It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this space junk or something "else"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Back in 1991 a ball of fire almost hit my friend one night.
It was the size of a beachball or slightly smaller, he was doing about 100km and it came in at low trajectory and flew across the front of his car almost hitting him.
He said he stopped on the top of the hill and could see it glowing/burning in the valley below.
Long story but it took two years to get it.
It was in a v pattern 50 to 60 feet long with hundreds of metal chunks, here is one piece, what do you guys think it is.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Thor's hammer !

But story and looks would suggest a meteorite.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outback22
Back in 1991 a ball of fire almost hit my friend one night.
It was the size of a beachball or slightly smaller, he was doing about 100km and it came in at low trajectory and flew across the front of his car almost hitting him.
He said he stopped on the top of the hill and could see it glowing/burning in the valley below.
Long story but it took two years to get it.
It was in a v pattern 50 to 60 feet long with hundreds of metal chunks, here is one piece, what do you guys think it is.

Alien uterus?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
if its a meteorite go collect them. they are worth quite a good chunk of change on the open market. if its as big as you suggest you have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of meteorites to sell.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

It was collected in 1994 but about 10% is still at the fall sight. Its been a bit of a secret all this time because (Australia)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outback22
a reply to: TheScale

It was collected in 1994 but about 10% is still at the fall sight. Its been a bit of a secret all this time because (Australia)

break out the metal detectors cause its practically as good as gold. best wishes in your searching

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Outback22

Check this website:
meteorites.wustl.edu...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Space junk would be made of lighter or stronger materials than Iron.

but Iron is the most common material found in meteorites.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Interesting photo.
Would it be possible for you to ask him to please put a pencil next to it and take another picture for scale?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

It is clearly the doodoo of an alien.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

sorry no, anything that would have kept enough velocity at ground level to be still glowing from air friction should have exploded in the upper atmospere and spread the remains over a huge area.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

Its sitting on a dinner plate. Its about 3 inches by 3 inches.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Its oxidized and has irregular burn and melting patterns inconsistent with an meteorite object entering the atmosphere, as you said this is also only 10% of it, it would weigh over 100KG and would of penetrated quite deep into the ground leaving a small crater, and the impact would of been picked up on our seismic sensors (they are sensitive enough to pick up a small explosion in the middle of the desert), at a shallow angle as you said it would of resulted in an air burst 20000ft up + and would never of reached the ground.

No.
edit on 19-5-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Spelling + Addition

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

The pic is not 10%, I said 10% was left in the valley.
And I never mentioned 100kg, I believe the ball was hollow.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Space junk would be made of lighter or stronger materials than Iron.

but Iron is the most common material found in meteorites.

A common misconception, not true, stony materials are the most common with iron least common.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

My mistake.

Still no to the meteorite bit, low angle, ballistic trajectory, glowing - it would of air burst, not meteorite.

Whatever else it could be? Dunno.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: suicideeddie

sorry no, anything that would have kept enough velocity at ground level to be still glowing from air friction should have exploded in the upper atmospere and spread the remains over a huge area.

Again, a common misconception about meteorites. If that were true, there would be no meteorites!

That term, meteorite, by the way, applies to material of any size that falls to earth.

Stony meteors tend to explode if they approach at a high velocity such as the one that exploded over Russia a few years ago. The materials of bodies found on the surface intact are frequently the iron ones. They are relatively few compared to the stony ones.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Why did you not mention these details you wrote else where, mate?

Hi everyone im outback Back in 1991 my friend was over in Vic for the summer holidays. On his way back home just past the Vic sa border his wife could see strange green and blue lights up in the sky she told him to pull over. They said that there were six or so bright green or blue lights. The wife said it was like the were (playing or circling) the lights were quite far away, They continued on home. Near the end of the journey and I mean like 10minutes from home. a bright molten beachball sized fireball came in at low trajectory and shot over the front of his car, my friend says it was so close. I said “what do you mean” he said if he was going just a faction faster it would of hit him. They parked on the hill and could see it glowing/burning down in the valley. They continued on home, the next morning after a sleep they both totally forgot about it and went on as normal. Until a new years eve party in 1994, the host of the party was telling UFO story’s for hours until both my friend and his wife remembered the blue and green lights they saw, they then both remembered the fireball. they all agreed that if the story was true they would find the fireball. The next day they found it spread in a v pattern 50 feet long. Hear is a pic of one piece

edit on 19-5-2017 by MuonToGluon because: SP

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Sorry bro, I probably should of started with the UFO stuff, but the fact is something nearly hit them and that something was found.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Maybe he didn't feel like writing a novel again. Why does it even matter?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join