It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Judiciary Chair Hints That Comey Revealed Trump Not Under Investigation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Senate Judiciary Chair Hints That Comey Revealed Trump Not Under Investigation

The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee suggested on Thursday that former FBI Director James Comey informed him last week that President Trump is not a subject of the bureau’s Russia investigation.

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley hinted that Comey made the revelation about Trump during a closed, classified session following a committee hearing last week. California Sen. Dianne Feinstein also attended.

“Shortly after Director Comey briefed us, I tweeted that he should be transparent. I said he should tell the public what he told Senator Feinstein and me about whether the FBI is or is not investigating the President,” Grassley said.

Trump fired Comey on Tuesday. In a letter to Comey, Trump claimed that the newly fired FBI chief had told him on three separate occasions that he was not a target of the bureau’s probe.

Sponsored Links by

“On Tuesday, the President’s letter said that Director Comey told him he was not under investigation. Senator Feinstein and I heard nothing that contradicted the President’s statement.”

Grassley noted that Comey declined to say in the public hearing last week whether or not Trump was a subject of the investigation. Comey warned the lawmakers not to read too much into his refusal to say either way whether Trump was a target of the probe.

Grassley then called on the FBI to “confirm to the public whether it is or is not investigating the President.”

“Because it has failed to make this clear, speculation has run rampant,” he added.

Feinstein followed up Grassley’s comments and appeared to endorse them.

“Thanks very much Mr. Chairman. I very much appreciate what you said and it’s very accurate. We were briefed, and the nature of the briefing was a counterintelligence and criminal investigation that the FBI who is carrying out and more than that, I will not say either,” she said.

Click link for full article...

Relevant part starts around the 3:50 mark.

As has been stated time and again Trump is not the focus of any of these investigations.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It would be very interesting to get a clear answer to Trumps accusations that Obama "wire tapped" him . Seems with Flynn's phone call making the rounds and other distractions the Tweet that got all this mess going slipped out of sight .

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I still believe the whole Russia thing was a way to hide the hidden surveillance of the Republicans / Trump campaign during the elections. A good reason for unmasking so many Americans would be needed and what better cover than to invent a Russia threat to our Democracy story to do it behind?

The Democratic Senator on the Senate Intel committee was the one who told Rice not to come testify. That is going to force either the Senate or House committee to issue a subpoena to force her to appear.

For people who claim they did nothing wrong I fail to understand why they wont testify on what they know.

Seems hinky to me.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Guess we can hear it straight from Comey if and when he testifies as a private citizen before the Senate.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Guess we can hear it straight from Comey if and when he testifies as a private citizen before the Senate.

It's not that easy. He is still required to comply with classified info and executive communication requirements.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Seems like a simple question, especially if Trump isn't being investigated. Hell, Trump said how many times Comey told him he wasn't under investigation so why couldn't Comey answer the question?
edit on 11-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Seems like a simple question, especially if Trump isn't being investigated.

The question is simple yes but the answer is not. Comey still has to follow the laws with regards to classified info (like counter-intel operations / criminal investigations) and because he was the FBI Director any communications between him and the President are protected so he cant just tell the committee what he talked to Trump about.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That's a closed meeting ... so no. "We" can't hear it if he testifies.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So Comey does but Trump doesn't? What sense does that make?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Then the world will never know, unless Comey writes an article for some news outlet or during an interview. Surely if Trump can constantly tell the world Comey told him he wasn't under investigation then Comey can clarify.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So Comey does but Trump doesn't? What sense does that make?

Comey is not required to testify. He has been invited although I dont believe he accepted. Trump can invoke executive privilidge to prevent Comey from speaking to Congress on matters that fall within executive privilege.

Congress is exercising oversight on another co equal branch of government. Neither side gets an automatic I win button.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't know about "hinted", but today, leftist icon Dianne Feinstein came right out and said that Trump was not under investigation.

I'm still waiting for the leftists to provide even ONE piece of evidence that Trump is under investigation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Got a link to Feinstein saying that?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
It would be very interesting to get a clear answer to Trumps accusations that Obama "wire tapped" him . Seems with Flynn's phone call making the rounds and other distractions the Tweet that got all this mess going slipped out of sight .

According to what I have seen in official stuff, both Trump's and Hillary's campaign were both being watched by the White house, including monitoring overseas calls and data that went overseas. But technically it was not defined as wiretapping but it is basically the same thing. Now that Comey has been relieved of duty, I expect more about this to come out or more heads will roll. People will start to talk or lose their jobs.

There is a lot more to this than we are allowed to know right now.

I actually feel that the sitting president should be checking out candidates running for the presidency. But this imformation should have been kept under a lid, there was some serious issues with unmasking this information.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: SBMcG

Got a link to Feinstein saying that?

During the Senate hearing today (11 May 2017)…

The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee suggested on Thursday that former FBI Director James Comey informed him last week that President Trump is not a subject of the bureau’s Russia investigation.

[Grassley]: On Tuesday, the President’s letter said that Director Comey told him he was not under investigation. Senator Feinstein and I heard nothing that contradicted the President’s statement.

[Feinstein]: Thanks very much Mr. Chairman. I very much appreciate what you said and it’s very accurate.

Grassley and Feinstein suggest Trump NOT under FBI Investigation

edit on 11-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife knows about Pizzagate.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hate to say it but after watching the SiC hearing aka the court of Fowls. Kudos if you get that reference. Some of those people need to resign. They are clearly to old or senile for the job. Pompeo had to answer the same question 3 times and looked like he was about to murder that guy. I saw it in his eyes. I know people voted for the members of the SIC but oh boy they are not the sharpest tools in the shed. It was a trainwreck.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Interesting, and great find,
Also Grassley has said the acting FBI director
McCabe should not be considered for the permanent
position due to his connection to Clinton.

Grassley is a bulldog, need more like him!

edit on 11-5-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

McCabe will not be the new head of the FBI and depending on who the new head is McCabe's days are numbered.

Trey Gowdys name keeps coming up in lists. I hope he's open to the idea, thats it is offered to him and that he accepts it. A Democrat has already come out in support of Gowdy as FBI director.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Trey would be a good fit.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I think most who stay on top of the news realize this already EXCEPT for those on the left who repeat this same old lie again and again hoping the ignorant do not see through the lie....basically being a typical democrat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join