You know what. I was going to type a response, but you aren't worth it. I'm not playing this playground game of back and forth insults. I'll leave you to your partisanship.

You did type a response, and it was just as worthless as the rest.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

To be honest you don't seem that well read for a "nationally syndicated" arts and science journalist. That a side, thinking that the media doesn't make up stories is naive at best. What about the trump hooker story? Election hacking? Etc...they run with whatever their liberal audience will believe, which is anything.

I never claimed to be "nationally syndicated." Nice demonstration of putting words in someone's mouth to discredit them.

ETA: What "Trump hooker" story? Oh, and pretending that the Russians were not trying to influence American elections the way America tries to influence elections elsewhere is, well....
edit on 24-5-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just checking in to see if anyone actually commented on the facts laid out in the OP. Apparently not. The drift is: journalists have good reason to protect sources, so an anonymous source does not mean that the information is not true. On the other hand, when someone makes vague statements like "a lot of people are saying...."
edit on 24-5-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Did you miss the last 9 pages?

Or did you mean "just checking in to see if anyone actually said something I agree with" ?

People went beyond just commenting on the contents of your OP.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Dont let these antagonists bother you.
They apparently failed to grasp what " freelance" implies.

Its always funny to see the uninitiated make accusations or throw insults in and of matters that which they are ignorant.

To the rest of you anyone can become a freelance writer or investigative journalist.

Its not the title you should attack so much as question the OP's competence.

I happen to be a part time PI and I do freelance writing as well, though I wouldn't call myself a journalist as my clientele rarely involves media or news outlets.

I am a Digger.
Think dig dug but on the web.

Why does a telecom company in canada have an interest in Venezuela's oil crisis wikipedia page?
I tracked IP to company, and what do you know Scottish masonic ceos, millions in donations to israel, and venezuela has been known to criticize Israel for brutality against Palestine.

Coincidence?
I'm just the digger.

Sorry to go off topic. But I had to defend the OP.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Did you miss the last 9 pages?

Or did you mean "just checking in to see if anyone actually said something I agree with" ?

I read it as checking to see if anyone actually bought that the MSM is currently full of journalistic integrity, un-compromised by propaganda, and are our very good and singularly authoritative news friends with our best interests at heart.

No wonder the the internet is being "fixed" by FB, Google, and other govt pawns...it's the last fading bastion of anything comparable to a true free press at this junction in our history.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Right...we totally buy that.
You need to borrow a pair? I will loan you mine

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Seems pretty fake to me, what with no evidence and all. Brennan just said it yesterday. RIP media, see you in 20 years if your party even recovers...

edit on 24-5-2017 by User1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: User1138

Good art, but da-amn RED SCARE AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thank you for demonstrating the principle way that the First Amendment is suppressed in contemporary America. Rather than the government or corporations stifling opposing views, mobs shout down people who hold differing opinions. This makes an exchange of ideas impossible, undercutting the First Amendment in the name of "freedom of expression." Here we see "liberals" like IgnoranceIsntBliss at work:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

People went beyond just commenting on the contents of your OP.

Mostly they called each other names.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Rather than the government or corporations stifling opposing views, mobs shout down people who hold differing opinions

....highly emotionalized by said corporations in cahoots with gubbermint actors. Can't blaim the kids for that. Maybe we should look into Bernays and Adam Curtis to understand (mass-) psychology?

Anyway. His thread regarding propaganda isn't that bad after all, but someone should try to explain why "counter-propaganda" can't be anything more than propaganda itself. Negative advertisement is advertisement after all, innit?
So... who's the $hill now?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: The GUT

Sounds like something an authoritarian would say to excuse infringing on the 1st. Bogeyman and scapegoat the news you don't like so you can trample on a hallmark of American liberty.

Sounds like you are not only clueless about the Constitution but about real politik, propaganda, and the human condition.

I know enough about it to know that attacking and silencing the press is unconstitutional.

Americans who understand the constitution and also understand the current MSM are nothing but chronic liars, know that attacking them and silencing them is an act in patriotism, and not unconstitutional. But attempting to keep the lying media honest these days is an act of futility. Those who support their false narrative will still boldly attempt to hide them behind the first amendment. And this is quite transparent. Try again.

Anyone who believes that the Msm has changed from the time of the founding of the country is living in a fallacy. One of our most important publications in the history of the US, the federalist papers, was written and published anonymously in order to influence the direction of the country.

Or we can look at the stories being published about Adams and Jefferson during their election cycle. Or we can go to the origin of the word nasty. The only change is how we consume news via a 24 hour cycle, which turns into stories being investigated as they break + individual biased commentary designed to target specific consumer demographics. This means initial reaction is towards incomplete information at times. Add into the fact that people seek out confirmation bias or the fact anyone can post anything they want online and you get an ignorant public.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

....highly emotionalized by said corporations in cahoots with gubbermint actors. Can't blaim the kids for that.

Which corporations profit from chaos in the streets? Which government are they in cahoots with? Be that as it may, the thing that IgnoranceIB doesn't seem to understand is that the United States is not the only place one finds propaganda.

One important difference between America's liberal democracy and Communist Russia is that, whereas in the United States one could not only purchase Micky Spillane's lurid tales of stopping Commie rapists, one could also purchase the entire "Little Lenin Library (39 vols. 85 cents, International Publishers, 381 Fourth Avenue, New York, NY)". In the Soviet Union, you did not have quite so many choices.

Propaganda is an attempt to persuade rather than inform. I hope my OP was informative.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Propaganda is an attempt to persuade rather than inform. I hope my OP was informative.

I think it probably has been for those who have read it all the way through.

And I think it's quite appropriate--Freudian even--that in closing you state, "Propaganda is an attempt to persuade rather than inform."

Because that exactly describes our current MSM:

Attempting to dishonestly shape the societal narrative. That's not journalism.

Killing or riotously spinning stories that reveal certain Washington and corporate corruption. Nope, no Journalism in that.

Accepting government propaganda, official "talking points," and state-sponsored pundits in the newsroom...can't find that in the extant literature on ethical journalism either.

You keep referring to how lucky we are that we don't have a state-sponsored media like
!!RUSSIA!!
does and it only highlights that we do.

Speaking of Russia...we will continue to because...ya know...we're being reminded of it--programmed by it--day after day in excuse after excuse and accusation after accusation. Even Comey and true justice fell victim to...you guessed it: Russia.

Never-mind the nation-toppling and warmongering---to the contrary, the MSM cheerleads and spins the efforts! Pay no attention to the swamp. The deep deep swamp. Just listen, says the MSM, to the dulcet tones of our voices as we tell you what to feel as told to us by anonymous but authoritative sources...You are getting veeery sleepy...

edit on 25-5-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Lol, this is golden.

Not sure if you're trying to be ironic or what. But if this was actually a thing, it would have been revealed a long time ago. Why would they be doing it now? To try and take people's attention away from how corrupt this current administration is?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join