It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does NATO Use North Korea To Keep The World Afraid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Dear Sir or Madam,

Isn't it interesting that whenever a president takes office the left and the right, republicans and democrats are at each other's throats? Seeing the never ending cycle of anger and disappointment towards our current president I had an interesting thought, what exactly is being done to change the world opinion of Donald Trump, what is he doing to shift the focus from him towards anything else? Right as I had this thought I stumbled across an interesting article called: "Why do we appease North Korea?" The author correctly points out that we have allowed North Korea to progress its nuclear agenda since the 1950's, we had half a century to depose the Norths leaders, more than fifty years to infiltrate and slowly crush North Korea, yet instead, we talk tough and allow them to do as they wish.

www.nytimes.com...

I figure it's like this:

North Korea like America is deeply tied into arms trafficking, the puppet leaders are simply an extension of rich American interests that keep the rich of North Korea wading in money and allow the poor to suffer.

Did you know that North Korea uses the American Dollar? Who makes money when war breaks out? Few stand to gain more than those who secure the contracts of the war machine. It appears that North Korea is trotted out and touted as the bully of the world whenever the Superpowers of NATO begin losing their grip on the general populace.

Donald Trump is no different than Bush, Clinton, or even Obama when it comes to North Korea. There seems to be a consensus that the world needs a bad guy and North Koreas is happy to oblige. I find it strange that North Koreas hasn't after all this time simply dropped a bunch of short range dirty bombs on the South, logic suggests that if they are so terrible, that would have been done long ago, what or who has stayed their hand? It seems very likely that Trump was being honest when he said he would be "happy to speak" with North Koreas leader and then five minutes later demand sanctions for a missile test. He did so because since the end of the Korean War our presidents and the elite of the world have been doing it already. I imagine it would go something like this:

Trump: "Well I messed up on firing Comey.. any ideas to get America to pay attention to something else?

Advisor 1: "Clinton?"

Trump: " No one cares about her anymore, we need a ringer."

Advisor 2: " Just throw North Korea under the bus, say we are in a global crisis and everyone will rally behind the President."

Trump: " Putin you are a genius, I'm happy I have you on my staff, get Kim on the line for me Vladie baby."

The fact is that America dropped more bombs on North Korea than all bombs dropped in the Pacific arena of war during world war 2, and then we effectively left North Korea to its own devices. Taking a tough stance on North Korea at this point is like asking Donald Trump to deactivate his twitter account, nice thought, but the damage was done long ago.

Washington’s 1994 deal with North Korea froze its plutonium-based weapons program for eight years, but that agreement came at the price of ignoring that the North was developing all along an alternative uranium-based program. Pyongyang’s first long-range missile test in 1998 led to the Clinton administration’s re-engagement of the North, upon which Washington gave about $300 million worth of food aid in return for inspecting an empty cave suspected of storing nuclear matériel.

The Bush administration showed even less backbone. After Pyongyang’s first nuclear test, in 2006, Washington, distracted by the war in Iraq, lifted targeted financial sanctions on Pyongyang, returned to nuclear talks, turned a blind eye to the North’s construction of a nuclear reactor in Syria, resumed food aid, and removed North Korea from the list of state sponsors of terrorism.

I don't think there will be any nuclear war, and there won't be any profound changes either, America is the same as it was before Clinton and worse in some ways after Obama, Trump isn't doing anything he hasn't been paid to do by the large corporations that run America, and in four years much of what he does will be rolled back again. We live in a time where our ideas have an ever increasing need to be stamped out, when we realize that working together without fear we can do anything we want, in this country and in any country, the hold that the top 1% has over us all will disappear.

America and all the other countries across the globe appease North Korea because much like organized religion, it is used to keep us humans off balance and afraid of nothing.

I hope this finds you well, thank you for taking a moment, and all the best!

Sung-Yoon, L (2017, May 17). Why do we Appease Noth Korea?, The New York Times, p. A11.

edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: gramma!

edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: Spelling!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thekaliyuga

I'd say there's a lot of truth to those words.

There's one fact that sticks out amongst the rest is the arms trafficking. They're corrupt always play ball with our corrupt.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Sometimes I feel like the things that matter the most are the ones that are hidden the best.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

we had half a century to depose the Norths leaders, more than fifty years to infiltrate and slowly crush North Korea,

I think in general, it is considered unethical to go into a country and depose or murder a leader (or leaders).

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

it is considered unethical

Never stopped the "coalition" going in to topple Saddam Hussein or Muammar Gaddafi

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Better to let them build a nuclear arsenal, then do the same to them as we did to oil rich countries, eh?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

If there is one country that I would like to see have a different leadership, it is N. Korea. And it is not because of them building weapons but because of how they treat their people.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

the puppet leaders are simply an extension of rich American interests

Whether it be rich American interests or rich multi-national interests, I wouldn't be surprised. War is the highest grossing racket on Earth.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
the common enemy, the one that makes people unite under your banner even if they hate your guts. It's either North Korea, Russia, or Muslim Extremists, or at least has been for the past few years.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's more like the EU, tries to keep the world afraid and tries to orchestrate provocations using NATO forces, mainly US forces and hardware.

new topics

top topics

join