It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign for nursing station

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins
I'm afraid that this in no way tells me about classes. If this was posted in a hospital, I would think that they baby is pointing you to the closest nurses station.

The problem with posters without words is not who you will offend, but if you are clever enough to convey your true message.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins

It's very vague. I think a woman with a baby to her chest would likely be more informative. This baby looks like he is pointing the way to the nurses station. Or maybe he is saying "don't vax me bro"
edit on 9-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
What did they want the sign to convey? I can't even tell what that's supposed to represent, much less get offended by it. Were you trying to offend someone? Not sure what your topic is here....very little information to go with the pic.

I got 'if you don't want your kid anymore put it outside so it can hitchhike to a new family'.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I had to laugh at that one. I just didn't know as anybody else at the department how to make an non offensive sign. I knew that the people here on ATS that are so much more up on what's happening and always seem more creative would offer some help and suggestions. For me this is a site to learn and kick around ideas. I know that if anybody was offended by it would probably be university students and hoped to hear why this might not be appropriate. So far I think the sign would work if the tatttoo was a little bigger. The hitchiking comment was great though.

I was sitting on a bench waiting for a friend to finish trying on dresses at the store and a woman sat down next to me and started breast feeding. I just got up and gave them some space. Others walked by staring and some looked disgusted. So I thought maybe this sign would just convey a safe place where they could be alone with their babbies and not have to listen to people complain or get rude statements from other students. reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins
I had to show a place where woman could breast feed without it being offensive or the lettering all in English. I figured a "no bottle" tattoo would be appropriate with a big thumbs up. I don't know if they used it or not but I think you can see the dilemma. a reply to: tigertatzen

Ah OK...sorry, but I could not identify what was in the tattoo. No, I wouldn't see why that would offend anyone. But would women not be allowed to bottle feed then? That seems a bit strange, to allow one and not the other.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: tigertatzen
What did they want the sign to convey? I can't even tell what that's supposed to represent, much less get offended by it. Were you trying to offend someone? Not sure what your topic is here....very little information to go with the pic.

I got 'if you don't want your kid anymore put it outside so it can hitchhike to a new family'.

Lol!!! I thought it was a cell phone at first, then maybe an electrical outlet...which was too weird.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join