It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brillouin Energy Cold Fusion Is Real and Finally Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I love skeptics. You guys are great! So I totally get it and I will try to be accommodating to your sophisticated needs.

Now I understand LENR has been considered junk science. But over the last 30 years tons of "good" science has been done in this area. Although the whole Fleishman and Pons thing was complete circus, over the years people have done some really good work in this field. Peter Hagelstein of MIT has done some very good work on the physics and theory behind cold fusion. You can google all that if you are interested.

This is a really good video on some very good LENR research that has been done at the University of Missouri. You can judge if people are doing good science from this video:

www.youtube.com...

So scientists with good reputations are finally agreeing there is real science in this field. With that in mind, Robert Godes who is really more an engineer type person than a theoretical physicist, has created some really interesting devices. He calls his theory the Quantum Fusion Hypothesis and describes his LENR reaction as Controlled Electron Capture Reaction (CECR) process. Here is a very good animation of what and how it works (Robert Godes voice in the animation):

Public web page: brillouinenergy.com...

YouTube video shown in the public web page:

If you studied this field at all you know with fusion there are HUGE amounts of energy involved with these reactions. There is a PDF file describing the measured results and energy amounts from Godes devices. What is interesting is he outlines 4 different reactions releasing different amounts of energy which explain his experimental results.

brillouinenergy.com...

In the PDF file, I thought this comment is very interesting:

Why didn’t any one else go down this path? Actually several people did, but the first three pieces of information on the decay of 4
H that someone is likely to find will, in most cases, stop them from digging further into the National Nuclear Data Center (NNDC) or further pursuit on this path. The reward for further digging is finding the information shown in an excerpt from the paper “Data from
Energy Levels of Light Nuclei A=4” in the next section. This data shows that if it were possible to produce 4 H at an energy level below 3.53MeV, it would likely undergo β¯ decay and yield 17 to 20MeV of energy depending on the mass of 4 H. However all the data in the NNDC is collected
from high-energy physics experiments. The lowest energy level experiment that produced any indication of 4 H is an early sub-decay product of 7
Li(π-,t)3h+n. That is the result of an 8MeV pion colliding with 7 Li. The standard operating procedure of the NNDC is to list the lowest energy
level of observation as the ground state. So the first three bits of information in the NNDC on 4 H shows the decay mode as n: 100% or as always undergoing a neutron ejection decay mode23. Also as a result of the production mechanism, the 4 H nuclei is carrying away a significant portion of the
reaction energy, giving it an apparent mass in excess of the possible bound state. This is the reason for the given energy range possible for β¯ decay. In a Quantum Fusion reaction the neutron is cold (it just converted 782KeV to 9.3MeV to mass in the creation of a neutron, di-neutron, or
tri-neutron system) and the hydrogen nuclei is contained in a lattice with a mean free path < 200pm. Below is the data that one must find before beginning to accept this as a possible path for the reaction. Unfortunately, as stated above, the first three items someone is likely to find at the NNDC
show the “ground state” of 4 H undergoing n:100% neutron ejection decay mode and that 4 H is an unbound nuclei. Again, in the NNDC, the “ground state” is considered to be the lowest state at which a nuclide has been observed. In the case of 4 H, that is the immediate aftermath (~10-22) sec
after an 8MeV collision.

The data at the NNDC was only collected in high energy experiments so the information around 4H decay was not complete. If you read this PDF paper from Godes, I do believe he is making an sincere attempt in doing "good" science. I think that is an essential requirement for anything about this subject giving the subject's history.

Here's an article on 3rd party validation of Godes's latest devices:

www.nextbigfuture.com...

Brilluoin Energy's business plan is to convert existing California coal burning plants that have been closed down because of environmental regulations to LENR ones creating electricity.

Here's an excerpt from a new article about funding:

Brillouin Energy Closes $7.75 Million Series B Round

BERKELEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Following the successful replication of “over-unity” amounts of thermal energy from its LENR renewable energy technologies, Brillouin Energy Corp. announces the closing of $7,750,000 in its Series B round. The lead investor in the round, James (Jim) Farrell, has also joined the Company’s Board of Directors.

Brillouin Energy enters 2017 with an aggressive research and development program aimed at building on its significant progress toward commercializing LENR technologies. The Company is in the process of finalizing a $15 million Series C round offering, which it intends to launch later this month.

www.businesswire.com...

This is pretty good stuff. I think we are very close to seeing LENR finally start taking a bit of Big Oil's hegemony over energy production in the very near future. If you follow this field everything is always next year. But I really do think this is getting very close.

edit on 19-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Mars here we come

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nothing but claims yet again.

"Good" science would want/allow peer review and independent replication.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
Nothing but claims yet again.

"Good" science would want/allow peer review and independent replication.

I hope you are not just shooting from the hip. Here's from their site:

brillouinenergy.com...

And this is from testing done by SRI with really good calorimeters:

brillouinenergy.com...

You can just take the position it's poo poo until it shows up on the end-cap of Home Deport. But it looks pretty real at this point.

edit on 19-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This does make me wonder whether there are any molecules that could perform fusion between hydrogen or helium atoms/

There are molecules that perform photosynthesis using UV and Infra-Red photons -the compound holds onto a water molecule, then arms snip off the hydrogen atoms whenever a couple of UV photons arrive.

What if something could hold onto two Hydrogen or Helium atom and use photons to boost their magnetic fields and thus cause fusion?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So scientists with good reputations are finally agreeing there is real science in this field.

Shure, but modified to utilize only those LENR "contributions" that do not violate the Laws of Thermodynamics.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Build one or shut up?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

So scientists with good reputations are finally agreeing there is real science in this field.

Shure, but modified to utilize only those LENR "contributions" that do not violate the Laws of Thermodynamics.

There is no scientist that agrees with controlled electron capture. The whole thing is stupid the paper looks like it was pieced together from wiki. Case I'm point the paper describes what Brillouin zones are. But than whoever created the paper forgot about them and doesn't explain how they are used. So You Took The Time To Explain A new theory but than forgot how It Was Being used. This paper just Contradicts itself and it apears to be bits and pieces pasted together.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: charlyv

There is no scientist that agrees with controlled electron capture. The whole thing is stupid the paper looks like it was pieced together from wiki. Case I'm point the paper describes what Brillouin zones are. But than whoever created the paper forgot about them and doesn't explain how they are used. So You Took The Time To Explain A new theory but than forgot how It Was Being used. This paper just Contradicts itself and it apears to be bits and pieces pasted together.

Yes, but there are scientists that study the reciprocal lattice, which is what Brillouin zones are.
I agree, as they have it posted, it is a collage of dis-associated material. Certainly, the author did not have a grasp on what they were writing about.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Is this another Brilliant Light/Hydrino/It will change everything/Give us more money/This year, Next year/Nearly There! mumbo jumbo BS again?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's based on the same concepts...this thread is not going to be fun.

Hopefully (maybe) there is a little something to this one (maybe, hopefully).
edit on 19-5-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Interesting theory. But no, it's not 'real' yet.

new topics

top topics

join