It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any thoughts about the meaning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm a big dreamer; at one point, it interfered with my health (or vise versa). But I have come to realize and accept that I either dream a lot or remember a lot of my dreams.

Anyway, for years, I have dreamed about Asian people. At least once or twice a week, I would awaken with a fuzzy head and memories of an extremely long dream. In those dreams, I tended to be surrounded by Asian symbols, culture, and or people. There was nothing very specific regarding nationality but I just thought it was strange to have that imagery in my psyche.

Two nights ago, I had a very vivid dream that has stayed with me. In it, I was visiting an Asian family...not sure whose family...and they invited me to dine with them. I sat down at a long, wooden table, and started eating, family style. They asked me what tribe I was from. It appeared that I had no idea what they were talking about and told them "yours." The older lady at the head of the table got up and went into another room, when she returned, she was carrying a scroll like paper.

The lady, who was small and very old, suddenly changed into a somewhat younger, much larger, gray haired lady. Her clothing changed from a long dress to a weird, sack-like, halter dress. She unrolled the scroll and began telling me that my DNA test had shown that I was a member of the Pascua? tribe.

It felt familiar and I was excited to find out that I belonged to this tribe. If I had to take a guess, the lady- then, everyone else in the room- were Polynesian in appearance. The lady had wild, full gray hair and was tall and thickly built. The others, from what I remember...I don't want to add details out of imagination...had curly, thick hair that they wore in an almost Afro style.

The scroll contained not only my genetic heritage but names of my forefathers. I don't remember any other words than the Pascua..,spelled phonetically...or something similar.

Any ideas on why I dream of Asian culture and now kind of Polynesian? I have no Asian friends, nor have any real interest in the culture outside of normal. I don't watch anything on tv or read anything that would be prominent on my mind at night. Just a weird quirk that I really have no where else to share since I keep stuff like this to myself.

Thanks!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Malraux

Well its because you might of watched Moana recently. The Disney film.

Sometimes when I watch Moana I end up dreaming about it. Like when I watch little Mermade I dream of fishing.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's amazing how what you watch can affect your dreams, or even sounds from outside. Maybe there was a DNA test advert on TV? Dreams are also a side effect of your neural networks reorganizing themselves as they process new information.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The origin of the name "Pascua" is from the Spanish for "Easter" in recognition of the Easter Island range of the type specimen.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
No Moana or anything. Possibly saw a DNA testing advertisement but it's just the frequency of "Asian" dreams! ha For years and multiple dreams weekly. I was just curious if anyone else might have recurrent ethnic groups- dreams are different.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Malraux

Perhaps dreaming of a previous life?

I googled Pascua and it references a type of fish native to the Easter Island area. Perhaps that's the peoples you saw in the dream? A Polynesian appearance would seem to fit in with the peoples who lived there long ago.

edit on 5/6/2017 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Something sounds a little fishy about that dream. Pascua is a genus of gobies native to the Pacific Ocean. en.wikipedia.org...

Were you eating little tiny fish at dinner in your dream?

Do any of your relatives know some Asians pretty well?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wow...wasn't even sure it was a real word. That's interesting. What ethnic group are the native people of Easter Island?

Although I don't conciously remember, perhaps I heard that or saw it before. Still cool, though.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Just looked at that Wikipedia entry...I belong to a fish tribe! Now that would be very interesting!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I absolutely despise fish! And no, no Asians anywhere in my social circle or family or friends'. There's no continuity and I'm unable to pinpoint which Asian population pops up in my dreams...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malraux
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wow...wasn't even sure it was a real word. That's interesting. What ethnic group are the native people of Easter Island?

Although I don't conciously remember, perhaps I heard that or saw it before. Still cool, though.

PEOPLE of Easter Island were called Rapa Nui.

The Rapa Nui are believed to have settled Easter Island between 300 and 1200 CE. Previously, the date of arrival was estimated to be around 700–800 CE, but more-recent evidence from radiocarbon dating supports an arrival date as late as 1200 CE.

The Rapa Nui People have been found to be of Polynesian origin through genetic analysis of mitochondrial DNA of pre-historic skeletons. Genetic analysis performed by Erik Thorsby and other geneticists in 2007 revealed genetic markers of European and Amerindian origin that suggest that the Rapa Nui had European and Amerindian contributions to their DNA during or before the early 1800s.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-5-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

join