It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The two Koreas - Education thread

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

2nd infantry can hold the troops until the rest of the army shows up my ONLY worry is artillery and indirect fire all else WE have.
If a war breaks out it will be WAY faster than Desert Storm.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

2nd infantry can hold the troops until the rest of the army shows up my ONLY worry is artillery and indirect fire all else WE have.
If a war breaks out it will be WAY faster than Desert Storm.

Unending mountain ranges. NOT desert. The first Korean war was a bitch. A lot of good men will die.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: markosity1973

I have noticed in many a thread about the rising tensions about North Korea that most people have absolutely no idea what North Korea is really about, what South Korea wants and how the USA fits into all of this.

Korea was divided after WWII by the west so they could maintain a military presence on the Asian continent.

The southern portion of the Korean peninsula is occupied by the US military to this day. Recently installed THAAD missile launchers and a Carrier "Strike" group have also increased tensions in the region. US Bully antics, throwing its superpower weight against hapless sovereign nations, as usual.

Really?? We had no shortage of troops in the Asian region, Philippines, Japan, The Marshall Islands.

So did the U.S. offer half the Korean nation to the Soviets just to maintain of few more men in SK?? Sorry, not even close.
edit on 29-4-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I was IN KOREA as an air assault scout.
MOUNTAINS can't hide 1950s era battle formations of 1960 equipment too well.
indirect fire has already been plotted we have had 50 YEARS to study the target.
Kim thinks TUNNELS will save him ...they won't
NOT to mention ...lining up your artillery on a beach in a STRAIGHT LINE to SCARE OUR NAVY is an invitation to become an A-10s dinner that day for a "BEACH OF DEATH"

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Then you should know better. There is no frigging way tunnels, mountains and dedicated guerrillas will be 'easy' or faster than Desert Storm. How 'easy' was or is Afghanistan? We surely have that GPS'd.

They will hide in the civilian population, intimidate with violence, park at hospitals and schools. We've seen this before and it works. Boots on the ground room by room. A SNAFU just waiting to happen.

I'm NOT saying we shouldn't do it. I AM saying it won't be easy.period.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

HAVE you seen WHAT is up north?
When shooting starts THERE ARE no civilians to hide behind THEY are locked up or in the military as conscripts ,only infants and invalids won't be forced to fight.
AND militarily YOU haven't been paying attention.
Helicopters can shoot down jet fighters,easily.
NO AIR FORCE will make it up at all ,OLD ADA capability and their ENTIRE leadership was trained by Russia and China.
Please.

edit on 29-4-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Hope your right. Some REMF/politician will screw this up. When hasn't it happened?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

If we move ,the scum will SLAUGHTER the south with artillery and ,at a guess an underground nuke to gain immediate advantage.
If we WAIT ,so he can develop better ICBM tech ,it would then be a major problem ,Kim didn't get Bill Clinton top sell it to him and China isn't CRAZY enough to.
edit on 29-4-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Makes sense.

I hold a slim hope that China decides to handle this. A couple or three reasons, first China's Status would soar, internationally, second, Trump has offered some form of advantageous trade potential to China for their help(?). Lastly, and most importantly, if China 'handles' this, they get to choose the replacement regime. One that would continue as a puppet to China.

If the U.S. does this, China will not like the replacement, likely a reunification under the current south system.

I know, I know, a wishful scenario. Nothing to lose wishing, is there??

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
April 29, 2017

North Korea is a literal hell-hole, where the citizens are treated horribly! For example, if a government official enters your home for a random "inspection", and finds too much dust on the portrait/photo of Kim Jong, you will go to prison.

This article makes you feel so bad for the North Korean people, and so angry at Kim Jong and his minions.

Former NK Prison Guard Speaks: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

China AND Russia are manning their borders.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

We already fought a Korean war. There's no need to get the second one started. Not to mention the issue of refugee's. South Korea would have to be the ones to do it because China would undoubtedly get a little upset with American forces creeping towards their southwestern boarder.

If North Korea was going to start a war they will launch a full scale attack into South Korea. So if we start a war with the North, South Korea gets devastated on account of the US. If South Korea, our ally, gets devastated let it be 100% the fault of North Korea.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That's the other aspect of this situation too, North Korea can only sustain a war for so long. Their supply chains would dry up quickly. It would be really nasty though as they'd fire everything they got at Seoul. North Korea does have short range rockets.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I have noticed in many a thread about the rising tensions about North Korea that most people have absolutely no idea what North Korea is really about, what South Korea wants and how the USA fits into all of this.

