It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incitement, and other nonsense.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I know many a people who incite stupidity, mainly my coworkers.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Mirror neurons prove this faulty though. Only in Autism and psychopathy is one free of influence.
Our emotional states and actions are not all as consciously chosen as we would like to believe. This is why Edward Bernays propaganda methods continue to rule the nation - because we are influenced, and so attached to believing we're not. Claiming "I chose to do this of my own free will, with no outside influence" we make it easier for those who want to manipulate.

I don't think so. They are our neurons, a part of us, and not an outside influence. Autism and psychopathy may lead to less consideration of others, less consideration of many things, but there is only one being engaging in that consideration, or lack thereof.

Consciously chosen or not, our emotional states are the result of only one body, one being. They do not start from somewhere outside the skin.

We either accept propaganda as true or we do not. We act out what we've accepted from the propaganda or we do not. These choices are made by only one being. If you were to see Nazi propaganda today, would you be influenced by it? Why or why not? If it could influence an entire country to commit atrocity, surely it can have the same influence today.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join