It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt and the Grand canyon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I came across this piece which seems to claim that their were many finds from Egypt discovered in the Grand canyon, and that they are also on display in the Smithsonian. They claim that since the whole area is now a Park the Feds have put the place on shutdown. If this is true it obviously doesn't seem to be following the general narrative. Since at that time the ruler of Egypt requested that the artifacts be sent back to Egypt. What the heck is going on here? sites.google.com...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
I suspect that the story is being padded out with standard photos of museum artifacts which are then claimed as "taken from" the Grand Canyon. I bet that isn't what the labels say.
Incidentally, the alleged "gold statue of an Egyptian king" looks remarkably like an image of Buddha.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I've heard of these tales of Egyptian discoveries in the GC for years.
I always wondered why this wasn't being touted as the greatest historical discovery of the century.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I can't say that I trust what the Smithsonian says about much.They hid information pertaining to Giants found and excavated in the 1800's and stored away. It's a good cover for them.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
NOT saying that it's true, but look up Viking runestone in southeast Oklahoma. I can't remember the lady's name, and can't get a link', but she wrote a book about it.
In the later chapters she discuses findingEgyptian carvings in caves along the Arkansas river banks.

Sorry for not having links.

True???

VF

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

it was a story ran in a newspaper back in the early 1900's.

On April 5, 1909, a newspaper in Phoenix, Arizona, called the Arizona Gazette, published an article in its evening addition. The story was titled “Explorations in the Grand Canyon”, and was posted anonymously. The account tells of project, under the direction of Professor S. A. Jordan, where Smithsonian-backed adventurer G. E. Kinkaid was traveling alone in a wooden boat in search of “mineral”. He claims to have seen “stains in the sediment”, whereupon he landed his boat, made his way up the side of the canyon, walked past “steps” and found the cave entrance. Upon entering the cave, the story tells of elaborate paths, mammoth sized rooms, an underground citadel, enough space to accommodate 50,000 people, idols, tablets, weapons, copper instruments, and, most shockingly… Egyptian Mummies??

The Pseudo-Archaeologists are at it again! And despite copious amounts of evidence pointing out how false the story is, the myth lives on, and in fact, there seems to be a growing paranoia that archaeologists are destroying the “truth” of man’s past.
An Odd Place to Find Egyptians anthropology.msu.edu...

bunch of horse hocky

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
bunch of horse hocky

Indeed. There are a number of factors behind reports such as these, and one of the major considerations was the disenfranchising of Native Americans from their traditional lands. Same with giants.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

well that maybe true to some extent, but for the U.S. Government go to the point of making up a story about finding a ancient
Egyptian tomb filled with artifacts and mummies there was no need. they would just write EO's or pass a law like they did.

no need for the subterfuge, the first attempt to have it declared a National Park was in 1882 by then senator Benjamin Harrison, and when he became president he set aside land for the park( Grand Canyon Forest Reserve) and then Theodore Roosevelt went further in 1906 and took even more for a game preserve( Grand Canyon Game Preserve), then in 1908 he declared the whole canyon a national monument,

there was no need for bs.

edit on 11-5-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-5-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VenatiusFortunatus

Eqyptians in the Grand Canyon can be taken with the proverbial grain of salt. Same with Giants.

However, Vikings in North America are historical fact. Did they get to Oklahoma? Meh, that'd have to be a big ol' not likely...but given their propensity for wandering/sailing great distances...? One can't exactly say "couldn't have happened".

I can't help but think they may have known of the Great Lakes... How could they not, unless they had no communications at all with the Inuits, or other North American tribal peoples--and I find that unlikely.

And from the Great Lakes? The entirety of North America lies open to exploration and exploitation (by raiding and/or trading)...

So, Oklahoma? Not likely, but not impossible, either.

ETA: If you're thinking of the Oklahoma runestones as proof...no. Almost certainly they're of much, much later origin. Late 19th century, or therebouts.
edit on 5/11/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Strangely enough, by comparing the GC Egyptian story to Giants in America gives the GC story more creditability. In my opinion of course.

edit on 11-5-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Huh...

That hadn't occurred to me. Three or four berserkers goin', well, beserk would make a long lasting impression, wouldn't it??

berserker.

Someone like this would tend to leave a lasting impression...so that's an interesting notion. No way to prove it, of course...but it's enough to make one go hmmm...if nothing else.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Their might be something to it here is another report.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'll give it a looksee later this evening...

