It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statuesque Dinosaur Fossil the Best Preserved of Its Kind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
It's all hindsight and amature blunders, but it could have been removed intact with a bit of skill and just a little bit more effort and care. Rather than risk breaking it, (which failed big) go a bit slower, it's just a shame.

Didn't it say it took 5 years?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: scubagravy
This great thread means nothing until we can convince the 6000 year old simpletons otherwise..... i tellz ya, it's like pissing in the wind, my trousers are drenched.

I need help.

I don't know why those particular simpletons bother you so much. Are they out to get you and brainwash you into their cult? Do you feel like you got to go out of your way to fix them or something?

Besides this topic is just about an amazing fossil find, not a rant about convincing a group of people, you characterize as simpletons, to change their irrational beliefs into your own.

I thought you of all people know how hard it is to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys..... if you believe in it, then fair go to you. But i think its stupid, very stupid, and i have an opinion of it, and i spoke it. If you too do not believe in 6000, stay out of it and let others make their own battle. Saving snowflakes will give you a headache after a while.

Stay on topic please.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Great seeing a detailed dad gum dinosaur
ScubaGravy.....if evolution is real, God invented it

GOD : Genius of Deception

I got a 10r on dislosure, my odds seem to have shorten so much over the years, i'll prolly just get my 10r back

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Great seeing a detailed dad gum dinosaur
ScubaGravy.....if evolution is real, God invented it

GOD : Genius of Deception

I got a 10r on dislosure, my odds seem to have shorten so much over the years, i'll prolly just get my 10r back

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

This great thread means nothing until we can convince the 6000 year old simpletons otherwise..... i tellz ya, it's like pissing in the wind, my trousers are drenched.

I need help.

I don't know why those particular simpletons bother you so much. Are they out to get you and brainwash you into their cult? Do you feel like you got to go out of your way to fix them or something?

Besides this topic is just about an amazing fossil find, not a rant about convincing a group of people, you characterize as simpletons, to change their irrational beliefs into your own.

I thought you of all people know how hard it is to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys..... if you believe in it, then fair go to you. But i think its stupid, very stupid, and i have an opinion of it, and i spoke it. If you too do not believe in 6000, stay out of it and let others make their own battle. Saving snowflakes will give you a headache after a while.

Stay on topic please.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, however, so am I and will decide to stay out of it if I choose, which I have by the way. What I have been politely trying to say is how you are attempting to derail the thread with your anti-biblical trolling. That is my only point from the beginning, and then you have the Gaul to tell me to stay on topic (face palm).

Sargon Thrall didn't include any bible bashing in his original post, nor did I and you shouldn't either. That is my opinion and I will now quit replying and stop fueling your non-sense.
edit on 14-5-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added extra comments

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

You must be stupid... the gaul ?

Stay on topic ' was tongue in cheek that you were right, i must be derailing this nonsense.

Relax, go sit back down in your armchair and stroke your cat.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
**ahem**

The topic is about a dinosaur find of rather magnificent proportions... Not personal back and forth about whatever it is...

Knock it off.
Do not respond to this post.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I need help.

Convince us of the equally laughable 110 million years.

They just throw these numbers around...and people lap it up.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

That is simply not how it works ParasuvO.

If you truly believe that it IS how these things work, then you need to educate yourself to a greater degree, because this state of affairs simply cannot stand.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
There are plenty of topics on ATS about the young earth creation theory, no need to discuss it here.

6000 year old earth

1000 years equals 1 day?

6 Days of Creation

young earth creationism

This amazing fossil has contributed much to our knowledge already, esp. the way the bony plates were preserved intact. It will continue to enlighten us concerning the natural history of dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Although this thread is a few years old, the ankylosaur fossil found by Suncor Energy has been given the name Borealopelta markmitchelli (meaning "Mark Mitchell's northern shield"). In retrospect, the Borealopelta holotype remains the most complete non-avian dinosaur fossil found in deposits in Alberta that predate the Santonian-Maastrichtian interval. When first excavated, the fossil named Borealopelta was originally thought to be a plesiosaur or other marine reptile, but further analysis showed that it was actually an ankylosaur specimen that had been washed out to sea. I know several ankylosaur taxa based on specimens found in marine deposits in the United States, namely Nodosaurus, Hierosaurus, Aletopelta, Stegopelta, Niobrarasaurus, and Acantholipan, and ankylosaurs have been recorded from terrestrial deposits in North America dating to the Berriasian to Cenomanian interval since the early 1900s.

Link:
www.cell.com...(17)30808-4?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS0960982217308 084%3Fshowall%3Dtrue

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join