Korea was divided after WWII by the west so they could maintain a military presence on the Asian continent.

The southern portion of the Korean peninsula is occupied by the US military to this day. Recently installed THAAD missile launchers and a Carrier "Strike" group have also increased tensions in the region. US Bully antics, throwing its superpower weight against hapless sovereign nations, as usual.

Oh this is some comedy right here. American bully tactics. How many missiles has NK launched during Obama? Fired some over Japan. No, Korea deserves some attention at last.

Then I looked at your avatar and saw the most comedic, scolding, scowl of all. Lol,

Frowning, hands on hip, finger wagging...

Korea Tests some defensive missiles which US uses as a pretext to send an entire death star armada all the way over to its shore. The threat posturing is on the part of the US, towards China, the whole if_and_but and why we are (Asian Pivoting) militarily, again, all the way across the Pacific Ocean to Asia.

Nice try though.

Korea is but a stepping stone in the endless war campaign to dominate the whole world , auntie. You build that false flag war up all the way to China, if it it suits you.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Really?? We had no shortage of troops in the Asian region, Philippines, Japan, The Marshall Islands.

So did the U.S. offer half the Korean nation to the Soviets just to maintain of few more men in SK?? Sorry, not even close.

Pulls diesel horn: Honk, Honnnk! As a matter of fact...

Jump to End of World War II - The division of Korea between North and South Korea was the result of the Allied victory in World War II in 1945, ending the Empire of Japan's 35-year rule of Korea. The United States and the Soviet Union occupied the country, with the boundary between their zones of control along the 38th parallel.

The part they left out of western "Education" about the history of Korea.

Do some homework...
edit on 1-5-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Pulls diesel horn: Honk, Honnnk! As a matter of fact...

Jump to End of World War II - The division of Korea between North and South Korea was the result of the Allied victory in World War II in 1945, ending the Empire of Japan's 35-year rule of Korea. The United States and the Soviet Union occupied the country, with the boundary between their zones of control along the 38th parallel.

The part they left out of western "Education" about the history of Korea.

Do some homework...

LMAO, homework?? Try thinking instead of some 'link debate'. Unless you can come up with something better, to wit your comment about U.S. troops in Asia, when in fact we had numerous troops in 'Asia' at the time, I will repeat-due to slick avoidance of the points made- there was no reason to split Korea into two nations. Fact. Your explanation is bogus and avoided on your part.

Frankly, in this, you disappoint.
edit on 1-5-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

LOOK AT their ADA capability.
Once we own the sky it's over,1950s tactics with 1980s equipment will be a slaughter when we make contact.
JUST ask the Iraqi Republican Guard.
A-10s will have their share too.
I doubt the US will take the ground game,I think China will take that to save face ,in order to accommodate a united Korea,it's good business and they're ONLY soldiers after all THEY have PLENTY of bodies they can throw at this,and America will keep the costs down with AIR.

edit on 1-5-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

there was no reason to split Korea into two nations

I agree. But I'm not the One World Order rep. Ask them they have all kind$ of rea$on$ to divide and conquer.

So... whats the disagreement, again?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

We already fought a Korean war. There's no need to get the second one started. Not to mention the issue of refugee's. South Korea would have to be the ones to do it because China would undoubtedly get a little upset with American forces creeping towards their southwestern boarder.

If North Korea was going to start a war they will launch a full scale attack into South Korea. So if we start a war with the North, South Korea gets devastated on account of the US. If South Korea, our ally, gets devastated let it be 100% the fault of North Korea.

Yes we did. So did China. China suffered around one million casualties. A serious bloody nose in anyone's book.

No need for a second one? Well, first off, I don't know about you, but my family and I live on the west coast. I have no desire to see that psychotic 'leader' finish his ICBM development and be able to hit the west of the U.S.. He needs to go.

Ideally, via an internal coup. Next, by China rather than us. There are a few indications that China's position has shifted on beloved leader. That would be largely due to every possible non-violent means has been tried with that nation. Money, food and even nuclear development. Nothing has worked. Trump changes the equation for the Chinese. They have to stop their support of NK. Simple.

It is my hope that China and the U.S. develop a relationship and move away from an adversarial stance. NK is potentially the start to that accord.

Yes there is a need for another Korean war.....if nothing else works.

He needs to go. Period.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join