It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So a prince retires-who the hell cares?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nature favors diversity. The royal family reminds me of a cat or dog breeder that has to add DNA from an outsider occasionally to avoid birth defects.

Ah well. Enjoy their expensive little show, I cannot see the monarchy surviving much longer in its present form.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

There is a case to be made for constitutional monarchies. Denmark, Norway, Sweden, the UK—even the Islamic countries such as Kuwait, Jordan, Malaysia...the UK—are better off than their counterparts without monarchies. Monarchies are still relevant because they are better.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Prince Philip deserves more respect and credit than you give him. Nothing was handed to him on a silver platter -- exactly the opposite. More like the silver spoon was ripped from his mouth as a babe... and he worked hard and achieved much on his own merit.

Prince Philip is also a combat veteran of World War II who served with honor and distinction. His "microsecond" of service for Australia included a four-month stint --

...on the battleship HMS Ramillies, protecting convoys of the Australian Expeditionary Force in the Indian Ocean...

-- Seems to me that the Australians appreciated that service.

Among other engagements, Philip was involved in the Battle of Crete, and was mentioned in despatches for his service during the Battle of Cape Matapan, in which he controlled the battleship's searchlights. He was also awarded the Greek War Cross of Valour.

And --

During the invasion of Sicily, in July 1943, as second in command of HMS Wallace, he saved his ship from a night bomber attack. He devised a plan to launch a raft with smoke floats that successfully distracted the bombers allowing the ship to slip away unnoticed.

He and the Queen are also the longest reigning monarch and consort in British history -- they will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary this year. That's quite an accomplishment in and of itself! And during that time, he has supported, promoted and served both the Queen and the people.
Source

I wish him well and hope he enjoys his retirement.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your last paragraph made me smile, ya thats one thing the old hag was good for.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisaliewhat is considered a redundant monarchy.

Monarchy relevance.

The Crown although not in outright charge of the nation does retain some power. And this is a good idea as the Parliament is not governed directly by Divine influence. However, the Royal family is governed by Divine influence as faithful members of the Church. Therefore in my opinion allowing God to influence the government.

The Pope used to have the power to depose kings. If you ask me a religious authority should have the power to depose kings even now.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I didn't know just how much power Queen Elizabeth retains. She can declare war. Legally.

www.quora.com... nsent

"Declaring war is within the set of powers known as the Royal Prerogative, and Elizabeth II can not only declare war on behalf of the UK, but several other nations too."

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
He is what? About 85 years old? About time lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join