It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of Extraterrestrial Activity.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
just my two cents worth, there have been too many instances over the millenia of people seeing strange things in the skies, many of which cannot be explained. Some scientists have estimated there could be as many as 3,000 civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy itself. I subscribe to this theory. We are not unique, and we are not alone IMO. Life is everywhere in the Universe. I just read an article about in the latest number estimates of galaxies in the Universe, in Astronomy Magazine, June issue, they now think there are two TRILLION Galaxies in the universe, a staggering number.
edit on 22pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: typo

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: schuyler
Nice shots of some Mylar balloons there, but then you devolved into yet another wall of text screed against all of Ufology. Aren't you the same guy who just got his Greer thread removed? It seems you have not learned your lesson. This stuff really isn't very good, sadly. Showing us balloons then leaping to the idea that all of Ufology is a scam is very short-sighted and shows a lack of knowledge of the UFO field. If you want to build a case, by all means do so. Please learn to use paragraphs, though. This, however, is not contributing to the issue.

All of ufology is against terrestrial origins? I didnt know that.

Count me in as well.
I believe most, if not all UFOs are terrestrial in origin.

I didn't mean to say that (and I think you already know that.) Showing us a couple of balloons does not account for all UFO sightings. The point here is that OP has not done a very good job of articulating the UFO issue, but seems more hell bent on accusing "traditional Ufology" of being a total scam. There's no doubt in my mind as well that most UFOs are simply mis-identifcations coupled with wishful thinking. But it doesn't seem logical to me to dismiss all of Ufology with that theme or to claim that all of Ufology is a "scam." That is really doing a disservice to the many people who have invested serious time and effort into the issue and are not motivated by money. To claim everyone is is a cheap shot and does not contribute to the field. It is completely simplistic and superficial. If you were familiar with OP's other threads on the topic you would know that is his M.O. He really doesn't have much to contribute and what he does is inarticulate.

Ok.
My bad.
I did not understand the OP in that way.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Jertens61

I don't accept any evidence for the existence of UFOs unless I am abducted and have conscious memories of the anal probe. I need direct evidence. Not all this second hand pictures of balloon BS.

So, you want our evidence in the worst way?
Interesting.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The most believable and true thing about myths...is they arent. Myths are facts. That they are just that- :myths. True or not.

So "myths" are true. They exist.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Expanding on this topic:
[SNIP]
edit on 5/24/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed video

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jertens61
Expanding on this topic:

[SNIP]

Yeah I think you lost all credibility towards your own theory of (ALL) UFO activity being fake. Good luck with pushing that narrative.

With any luck you might be just like the same Government spooks attempting to silence people that might have actual evidence of an incident.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The most believable and true thing about myths...is they arent. Myths are facts. That they are just that- :myths. True or not.

So "myths" are true. They exist.

That is exactly the plan. The UFO folks have been giving us a modern mythology, a frame of mind in which we can explain somethings that we see but yet they remain outside of consensus reality. That way, the truth is softened when it comes and people will say, "Oh, I knew that already,"and they will believe themselves. Human nature is tricky that way.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

As a observer and frequent contributor to the UFO/alien forum, time after time I am struck by the suspicion that more than on any other forum that this place is planted with sucker threads to draw out attention in any fashion to UFOs. There is a purpose for such threads if not this one.

The creation of the UFO mythology is an excellent teaching tool, honest to human traditions, values and keyed right into the human condition. Just as religions have been in the past when most needed.
edit on 22-5-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jertens61
If you find your house trashed very likely the police will find the criminals "locally", the crimes resolved rate will decrease dramatically if they start looking for the criminals beyond earth...

Local occurrences usually have local causes and from seeing a local object is very hard and many times unsupported to assume its extraterrestrial origin, for starters we do not have a full knowledge of what is on this earth so how can we assume that something is not from it?

[SNIP]

But you are stating that it is a myth, as if you know that as fact. That makes you just as bad as the people who think it is 100% ET.

We do not know what these unexplained ufos are. You do not know, i do not know.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

Only If you are assuming the human mind is perfect and you consider their accounts exactly what happened...

Since people lie, misremember and have mental issues every account is quite easy to explain..

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Hey, thanks Aliensun. Thats the way Ive always felt....a simple analogy is just the single fact that if a word exists in a dictionary somewhere? Then it exists. Myth-true...or myth false. Still MYTH. Proven or not.

Sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction...and both exist...again, real or not.

Best

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

That's a distinct possibility.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

have conscious memories of the anal probe

And yet you claim to be a Christian who has issues with sexual innuendo in rituals - make up your mind

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Priests sticking body parts in people's mouths is just weird for me. Sex is a huge part of human existence and cannot be ignored. Maybe I'm just not looking at this correctly.

It's the ritual that is a little weird for me.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Dr Jacques Vallee may actually agree with the title of your thread, but I think he would be underwhelmed and disappointed by the content of it.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Local occurrences usually have local causes and from seeing a local object is very hard and many times unsupported to assume its extraterrestrial origin, for starters we do not have a full knowledge of what is on this earth so how can we assume that something is not from it?

rare/unusual occurrences usually have rare/unusual causes. confirming a sighting of a rare and unusual object is very hard and many times without documentation, making it hard to assume its origin. for starters, we do not have full knowledge of what is contained within the universe, so how can we assume that something is definitely from earth?

..do you see the problem with your reasoning?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I would think that denying the fact that there could be several inhabited planets,who is to say everyone is like a human,things live in different environments,pretty short sighted to think we are the only ones,and explain how moon is situated perfectly,hard to dispell facts,can call them anything you want but they are still factual

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
One of the many shortcomings of Traditional Ufology had been its anthropocentric approach:

[SNIP]
edit on 5/24/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Your not really saying anything. You are just posting other peoples beliefs and completely ignoring points raised in this thread. I think you are incapable of debating this subject, because maybe you know very little about it, and have decided what belief group you want to join ;(

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Almost anybody that had made regular atmospheric observations had reached the conclusion that the idea pushed by traditional ufologists is too narrow, between these people are Trevor J. Constable, even Kenneth Arnold by 1962, etc.
What can be observed objectively and consistently today in the sky is something else, but it is real and can be observed by anyone.

[SNIP]

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You're note alone OP. I too find the thought that aliens are coming to visit Earth from millions of light years away absurd.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join