It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marrying a Catholic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Catholic father, Methodist Mother. Mother had to agree to raise me in a Catholic school/enviroment. That was in the 1950's when they married....and I was raised and educated Catholic.

Bugged the hell out of mom....and Dad petitioned the Catholic church to be remarried after divorcing mom...it was years...and the church would not annul the 1st one.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Confirmation is the Catholic Sacrament of being confirmed as an adult, or fully knowledgeable member of the Catholic Church (typically occurring in 8th or 9th grade for kids, but adults can be confirmed)

It involves lots of study and is really just a short anointing ceremony. The study leading up to the ceremony is the hard part. You are basically confirming your faith by gaining total understanding of the major parts of the faith.

Typically performed, in the US, by a bishop, not a priest.

Not easy to do. If you don't believe, don't do it to appease the family.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

just be good, and be clean...marrying a catholic is absolutely beautiful..

and, you are entering the opportunity to learn about really good healthy foods..

good for you, and good luck!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

you are very lucky to even marry a christian gal! if she is catholic then even better..

be good
be faithful to one another
be loving

i do not understand what the conflict of interest would be if you are already christian..

be family

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania
Typically performed, in the US, by a bishop, not a priest.

My mother was confirmed at the age of 70 in Salisbury Cathedral with three Bishops in attendance. Beat that!

I suppose it's progress that Anglicans (Church of England) can marry Catholics etc. In the same Cathedral there's a plaque to three Protestant Martyrs burned at the stake for not bowing down to the Roman Catholicism. Oh, Bloody Mary had a merry time killing Protestants.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

just love your wife to be

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I was an ex-Catholic, my wife is a Catholic, we had a civil marriage. That's about 24 years ago. I agreed to all three of my kids to be baptized a Catholic, no big deal. If they want to be atheists, agnostics, Muslims or Buddhists later in life, I have no problem with it, with their Mom, there could be a bit of problem.

I have an Aunt who is a devout Catholic and another Aunt who is a Catholic nun. I guess one of the things that messed me up was seeing nuns in bathing suits as a kid.

You ought to be confused right now but I wish you all the luck to make it work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join