It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... I turned 30 today...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hahaha... geez... I thought it was the 40 year mark that pushed us over the hill... now we're going over at 30???

Anyway... to the OP... Happy Birthday to your Mother!

I never understood the Birth Day celebration very much... even as a child. I did not remember a split second of the birthing process, and did not form a single memory prior to 2 years of age. My mother however, somehow endured intense pain and effort to bring life to my world. It's even weirder to me that Mother's are ignored on the the day that commemorates the event when the entire brunt of the pain is felt through the feelings of the Mother. My mother does find it odd to find praise on her child's B-day, but she also understands what I mean and gets enjoyment from the idea as well.

It could also be an easy way to push focus away from one self as well. When people call me on my B-day, I shift their attention to my Mother instead. 2 birds, one stone... and it puts the focus where it belongs.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm not a fan of birthdays too, but happy Bday bro... I'll also be 30 in a few months.

Spot on about what you said on the planet. The second half of my 20's I spent on finding ways to free myself and live a freedom lifestyle where I can spend life traveling, or living in a cabin somewhere in the mountains, finding solitude and truth in this mad house.

The next few months will probably decide the fate of it. I'm not interested in having another 30 years of the same horse#.

Cheers.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Happy birthday to you. Congrats on making it to 30.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Congratulations on getting by for 30 years. Don't even know if I'll make it to 30 or if I even want to.
edit on 17-5-2017 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
So... I turned 30 today...

Well done, Trooper!
You have earned access to the final ten year level of life's boot camp!
On this level, you will meet challenges never before even dreamed!
It will require all the skills that you have, and quite a few that you do not yet have...

If you manage to fake your way through the next level, also;

Life begins at 40! *__-

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I hope you had a good day after all and enjoyed your well wishes. It seems you are well liked and it (your birthday) was a great opportunity for folks to let you know that, I hope that made you a little happier about the birthday.
Some members have mentioned how fast time will seem to go the older one gets and I find that to be true. It's very cliche to say but, seize the day and find time to stop and smell the roses.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Happy Birthday! I would love to be 30 again...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join