It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Study Reveals HUGE Extent of Anti-Trump Media Bias

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Not only is the media anti-Trump, but so are most Americans. You decide if that's because the media is influencing Americans, or if the media is just presenting what most Americans want to see/hear. Trump is not favored among the majority of Americans. That's been shown in many. many polls. And, the support he does have is eroding fast. Of course, if you choose not to believe those polls, that's up to you. But, if that's the way you decide to go, discounting polls with results you don't like, it's possible that you're going to be continually boggled by current events not unfolding the way your selected polls/news sources report. As that old programming adage goes - garbage in, garbage out... The media is not Trump's biggest enemy. Trump is Trump's biggest enemy. If he'd just keep his mouth shut, he'd be in a much better situation. But expecting people not to react when he lies is not very realistic.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is my shocked face.

Not surprising because the majority of Americans see Trump for what he is-- a failure .

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

A major new study out of Harvard University has revealed the true extent of the mainstream media’s bias against Donald Trump.

Academics at the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy analyzed coverage from Trump’s first 100 days in office across 10 major TV and print outlets.

They found that the tone of some outlets was negative in as many as 98% of reports, significantly more hostile than the first 100 days of the three previous administrations

Trump has repeatedly claimed that his treatment by the media is unprecedented in its hostility.

This study suggests that, at least when it comes to recent history, he’s right.

Show me something good that Trump has done .
edit on Fri May 19 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote Quote Crash Course

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Of course the media is anti-Trump, they are controlled by Globalist Corporations, and Trump is anti-Globalist. That's what it all boils down to. The Globalists want to weaken America, Trump wants to strengthen it, their agendas are diametrically opposed. It's unfortunate most people don't understand this, or they would be able to see right through the media propaganda that is being fed to them in lethal doses everyday.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cmos101
Trump is the worst "President" in a long time, and his Russian past is catching up with him 😀

edit on 19-5-2017 by Cmos101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder if people actually liked Trump, if there would be less bias?

It can't possibly be that he's actually hated by half America, that's impossible.

edit on 19-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone There is a lot of hate towards Trump because he is a really sh tty man= shi ty President.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer LOL, you blame the Media for a piss poor President?? The Media did not force him to join forces with the Russians....HMM just saying.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Gargamel

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: underwerks

I wouldn't know because I'm a liberal.

But just listen to yourself for one second and reflect on this. You are saying that being under scrutiny 100% of the time because of your past (not to mention before he was ever a politician) is justifiable. The fact that you are holding his past against him is already considered bias, now throw on top of that a magnifying glass of scrutiny. You see the problem yet?

You mean like harping on the President's birth certificate for 8 years straight, even after he produces said certificate despite no obligation to do so?

I don't recall the main stream media constantly going on about the Birth certificate thing. I recall individuals who questioned it not being convinced with the photoshopped version of the birth certificate going on about it but I'm pretty sure CNN, ABC, NBC etc.. didn't have constant negative coverage of it.

Stop pretending like Fox isn't mainstream.

Fox's viewership numbers are no where near the Big3+1 Broadcast networks.

READ

Fox News maintained its lead as the most-watched news channel for the 14th consecutive year, thanks to a loyal audience that tunes in for its prime time shows with Bill O'Reilly, Megyn Kelly and Sean Hannity.

They are bigger...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Nice to see so many accepting this study. Let's see what else it has to say, beyond the shiny graphs:

shorensteincenter.org...

Never in the nation’s history has the country had a president with so little fidelity to the facts, so little appreciation for the dignity of the presidential office, and so little understanding of the underpinnings of democracy.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

For example?

The reason the media reports are negative is because almost everything Trump actually "does" is contrary, controversial, dangerous, objectionable and morally questionable.

The purpose of the "press" isn't to be cheerleaders for Trump.

Please, the media reports are negative simply because they didn't want Trump elected as President and these same morons have been cooking up false claims without any corroboration simply because President Trump is not a globalist puppet...

All you have from these MSM sources are false claims cooked up to try to steer public opinion to oppose President Trump.

As for "controversial, dangerous, objectionable and morally questionable."... Those same MSM sources you are relying on have been ", controversial, objectionable and morally questionable" in every false report they have been publishing about President Trump, and the "Russian hacks"... Yet you don't seem to have any problem with accepting the BS these same MSM sources have been publishing about Trump...

edit on 19-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It'd be awesome getting paid to watch TV and then write a paper about it. It's also be awesome if all 10 had their broadcasting licences revoked for exploiting their positions as impartial news outlets FOR THE PUBLIC.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Can liberals see nothing good in Trumps actions?

For example?

The reason the media reports are negative is because almost everything Trump actually "does" is contrary, controversial, dangerous, objectionable and morally questionable.

I wonder did harvard do a study on Obama, when trump and all of his goons were claiming obama's Birth Certificate was fake.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Wait trump was behind that this whole time... Lol...The lengths some people go to to smear a guy over a political view point...The least you could do is actually go after something he has actually done.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

is it though? or are you just repeating what the media is saying..

see what i did there?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

Not only is the media anti-Trump, but so are most Americans.

To be fair, he's
* called them fake
* constantly dissed them
* called them liars after they reported his words (and tweets)
* called them liars for saying his inauguration crowd wasn't the largest ever (and he's still going on about this 4 months later)
* said they misunderstood him
* restricted who had access to him
* declared war on them

... I'm surprised they don't speak more harshly about him.

He declared war on them - but he's not the boss of the news empire. So they're not going to report what he tells them but what they find out. He's managed to alienate the intelligence community as well - I expect more fireworks.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

For example?

Please, the media reports are negative simply because they didn't want Trump elected as President and these same morons have been cooking up false claims without any corroboration simply because President Trump is not a globalist puppet...

Including Fox News? I seem to recall that they and Brietbart and other conservative outlets were very much in favor of Trump. They now don't seem to be very fond of him.

So were they fake before or did they hire pod people to take the place of their formerly pro-Trump writers?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

For example?

Including Fox News? I seem to recall that they and Brietbart and other conservative outlets were very much in favor of Trump. They now don't seem to be very fond of him.

So were they fake before or did they hire pod people to take the place of their formerly pro-Trump writers?

I have been following Todd Starnes cause he is hilarous as an opinion writer. Even he flip flopped on Trump. That's how bad it is.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The narratives make every move of his that way... As example with the firing of Comely, would you like me to show you the endless videos of the left screaming for his head on a platter? Now that he actually fires him it is contrary, controversial, dangerous, objectionable and morally questionable... pick anyone...lol

edit on 19-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join