It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Hardy to play Venom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
cant wait.
tom hardy is one of my favorite actors. i have not seen him in anything i didnt like. i still say his best is martina cole's the take but he kills it in everything.

www.imdb.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com... 000009

Sony announced Friday that Hardy will play Venom/Eddie Brock in its upcoming “Venom” movie

nothing else to report. going to be awesome

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm not a huge fan of Sony doing the flick.

But Venom is one of my favorite characters / archetypes.

An Agent Venom film would be much more interesting IMHO.
But hey I'm bias towards Flash over Eddie.

I've actually got an upcoming thread about Venom that I've been sitting on for like 2 years + now...
I wish I'd just sit down and put in the 5 hours to produce it.
It will surprise everyone I'd bet.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I agree I really enjoy Tom Hardy he seems to have alot of range as an actor

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Very cool, I've wanted to see a new Spiderman movie and venom is iconic or being a villain.

Thanks for the update

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Would love to read that

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Very cool, I've wanted to see a new Spiderman movie and venom is iconic or being a villain.

Thanks for the update

It depends on who is wearing the symbiotic lifeform and also on circumstances.

Venom has developed into much more of a gray area character, and in the case of Flash, he became an Avenger and then one of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Would love to read that

The title will be "Infected by the Venom of Venus", at least that's the current working title.
Dude this will blow your mind. It will reveal some information you cannot find anywhere else, an exclusive.

I have two or three threads that I have to write first though to set it up properly.
This endeavor is no easy task.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wait is spider man still with sony even though he was in civil war?

These franchise rights are so confusing.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Thanks for the update

It depends on who is wearing the symbiotic lifeform and also on circumstances.

Venom has developed into much more of a gray area character, and in the case of Flash, he became an Avenger and then one of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I've been watching flash series/DC legends series and flash keeps screwing things up lol, but your right its about who's got the venom life from causes not many people would be good at it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Yes, but they made a deal with Disney/Marvel to allow Spidey in the MCU, it makes sense as they will both earn a nice amount of money sharing the rights.

As for Venom, hopefully it will be miles better than his appearance in the abomination that was Spiderman 3

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
Wait is spider man still with sony even though he was in civil war?

These franchise rights are so confusing.

They bloody do get confusing cause they're everywhere on many TV series nowadays.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The real weakness of the entire Marvel related films issue is the way that 20th Century Fox/Sony/ Disney have to split up all of these characters into totally different universes.

That, for me, ruined a lot of the possible fun that the 'shared universe' films could have offered.
Having an "Infinity War" with no X-men, no F4 or Silver Surfer, etc, really screws things up.

This messy 'rights' issue even spills over to cartoons, video games, etc - effectively ripping the Marvel Universe into splinters.
From what I understand the rights to DC Universe characters are intact and Warner Bros owns all of them, but I'm not a huge fan of DC stuff so I don't really care. I do think Wonder Woman will be awesome though.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Would love to read that

The title will be "Infected by the Venom of Venus", at least that's the current working title.
Dude this will blow your mind. It will reveal some information you cannot find anywhere else, an exclusive.

I have two or three threads that I have to write first though to set it up properly.
This endeavor is no easy task.

If its going to blow my mind I'm willing to wait for it

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nice Venom is my favorite character out of the Spider-Man franchise. I haven't looked but I would like to see a Nightcrawler story line developed out he is my favorite out of the Marvel universe, 2nd and 3rd go to Green Arrow and Green Lantern... Green Lantern is one I have yet to see. I am personally not a fan of when actors are used as different characters... Like Ben Affleck already played Daredevil and well then going to play Batman? A character changed on the fly ruins it... changed out like Dread Pirate Roberts? Meh... it becomes a pass as in no interest. They should take a hint from the 007 series and hold the same actor as long as possible to the role.

Tom Cruise ruining the Ann Rice Vampire series really sucks; who needs 20 Mission Impossibles? He begged her for the role she kept refusing and finally relented; then bails out cutting the entire Interview With A Vampire... on out. He's a good actor but some dedication to a franchise means cutting the ego trips as so many are dying for roles(pun intended or not? your choice) to beg for the role and the roll over on the next I suppose was to be expected?

Sorry for the digression...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I thought he was Bane. Now he's Venom?

Hmmmm. Okay.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973
I thought he was Bane. Now he's Venom?

Hmmmm. Okay.

So what? Ben Affleck got to be Batman and Daredevil.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

I didnt even know he was bane til a long time after i watched batman. Tripped me out. I knew the bane dude was totally freaking 100% awesome and amazing, but never realized it was him.

Tom hardy simply rocks. Never seen him play a bad role.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I love how he play. Extremely talented and sexy actor
He got his first Oscar nomination as a supporting actor in “The Revenant”, pinetworth.com... . He was not noticed in any commercials and is not going to make career of a singer, although he can sing rather well. He has a lot of great advantages such as charisma, thick beard (from time to time) and acting talent. Can't wit to see his another role.
edit on 26-8-2017 by BillyGallagher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join