It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas’s Immigration Bill Allows for Jailing of Police Who Disobey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I really don't see this going anywhere and will be throw out by the courts.

You can't penalize local/state law enforcement for not enforcing laws they have no power to enforce.

Telling them to hold people for the federal government is one thing but for how long without a charge or sentence ? If the feds are not picking them up in a timely fashion then the feds need to start paying up.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Now republicans are trying to force the police force to become their SS. What if the police don't want to?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Then they get punished, did you not read any of the links?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

Well, its happening, bill signed and ready to go.

This is good.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

No. Laws like this will just be linking us toward a bad place. Have a ball in the new USA. Think I'm about done and will bunker down and test the air in 3.5 years.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You just make my day with that post.

Texas is doing the right thing, we have laws and they need to be enforced.

Nothing different nothing new.

America is been run over by south of the border gangs and they don't care one rat arse who they take on the path to power and control.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

No, they are forcing police to abide by existing laws and to keep the Americans safe when they go after criminals rather than allowing them to get off and keep their reign of terror on other citizens.

Is nothing nefarious or evil in Texas, just enforcing the law.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I did some reading on the one city labeled a sanctuary in Texas, Austin. Ha,ha the police are going to be busy in Texas trying to profile and sort Mexicans.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There is a simple solution to these problems .1 Stop killing each other 2 stop hating each other
3 stop hording Your not so special you deserve a million cash any more then they are .
Stop making the city's of the world into cesspools .
Teach our children What we have forgotten BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR actions .
That INCLUDES supporting killing that includes supporting waste of resources .
Illegals exactly what does that meen anyway ? some imagery line that is only in our minds ?
If the place they live is as good as the place you live they no longer will have a need to be here .
Start cleaning Up OUR ( the human race ) mess Or lets just kill each other off untill two are left and Cain kills Able
You say BUT I cant Well if every one just picks up even one pice of trash a day the world would be a cleaner place in a week .
If every one just pitched in and rebuilt one city a year in 20 all citys would be livable its not Them vs Us its- Us vs Us and its our planet everyone's . Or will we can have the privilege of being the very first species to cause its own extinction .
Honstly seeing our attitudes its amazing the human race has made it this far .Being the hypocrite I am I do feel as you do But maybe some how I can over come that and make Human meen to CARE once more.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
I really don't see this going anywhere and will be throw out by the courts.

You can't penalize local/state law enforcement for not enforcing laws they have no power to enforce.

Telling them to hold people for the federal government is one thing but for how long without a charge or sentence ? If the feds are not picking them up in a timely fashion then the feds need to start paying up.

Actually the state law is valid and I see it being upheld. What the law does is require that local / state authorities (law enforcement / civilian leadership) to comply with established laws. An ICE detainer is a valid request to hold a person. Sanctuary cities / law enforcement are ignoring ice detainers and releasing illegals, some with violent criminal histories / convictions, without acknowledging the detainers nor notifying ICE.

A detainer is no different than a person who has an outstanding warrant from another jurisdiction. Whenever a person is released from jail / prison their info is run through to various systems to check for wants / warrants from other agencies, including federal. If a hit is received the person is detained on those wants and the agency who entered them are notified.

Ignoring wants from other agencies is technically illegal as any want issued by the court (warrant) commands any law enforcement officer to take the person into custody.

Jails / Sherri's / Police Chiefs who maintain their own jail facilities / civilian leadership is being put on notice that they can no longer ignore those wants and that doing so can result in removal from office and a fine under Texas Law.

It is not the Federal government forcing state / local government to do the job of federal agencies. That is the BS lie the left is using to justify ignoring valid legal wants by a federal law enforcement agency simply because they dont like the fact Trump won and Clinton lost.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join