It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ex Defence Minister of Canada tells about Aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

He's also previously discussed official reports he saw from the Canadian embassy in the U.S. which stated that "the subject matter is real, and more classified than the atomic bomb/Manhattan Project".

You mean the Project Magnet Memo?

This was declassified in 1979. It is a memo by Wilbert Smith, Senior Radio Engineer at the Canadian Dept. of Transport, and discusses Geo_Magnetics. It also has commentary by Smith

We believe that we are on the track of something which may well prove to be the introduction to a new technology. The existence of a different technology is borne out by the investigations which are being carried on at the present time in relation to flying saucers.

While in Washington attending the NARB Conference, two books were released one titled "Behind the Flying Saucer" by Frank Scully, and the other "The Flying Saucers are Real" by Donald Keyhoe. Both books dealt mostly with the sightings of unidentified objects and both books claim that flying objects were of extra-terrestrial origin and might well be space ships from another planet. Scully claimed that the preliminary studies of one saucer which fell into the hands of the United States Government indicated that they operated on some hitherto unknown magnetic pinciples. It appeared to me that our own work in geo-magnetics might well be the linkage between our technology and the technology by which the saucers are designed and operated. If it is assumed that our geo-magnetic investigations are in the right direction, the theory of operation of the saucers becomes quite straightforward, with all observed features explained qualitatively and quantitatively.

I made discreet enquiries through the Canadian Embassy staff in Washington who were able to obtain for me the following information:

a. The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher even than the H-bomb.

b. Flying saucers exist.

c. Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Doctor Vannevar Bush.

d. The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance.

That's the exciting bit.

It wasn’t an official government study. It was simply a report by one man about a conference he attended

So what we actually have here is Wilbert Smith expressing his beliefs based on what others told him back in 1950.

This is exactly what Paul Hellyer has been doing in latter years. Expressing his beliefs based on what other people have told him. So whether he is credible or not does not matter. The hard cold truth is that he has no proof of anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So pretty much exactly what advanced nations here on Earth do to less advanced nations?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
So whether he is credible or not does not matter.

Which is why I find it a bit silly that debunkers have spent all these decades requesting an appeal-to-authority logical fallacy. Like I said, "although his testimony alone doesn't "prove an alien presence on earth is real", it does prove that the oldest and most tired ad hominem commonly used for the last 70 years is simply false. It's not just backwoods country hicks making such claims.".

His testimony alone "doesn't matter" when it comes to proving UFO/Alien existence, but it does hold value in the sense that it shines a bright spotlight on the absurdity of debunkers requesting an appeal-to-authority logical fallacy for so long.
edit on 4/29/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Wouldn't it be crazy if there were two competing types of aliens, one wanting to unite the world so we can join the rest of the universe, and the other wanting to keep all the nations separate so we continue squabbling with each other over what piece of dirt we're standing on, allowing them to continue exploiting us.

Exploiting us for what?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
Never understood this weird appeal to authority among UFO believers.

Did this guy with "perfect credentials" provide any verifiable information?

Good question, and no, he didn't.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You people are a tough crowd. Demanding absolute evidence before you even open your mind to consider what the message is.

The cabal? evidence evidence evidence ... if evidence is not produced then the message is 180 degrees from truth.

Aliens? evidence evidence evidence

I thought that a lot of his points were very well presented. I certainly considered the video worthwhile. A completely different feeling than watching the majority of our politician speak, which most of the time they back their view points up with 'facts' and 'evidence', and I still buy under 1% of what they are trying to sell me.

Our currently economy is a ponzi scheme? Why is that so hard to believe.

There are groups with our government that runs the real show? bill clintons quote during an interview about aliens: 'Sarah, there is a government within the government and i don't control it'.

I guess I will just have to wait for CNN or FOX to tell me what to believe. Thank goodness for those trustworthy sites of purity.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There are a lot of people on ATS who like to shoot these people down wether they are right or wrong, but do you really think human beings are at the top of the pyramid?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: anonentity

Thought I recalled this.

Actually videoed back in March 2015, as per the credits.

Over 3 years ago.

are you a time traveller? it's 2017. that makes it almost exactly two years ago. I'm not knocking it if you are...I just want to go with you on your journeys. I've had enough of here and now.

nevertheless, this guy was novel when he first started "revealing" stuff, but as with all the others, it's been years and years of repeats. yawn. WHERE DA ALIENS AT?!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hellyer has stated in the past that many alien species exist and that they've been visiting earth for over a thousand years. Now how would this guy know this to be true? Ah yes...this explains everything:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I don't know the truth of the matter, but it's fun putting it on the anvil, and seeing what stands up after a good bashing.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I dunno... hard to tell but if there where a pool of people who were at least close to the truth of the matter, I'd think the minister of defense of Canada might be, at least, peripheral.

Maybe certain security oaths prevent him from being specific or something, but to just label him "crazy" or credulous seems a little knee-jerk... is anyone certain they know all there is to know about this planet and space in general?

It's not like there isn't a mountain of decent info about aircraft and beings of unknown origin.

That said, I lean towards "nah" with most of the stuff he claims. He might just be a civilian with questions, now, like the rest of us, reading the same crap (or not) we do... or part of a dis-info effort... who knows.

But being certain is just as silly as taking him at his word. It's likely he was privy to some classified stuff... that likely has to remain classified.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Dudes promoting a book he wrote as near as I can tell.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: anonentity

Thought I recalled this.

Actually videoed back in March 2015, as per the credits.

Over 3 years ago.

are you a time traveller? it's 2017. that makes it almost exactly two years ago. I'm not knocking it if you are...I just want to go with you on your journeys. I've had enough of here and now.

nevertheless, this guy was novel when he first started "revealing" stuff, but as with all the others, it's been years and years of repeats. yawn. WHERE DA ALIENS AT?!

That's the problem with alcomathol.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Wouldn't it be crazy if there were two competing types of aliens, one wanting to unite the world so we can join the rest of the universe, and the other wanting to keep all the nations separate so we continue squabbling with each other over what piece of dirt we're standing on, allowing them to continue exploiting us.

Almost like the two 'Gods' of Genesis.
One creates the World and puts life and humankind on it.
The other coerces the tribes to follow only him and wage war on the non-followers...take their lands etc.

A tenuous link, I know.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

There are a lot of people on ATS who like to shoot these people down wether they are right or wrong, but do you really think human beings are at the top of the pyramid?

On this planet yes , in the Galaxy almost certainly not.
The question isn't if they exist but have any of them visited here and sadly there is no real evidence that they have , doesn't mean they won't turn up tomorrow though.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: game over man

On this planet yes , in the Galaxy almost certainly not.
The question isn't if they exist but have any of them visited here and sadly there is no real evidence that they have , doesn't mean they won't turn up tomorrow though.

Hundreds of thousands of people here have seen evidence they have come here, including myself and a few of my relatives, so I know for a fact that he isn't wrong. Only those who haven't seen evidence first hand themselves are the most vocal against it actually being true.. Perhaps you are one of the lucky ones not to have seen anything. Giant squid stories used to be ridiculed as myth and ridiculous folklore.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Hundreds of thousands of people here have seen evidence they have come here

Where is all this evidence?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Read some thousands of books of witness reports. Oh, they must all be liars and scammers..

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: D8Tee

Read some thousands of books of witness reports. Oh, they must all be liars and scammers..

I'm not saying that is the case in all instances.

Just looking for the evidence is that ok?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join