It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good old Kiwi ingenuity.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
69yr old Kiwi bloke uses neighbours 8000volt electric fence to correct his irregular heart beat after getting sick of waiting for treatment at his local hospital.

Good old Kiwis invented number 8 wire, speedboats, bungy jumping and now a home defibrillator.

Sorry can't work out how to provide a link but it was in the NZ Herald today and also posted in the uk daily mail. If someone could help me out by posting the article I would be very great full.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Awesome thank you Sublimecraft.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wow, an electric fence. Why not just hold the sparkplug on the lawnmower instead. Any gas engine with plugs will work, cars have plugs.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Volts vs amps is a possible reason. I dunno.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Heart irregular and weak, low potassium. Heart irregular and strong, too much potassium. Overall weak body and too slow heartbeat, possibly low sodium.

I am parrotting what I was told by an ER doctor here, of course, I checked out if it was true and it was.
edit on 29-4-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Socialized medicine in kiwi land? It would explain do it yourself medical treatment!!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

That reply is just so stupid it defies logic.

This is not about your US crazy health care non-system. It is about jump starting your heart.

Our healthcare is free.

P

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The kiwis also invented the eggbeater and the referees whistle, and helped Bondy cheat in Australia winning the Americas Cup way-back-when (wink)

Also, they supply the planet with nightclub bouncers, these are the facts.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You forgot the most obvious one.

Scaffys.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Bahahahaha

The good ole Gallagher electric fence unit was repurposed huh. Those things give out a nasty bite though - growing up on a dairy farm I have had more than my fair share of shocks from them

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Bahahahaha

The good ole Gallagher electric fence unit was repurposed huh. Those things give out a nasty bite though - growing up on a dairy farm I have had more than my fair share of shocks from them

One night a group of boys decided to pee on an electric fence... needless to say they all got a rather painful surprise.. Boys are so stupid sometimes.. Nope I did not participate and by the screams I was glad I didn't !

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
www.no8rewired.kiwi...

Check out this site for more amazing Kiwi inventions, like splitting the atom, disposible syringes., first flying machine. , plus many more.

We even invented the electric fence which this guy jump started his heart with.

We may not have wings but we have brains.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yes I had a friend who was very drunk at an outdoor festival he woke from his drunken stupor while peeing on an electric fence about a kilometer from the party.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: WUNK22

That reply is just so stupid it defies logic.

This is not about your US crazy health care non-system. It is about jump starting your heart.

Our healthcare is free.

P

Lol!!!

"grab the fence, it'll work I swear!"

"just call 911 will ya!?"

Good on him to figure it out, tho!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yeah I know mate. I got tangled up in one with a whipper snipper once on a dairy farm. Shut me and the machine down real quick.

Foggy cold morning. Found it testing to light up a fag after that.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster

Good old Kiwis invented number 8 wire, speedboats, bungy jumping and now a home defibrillator.

Actually, bungee jumping was created by the Pentecost island people (pre World War II), A.J Hackett (a newzealander) was just the one to commercialize it in 1989.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Yes good point but I think their bungy cord was not of the elastic kind.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
socialized healthcare at work......

love how people go "woo free healthcare" but than come to another country for treatment cause wait times..

teehee

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

That's only the wealthy who can go to another country for treatment. The Rast of us wait and probably end up on sickness benefit while waiting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join