It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange thing with Xbox and Netspend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hello.

This isn't a conspiracy just an odd thing that is occurring.

I have an xbox360 and a few months back something happened to my account and I was unable to log on to Xbox live. The email address associated with my account was several years old and I couldn't remember the security questions needed to reset my password. So I finally decided I would just create a new account with a new email.

After creating the new account I noticed a banner advertising a free trial month of Xbox live gold. I don't play against other members and had never signed up for the gold account but since it was free I figured I would take advantage of the offer.

As I was getting my credit card out of my wallet I remembered I have a prepaid card from Netspend which I had activated but never used. It is still valid so I decided to try it not expecting it to be accepted because it has a zero balance. To my surprise it worked and my free month of service began.

That was in March of this year. Having no intention of keeping the service I assumed it would be cancelled at the end of the free month. When I signed up I inadvertently entered auto renew. To my surprise when the due date, April 17th, rolled around my service renewed.

I checked the Netspend account and there was no money on the card, I never put money on the card.

Strange as it sounds the same thing happened this month! I am paid through June 17th. There is obviously a glitch in the system.

Just can't figure it out but I'm not complaining.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

I was getting Mad Magazine long after my subscription expired. Just hope the debt collector doesn't come knocking on your door for unpaid xbox dues

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah right. Microsoft may send out one of their goons to rough me up.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah right. Microsoft may send out one of their goons to rough me up.

John McAfee himself! I'd be very afraid if I were you!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I thought I had issues with my account one time and spent 3 hours on the phone with customer service. It ended up that my young son was just buying games without realizing it. Anyway, I'd cancelled my credit card as a result of the spending. Next time my yearly payment came due they never asked for a new credit card. It wasn't until a year later they told me my card needed to be updated. So basically I beat Bill Gates out of $60.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Nice. He can afford it.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm on auto renew with an old credit card that I canceled over a year back. Same damn thing - free xbox live.
I thought I was a special snow flake...guess not

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Wow. I wonder how many people are getting it free.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

What all of these people are doing has a name

FRAUD

Continuing to use a service while knowing full well it is not being paid is fraud.

Seems to be a certain segment of the market that seems to think that they are on a roll and getting stuff free. The court case will center on the fact that you knew the account was not being paid and you used it anyway.

P

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

What all of these people are doing has a name

FRAUD

Continuing to use a service while knowing full well it is not being paid is fraud.

Seems to be a certain segment of the market that seems to think that they are on a roll and getting stuff free. The court case will center on the fact that you knew the account was not being paid and you used it anyway.

P

I doubt Microsoft is going to take me to court for $20 or $30. If it comes to that then I'll request to go on Judge Judy.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Guess we're all going to jail then.

Imagine a 34 year old man in jail for not reporting my free Xbox live?
Jeez would that be a site.

The amount of money these crooks at MS have hosed off of Xbox owners, I wouldn't be surprised if this was their way as a pay back for all the issues every console owner has had to deal with.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'd be weary about this, although it's true that for some reason or other that people have gotten free subscription to Xbox Live (my brother didn't pay a thing for nearly two years) they do also give subscription with pending payment.

I was charged 3 months worth of subscription once due to not updating my payment method when I switched banks, they couldn't get money out of my old account (it was closed) and when I finally got round to using my Xbox again I was charged 3 months plus the subscription I paid for.

They'll suspend your Xbox Live until you pay up. Plus you're technically committing fraud

To add: I could have gotten a refund but my account was in use so in their eyes I used the subscription and had to pay.
edit on 22-5-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join