It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fyre Festival turned out to be a massive scam and the visitors are now trapped on the island

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

Excellent post.

Question what happens when the act wants a million dollars but they arent worth the cost.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Sounds to me like the music industry needs to trim the fat.

Namely the execs at the top.

I always said the music industry is a huge scam.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

premium price I do when I book the act. # rolls down hill, essentially.

# rolls downhill, money rolls uphill.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I can't name names but there are all kinds of issues with bands. A certain bass player loves his Oxy but his balance is frightening when he's #ed up. Like, liability, can't even get them insured, frightening. Or, a particular act who sings about getting drunk and then actually lives that life. Every. Single. Day. There's so much more but it's all covered under non-disclosure so I should probably stop there.

The music business is not for the morality driven nor is it for the people who suffer from long term memory. It is both the single greatest thing I've ever done and the worst mistake of my life. The money made it all better for a short time, anyway. The money is so good, it literally feels criminal. Like, you just robbed a bank. But, it's my money and a massive risk so I don't feel bad for charging crazy ticket prices and although saying this may give up my identity, throwing major shows is like the biggest hand of high risk poker you have ever seen played.

Maybe some day, I'll write a book entitled, "Sugar, I'm Going Down" about the rise and subsequent fall of an A List promoter. Names changed, of course. Make it "fiction". Lol
edit on 10-5-2017 by PRSpinster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Please let me know if/when you write it.

Thanks for your insightful posts, it makes a lot of sense.

I remember paying $25-$40 in the eighties for bands like Priest, Maiden, Ozzy etc....

Glad I am old and have no desire to attend anymore.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Oh man, go back. I know it's a hefty price but there is nothing on this planet like live music. For me, it's the end all, be all.

Lots of people around me have suggested that I write it but I'm not big on getting sued and there's a lot of liability with a project like that. I'm still considering it though, I guess. I'll let you know, though.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join