It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Smartphones and SIM Cards - Stop The Government From Spying On You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I ordered my SIM card about 2 weeks ago. Just got it and it freaking works!

Came here to share with the conspiracy crowd like myself.

I've been trying to get my hands on something like this for a long time. I'm super excited right now. Feeling like a top secret agent with nobody to call.

click here to check it out

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

doenst adding your delivery details to their mailing list defeat the object? just popping into a corner store to buy a burner is safer

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Smells like the work of an intel agency. (Honeypot)

I'm good, thanks.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Man, the rates are great too
$1.00 a day unlimited everything

From article..

Unlimited Everything With CryptoPhone you have unlimited access to everything and you never have to worry about us slowing down your data usage. Unlimited Domestic Talk Unlimited Domestic Text Unlimited International Talk Unlimited International Text Unlimited Data (4G LTE) The best thing about CryptoPhone is that we don’t have millions of users, which means that we don’t have to slow down your data rates to turn a profit. Our niche community of users enjoy knowing that they will never experience a lag in their data usage. No Contracts – Pay As You Wish The best thing about using CryptoPhone is that you can choose your own payment terms. Our current rate is $1.00 (one dollar) per 24 hours of service and you can pay for one day at a time. This means that you never pay for service that you don’t need. If you only need to use your phone for 3 days just add $3.00 worth of Bitcoin to your account and you’ll receive 72 hours of service. If you need more, simply add the desired amount, and enjoy service on your terms. No Hidden Fees No Roaming Charges No Overage Charges

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This just reeks of a scam. Did you bother to read their private policy?

INFORMATION WE COLLECT Our Websites typically collect two (2) kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us. Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Websites. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Websites. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, e-mail address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Websites, using our online store or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey, poll or joining a club; or (c) post a product rating and recommendation on our Websites. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer or gain access to certain content on our Websites.

They even state they might share the information collected.

In certain instances we may also share your personally identifiable information with our third-party vendors performing functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our affiliated companies) – e.g., vendors that process credit card orders, deliver our merchandise, administer our promotions, provide us marketing or promotional assistance, analyze our data, assist us with customer service, etc

So much for being 100% anonymous. You're browsing habits and IP location will give up a lot of information about you alone. You're still pinging the major cell carriers towers after all.
My other major concern would be that fact there isn't any special encryption being used. Calls can still easily be intercepted with something like Stingray for example.

Burner phone from the corner store is a much better way to go.

Edited to add, even with your GPS disabled, it is still possible to locate your phone through triangulation off cell tower pings. And you know how those handy smart phones like to connect to open wifi near by? Ding, You just left another trace.

Stick with a low tech burner and pay with cash.

edit on 8-5-2017 by ProjectedLogic because: more info

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sounds like a perfect plot for a "Black Mirror" episode.

If it is one thing that I think the media has been honest about, it is that there is no hiding while in the Matrix.

It is harder to be found inside a mass network, than off grid and off the net. One dark house among a group of brightly lit ones, stands out like a sore thumb.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProjectedLogic

This just reeks of a scam. Did you bother to read their private policy?

INFORMATION WE COLLECT Our Websites typically collect two (2) kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us. Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Websites. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Websites. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, e-mail address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Websites, using our online store or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey, poll or joining a club; or (c) post a product rating and recommendation on our Websites. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer or gain access to certain content on our Websites.

They even state they might share the information collected.

In certain instances we may also share your personally identifiable information with our third-party vendors performing functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our affiliated companies) – e.g., vendors that process credit card orders, deliver our merchandise, administer our promotions, provide us marketing or promotional assistance, analyze our data, assist us with customer service, etc

So much for being 100% anonymous. You're browsing habits and IP location will give up a lot of information about you alone. You're still pinging the major cell carriers towers after all.
My other major concern would be that fact there isn't any special encryption being used. Calls can still easily be intercepted with something like Stingray for example.

Burner phone from the corner store is a much better way to go.

Edited to add, even with your GPS disabled, it is still possible to locate your phone through triangulation off cell tower pings. And you know how those handy smart phones like to connect to open wifi near by? Ding, You just left another trace.

Stick with a low tech burner and pay with cash.

Did you bother to read them, or just copy and paste?
The T&C's pertain to the website

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You do realize this site is monitored by the government right? It's no different than any other social website, everything runs through filters, it's not like this place is new or off radar.
I'm all for privacy, but you pretty much announced who, where, what , and how your mobile life can be tracked really easily.
Maybe should've posted in RATS.

edit on 582017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: suicideeddie

doenst adding your delivery details to their mailing list defeat the object? just popping into a corner store to buy a burner is safer

I didn't use a personal address. Corner store has cameras. Also the only information they asked for was where to deliver it. I was surprised it came to be completely honest.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I find that I have more anonymity using a burner phone purchase with cash from Walmart. 90 days service for 20 bucks. I pretended that I didn't know how to activate it and the attendant did it for me, so no ties to any number or email account. That's Tradecraft my brother.

Any internet account leaves a foot print that can easily be traced. You did say you ordered it, so your shippping address is tied to the chip.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

That was my point, they have 100% anonymous all over their website, which isn't true. They collect data from the moment you hit their site.
You also didn't bother to address the other points I made about it not actually being anonymous.

edit on 9-5-2017 by ProjectedLogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I find that I have more anonymity using a burner phone purchase with cash from Walmart. 90 days service for 20 bucks. I pretended that I didn't know how to activate it and the attendant did it for me, so no ties to any number or email account. That's Tradecraft my brother.

Any internet account leaves a foot print that can easily be traced. You did say you ordered it, so your shippping address is tied to the chip.

The shipping address wasn't my address and according to their site they delete it after shipping. I don't want my face on a store camera, which definitely defeats the point of anonymity.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I don't speak for them. All I know is that no real name was required, I didn't use my own address, and the SIM card works. None of my personal information is connected to the phone at all. I also deleted my account after I received the card.

I got what I paid for without being on camera doing it which is what's important to me.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's also doubtful they could even follow through with the no logging calls and texts. If this is a US service, and they claim Nationwide coverage they'd have to be a reseller if one of the big 4, ATT,Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile. All keep at a minimum, incoming outgoing logs of voice and text connections (not content, that would be NSA). Someone wanting those logs could easily subpoena the main network operator and get them. There are still a couple if regional network operators but they still do the same. It reeks more of scam than an actual service.

top topics

join