It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fyre Festival turned out to be a massive scam and the visitors are now trapped on the island

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Early reports indicate that the Fyre Festival(a music festival with ticket prices ranging from 12k to 250k) was just a huge scam and the festival now turned into a disaster zone. The scammers locked people inside the airport without food and water and they are now desperately crying for help on social media. The luxury appartments are nothing but tents and most of them weren't even assembled yet. It's now basically like Battle Royal down there with people fighting for scraps of food. It's just insane.

Fyre Festival turned into a disaster zone

www.independent.co.uk... -ja-rule-a7707141.html

www.theguardian.com...

I could blame the rich kids of course but even if they are just stupid the sceanrio unfolding sounds pretty terrifiying for all the people involved.

This is why you never buy the first generation of new technology or go to the middle of nowhere for a first-time music festival. You wait so the kinks and bugs get worked out for the next time.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This just in: "Ja Rule starts a prison camp for Instagram kids in the Bahamas"

Blink 182? Ja Rule?

If the ticket price includes a time machine to take you back to when these acts were relevant, it's not so bad.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Hahaha that GIF fits perfectly, I just can't stop laughing.

12k deluxe meal Bahahahaha, this is too good oh man.

What a bunch of suckers hah! anyone willing to drop 12k on a festival for some #ty music totally deserves this.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
HotAir has a good series of tweets about one kids' airport and plane experience.

"Help! We've rationed our Chex Mix ..."

Poor dears, they got treated like the little people who fly on airplanes.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

A sh*t ton of rich kids are *lured* out of the country and *stranded*...hmmm...should the rest of us, here in the U.S., be worried about anything?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I would be pissed also after spending $12k on a supposed resort style music festival, only to find out a FEMA camp has a better menu and line up.

Not to mention, I would delete all of Ja-Rules songs from my iPod and send him a tweet telling him about it.

Any person who can simply piss away 12 grand on a "music festival" doesn't get a whole lot of sympathy from me. That's like a years worth of rent for many people.

Look, I'm all for the mantra that if you work hard and make money, you should be able to keep it and spend it as you wish - obviously.

But these kids just scream trust fund babies. It's just so hard to have sympathy for people who get roped into something so trivial and get scammed.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

dlisted.com...-254611

this link says the tickets ran from $495.00 to $12,000.00 still.....that is a lot of money .....there are a bunch of opics there as well

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
This just in: "Ja Rule starts a prison camp for Instagram kids in the Bahamas"

Blink 182? Ja Rule?

If the ticket price includes a time machine to take you back to when these acts were relevant, it's not so bad.

LOL!

This is legit essentially what I said -- but funnier. Well-done, sir.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

Early reports indicate that the Fyre Festival(a music festival with ticket prices ranging from 12k to 250k) was just a huge scam and the festival now turned into a disaster zone. The scammers locked people inside the airport without food and water and they are now desperately crying for help on social media. The luxury appartments are nothing but tents and most of them weren't even assembled yet. It's now basically like Battle Royal down there with people fighting for scraps of food. It's just insane.

www.theguardian.com...

I could blame the rich kids of course but even if they are just stupid the sceanrio unfolding sounds pretty terrifiying for all the people involved.

This is why you never buy the first generation of new technology or go to the middle of nowhere for a first-time music festival. You wait so the kinks and bugs get worked out for the next time.

Don't tell that to those of us who made the inaugural Bonnaroo Festival. What a time...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

originally posted by: icanteven

www.theguardian.com...

Don't tell that to those of us who made the inaugural Bonnaroo Festival. What a time...

I went. Stuck in traffic for 14 hours. Subsequent years were better, but I really felt bad for locals who got stuck on the highway with concert goers. I saw a van with a family and a newborn baby that was trapped all night on the highway with concert goers to go just five miles.

ETA: I mean you really get to know your fellow highway drivers in situations like that.

edit on 28-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: butcherguy

That's a good point. I didn't read it like that at first.

"But it's not his FAULT" 🙄

So he was... "right"???

Sputter, *cough*...

LMFAO

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Soon as I read the headline, the song "Eat the Rich" started playing in my head.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
what are they complaining about? even us hard working commoners get ripped off, the difference is that they don`t care about the money they care about the crappy food and accommodations, nobody ever died from crappy food and crappy accommodations but a lot people die from not having enough money.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
On the upside they might punk the histrionic Coachella celebrities and the said Burning Man hyjakers who made the festival unreachable to long time artists who attend. However, doesn't mean it's not fraud.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Seems like a good premise for a movie!

I'm confused by it at the moment, and look forward to its debut.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I worked as a concert promoter for about 7 years. All national acts. I'm very surprised the agents, aka WME & CAA even booked their clients for the event without doing a background on the new promoter. They really put you through the wringer to book acts your first time. You normally need big money in advance to even get acts to show up. Like $1,000,000+ and that's just for say, Luke Bryan or someone who is a household name. As in, one national act. A festival would run several to many millions of dollars up front. Booking national or international acts at this level isn't an easy thing to accomplish unless...unless you're saying the acts who were supposedly booked weren't actually booked for the event. But, the agencies would have heard about their clients supposedly performing at this so called event. Something would have been done. See, agents get a percentage so they guard their clients like bulldogs bc it's their money at risk and let me tell you how it's all about the bottom line and solid PR re: their clients which are also guarded like - hell hath no fury. They don't # around. At first, WME & CAA are extremely, EXTREMELY difficult to work with but I understood their position and didn't blame them for it. Js. This entire situation is totally # up. If I was the agents, I would have someone's head on a platter so this isn't over. Someone is going to pay.

When I say that whoever is responsible for this, is going to get theirs, I'm not BS'ing. It doesn't matter where they are. If they are breathing somewhere on this planet, they are #ing DONE. These people have international reach. I assure you. And who TF knows who went to that show. Who their parents are, ESPECIALLY at that price point. Mark my words. Someone is either going to die or wish they were dead. Promise.

edit on 29-4-2017 by PRSpinster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

Can only give you one star... you deserve a galaxy of them for your post.

This literally made me sick to my stomach.

Most people do not understand money. Yes, it was an expensive concert, but if it was what it was proposed to be, a luxury getaway on a remote island... well it was not.

Um I am dumbfounded. This is one of the most interesting threads I have ever read for content. Beyond a social experiment. What becomes of the future for the not so golden elite's children if this was any example?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It would make for great timing huh? This is profoundly mind-blowing if you are like me and do not believe in coincidences.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I dont find this funny at ALL. Its NOT okay to scam and harm people just because they are morons.. morons with money. Im nt laughing and if one of my kids were stranded there, by God Id have an extraction team going in.

495 isnt a HUUUUGE price for a ticket to a concert in a venue like that. Pretty cheap IMO.. if it was set up by packages.. from all inclusive down to tent.

Some things just arent right.. and its not right to scam anyone.. regardless of their wealth or how they got it.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The imbeciles who fell for this scam, let alone paid for it, without a doubt created their own new brand of stupid. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join