I've my doubts as to ancient Egypts technological ability to sail from the Nile Delta, across two oceans, Mediterranean and Atlantic, then cross an entire continent to the Grand Canyon...

But I'll look at it anyway. It'll kill an evening, if nothing else...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Still on going questions about the Grand Canyon.

https://sites.google.com/site/ancientegyptiansinamerica/ancient-egyptians-grand-canyon The Smithsonian Archaelogist think that that this unfinished Egyptian Pyramid in the Grand Canyon is a burial Tomb because there is a entrance Tunnel that is blocked a few feet inside the Pyramid.. But the National Park Sevrice will not allow the Archaeologist to excavate any of the Pyramids in the Grand Canyon.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It's very hard getting any sort of proof that something different than that the usual historical rhetoric was the case. But I came across this vid.which on the face of it seems to prove that the same tools were used in Egypt and America. When looking at the tool marks on mega structures, the conclusion has to be that their was some sort of high tech. going down, at least in the stone cutting area, this might also be the case with certain food crops developed in the early days of agriculture.

This guy makes some very good points which are hard to refute.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

But refuted they have been. Basically, This boils down to the theory amongst some people that my people could not have ever done this, because we are too stoopid. There's more plausible evidence for Japanese amongst the Zuni than any of this stuff.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is made up.

However, to prove I am not lazy I have searched the Smithsonian archive, and found naught.

While looking for other evidence, I did discover a website that asserts the Holy Grail was found in a Grand Canyon cave, so quite a lot of fantasy archaeology going on.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
well that maybe true to some extent, but for the U.S. Government go to the point of making up a story about finding a ancient Egyptian tomb filled with artifacts and mummies there was no need. they would just write EO's or pass a law like they did.
no need for the subterfuge, the first attempt to have it declared a National Park was in 1882 by then senator Benjamin Harrison, and when he became president he set aside land for the park( Grand Canyon Forest Reserve) and then Theodore Roosevelt went further in 1906 and took even more for a game preserve( Grand Canyon Game Preserve), then in 1908 he declared the whole canyon a national monument,

there was no need for bs.

These stories emanate from a variety of factors. The first being that newspapers of the day were loathe to let facts get in the way of a good story. You can't count on truth. Recall, too, that there was some acknowledgement out there of the First Nations preeminence upon the land, a fact that cluttered up the process of stealing it from them. So, if you could disrupt that inconvenience, they could be killed with impunity. So, you end up with Moundbuilders, who are said to pre-date the FN. You end up with Egyptians, which fact can also argue against any legal status for the FN.

There are also religious aspects to these claims. The FN aren't in the Bible, so stories of Old World connections are required to reconcile that little embarrassment. Giants contribute to the disenfranchisement as well because of their purported age, and their convenient Biblical context. The Mormons were also busy looking for a deep past that might bolster their shiny new religion. But the evidence is simply not there. Ever ask yourself why the giants never crossed the border into Canada? No newspaper accounts here. Were their papers not in order?

And while the government may or may not have partnered in these fallacies, they did serve the purpose of helping with 'opening up the west". And there was a little money to be made by the powerful, in that process.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Ever ask yourself why the giants never crossed the border into Canada? No newspaper accounts here.

being that i haven't done very much reading about Canada's history i can't really address this question to much, other than to say i know of one newspaper account and a couple of what canadians call the first nations about gaints a couple of tribes that were in both the U.S. and canada.

a newspaper account from the The Daily Telegraph (Toronto, Ontario), Wednesday, August 23, 1871, about a giant grave yard found in Cayuga, Ontario. but seeing how that's just across the boarder i guess they got lost.
can't find one from the The Daily Telegraph but here are relating stoires pick up in the U.S. that reference it.
from a newspaper in TN.

this one is about giants in Labrador

all came from here,
Sons of the Gods,LoneMan Pai-Giants mythology

as for giant legends from the FN's, the Algonquian, the Montagnais, the Mi'kmaq, the Ottawa, the Cree, just to name a few all have legends of giants.

so yes there are stories of giants in canada.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

They might have been Vikings, they were quite tall compared to the average European. They might have been mistaken for Giants. The Ice sheet was down quite a way, and would have compressed the human race down to certain latitudes.
The Viking were large because they drank cows milk and would have got the growth factor hormone from it, just like we are a foot taller than Asians who are lactose intolerant. This confuses the issue, but might be a factor.

edit on 12-5-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join