It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: British defense ministry will not rule out alien life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A letter obtained by The Financial Times, indicates that despite a lack of evidence, the British defense ministry refuses to preclude the possibility the extra-terrestrial life is visiting the Earth. The letter also indicated that the ministry was collecting the accounts of people who claimed to have seen such life in Britain. While the letter stated than very few stories were worthy of further investigation, the ministry was keeping an open minds about the possibilities

story.news.yahoo.com
LONDON (AFP) - Undaunted by the lack of evidence, officials at the British defense ministry are reportedly refusing to rule out the existence of alien life forms visiting Earth.

The Financial Times quoted from a hitherto confidential letter by an official acknowledging the ministry recorded accounts of people claiming to have seen alien life in Britain.

According to the letter, obtained under recent legislation on freedom of information, such reports are collected "solely to establish whether what was seen might have some defense significance."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its interesting to see what defense agencies do and thier behind the scenes activities. This sounds alot like several working groups that had been and may continue to track aliens on our planet. However, it also could be a nicely worded piece of disinformation as well. "Yes we look at the report, but we have no evidence" to hide a larger conspiracy.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Why is it that people and governments in other countries are more open minded about alien visitation than we are in America?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thumbs up for our friends across the pond. As for the US not being as open minded, well we are an ironic society. Plus our goverment probably just doesn't want to start a panic. Trust me a shock like that could cause all kinds of problems for the closed minded idiots in society.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I believe Americans are open minded. However I believe you can be arrested here for breaking US law if you ever have any contact with aliens. I believe I saw a law that made it illegal for any US citizen to have any contact with an exterrestrial alien. Our government is definitely planning ahead. I have been wondering why that law is already there. Perhaps the US government is afraid of alien conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I was reading these a couple of weeks ago, some interesting stuff.
For some reason there was no trace of the site I got them from or the documents themselves anywhere on my p.c.

Aftet searching for about 6 hours I found them again.

Here's a link to 7 files, most of them are about Rendlesham Forest (should be read by or American friends) .

www.foi.mod.uk...
I can't paste a direct link but do a search for "ufo" and you should get about 7 hits.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Most Americans are not supportive of the search for Alien life due to the fact it might ruin there perfect like of sex,eating,drugs and tv

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

British defense ministry will not rule out alien life

Yeah, I should hope not, considering the bastards have been studying some of it for over half a century. The M.O.D stating they wont rule out the possibilty of Alien life is a joke. They blaitently already know life exists elsewhere and so do their Yank counterparts, but still, i would rather their current position on the subject than the usual "No they dont exist, thats not possible" BS that we are all used too.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by MERC]

new topics

top topics

join