It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Avocado hand' is sending people to the ER because people don't know how to cut their fruit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee, and here I was worried that Avocado shreds DNA.nutritionfacts.org...

When the health industry pushes something as a super food, beware.

If you weren't eating this latex food, you wouldn't be cutting yourself.

It's a fruit, so it must be good for you.

Dang, I wish I had one now. Made myself hungry..

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Yes, people eat them! They don't place them next to vital organs in the abdominal cavity!

edit on 11-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You know?

Maybe it's just because The Great Avocado Overmind demands blood in return for the nutrition that it provides.

Blood!

Blood for The Blood God!

Just sayin'
edit on 11-5-2017 by Sinan because: : . : .

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Avocado is one food I just don't like - by itself. I will smash down all the guacamole in sight at BBQs etc but by itself, or even in salad is something I've never gotten used to - it's the texture and lack of taste.

Anyway, as to the Darwin award recipients from your OP, I hope they recover and learn to steer clear of the injury causing over-priced tastelessness disguised as a fruit (I think)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Why stab with the point of the knife? That's quite dangerous, and likely the way most people manage to hurt themselves. I've always used the heel, or close to the heel, of a chef's knife to get the seed out. See this for reference: www.thekitchn.com...

One fruit I won't hassle someone for cutting themselves while handling, the mango. Slippery little bastards...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Imagine what they'd do themselves if they got a hold of a pineapple!!!

edit on 11-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Also?

Pardon me for this but I feel compelled to share that the avocado is not a fruit...

Avocado

It's a berry,

Okay then.

Good night.

edit on 11-5-2017 by Sinan because: : . : .

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Roxxo
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Why stab with the point of the knife?

Because I welcome danger

I find it easier than taking a whack with the heel.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I literally just finished eating an avocado...

But it's OK guys, I made it out alive. Wasn't easy but I did it.

Whew..!

Expect your health insurance to mysteriously go up another 20 bucks a month.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ive cut my thumb trying to unstuck the seed( with my thumb) from the knife. Then I realized simply bang the knife with the seed on the trash can and the seed pops out. I got one stitch.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

...and lack of taste.

That's alright.

No one would expect Australia to have any with which to detect any in the first place.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sinan

pfft - taste is for snobs - if it doesn't taste like hops, barley, wheat, grapes, mince, pastry or tomato sauce, it's clearly the devils food. Youze yanks have too many calories and supersized triple cheeseburgers to appreciate the finer things in life.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Sinan

hops, barley, wheat...

...triple cheeseburgers

I'll take both the beer and the triple bacon cheese thanka

Just make sure that burger has avocado or gtfo.

edit on 12-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

When i was 16 I was working at Mcdonalds and They had these huge rolls of saran wrap ,with the giant razer sharp saw on the box.

I pulled on it to hard one time and the whole roll came off the counter, my dumb ass tried to catch it and it sliced my wrist to the bone.

I was bleeding like a stuffed pig ,I could push down on my wrist above the cut and shoot blood like 6 feet lol. It was "MEDIC" we got a bleeder.

Now 30 years later I still have the scar on my wrist and have been asked countless times if I tried to commit suicide.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Yes, people eat them! They don't place them next to vital organs in the abdominal cavity!

I spent a lot of time studying multiple properties of foods. I only consider about three natural foods bad out of many hundreds I have evaluated. I consider Avacado to be on this short no fly list.

Avacado is considered anticancer because this chemical is absorbed by the body and because cancer cells are very hungry because of their growth it is absorbed at higher level and shreds the DNA which leads to apoptosis of the cancer. but it also is absorbed by normal cells at a lesser amount and it can cause dna damage there, hopefully the cell damage also leads to apoptosis. If not, it could lead to mutations. I'll pass on the Avacado, but a little bit of guacamole isn't going to kill anyone occasionally.

If people want to believe it is good for them, I won't burst their bubble.
edit on 12-5-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Even breathing is health hazardous. Everything, everything, everything under the sun is good and bad for you at the same time when taking too much or too little.

A little bit of apoptosis here and there is balanced out by the contentment a tasty avocado can bring.

I'm not a buddha, but I play one on ATS.

What are the other 2 foods going to kill me?

edit on 12-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: rickymouse

Even breathing is health hazardous. Everything, everything, everything under the sun is good and bad for you at the same time when taking too much or too little.

A little bit of apoptosis here and there is balanced out by the contentment a tasty avocado can bring.

I'm not a buddha, but I play one on ATS.

Upon evaluating many of the things that the State of California says are carcinogens, I found that the vast majority of them are not if you consume good companion chemistry with them. The people investigating this stuff do not test these things in conjunction with other traditionally eaten companion chemistry that is consumed with them....like peanut butter and jelly eaten together contains antidote qualities.

I wasn't able to find any companion chemistry with avacados. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist, maybe some of the chemistries the people consume at the same time in Mexico are a companion chemistry. I also was not able to find adequate companion chemistry to neutralize soy chemistry, that is one of the other foods I do not feel is good for us.

Think about this, the government is pushing avacado as good food, when does the government ever say a food is good for us, when it contains doping chemistry. Omega threes have a settling chemistry to them.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Next thing you know, avocado s will be banned from the masses...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Put salt on it. When I was a kid I loved them, then hated them for a long time, now I mash them up and spread it on toast but it needs salt. Everything needs salt. SALT.

Also, kids, avocados are berries.
edit on 1220170520171 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1220170520171 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The solution for this problem already exist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join