It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck... My house yet again provides me with an oddity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In going to post this here as opposed to what some will think would be the appropriate forum (supernatural), as I just don't even know how to classify what happened today.

Long story short, my family and I had been out in the back yard working, putting in our garden and burning some brush. My wife and son had came inside to start getting diner ready while my daughter and I continued to work outside. My daughter and myself came in at just before 5 pm and went back towards the bedroom area to find my wife and son, my wife had just finished feeding my son and we were all walking down the hallway back towards the kitchen, when we all heard it a loud chiming at first I thought doorbell as it's the only thing that made sense until it sank in what the time of the chime was. It was very distinct " dun dun dunnnn dun dun dunnn dunnnnnn" very different than my traditional door bell chime "ding ding" it was the same sound you hear on older chime clocks. We do not own any chime clocks or any clocks for that matter that are not intergrated into our stove or thermostat.

I'm familiar with this sound as my late grandfather always had 2 or 3 of these types of clocks in his house. I have always despised the chime of these clocks because it reminds me of him and how I didn't get to spend the quality time with him I would have wished, he passed away when I was young.

After checking the front door to make sure we were not crazy my daughter and I went back out to work since dinner wasn't done due to my wife feeding my son, I had an odd feeling after that and my daughter remarked that she didn't like that noise. Well after a little while we came back inside and dinner was done but my wife wasn't feeling well said she was light headed and feeling unstable, so naturally I sent her to bed while I finished getting the kids Fed and around for bed.

It might be much to do about nothing but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all night, with my wife not feeling well and the complaints she has had let alone the chime reminding me of my grandfather who died of an undiagnosed brain tumor, in kind of freaking out hopefully she will feel better in the AM but it's still got me on edge.

What do you think ATS? When coupled with the other events that have taken place in my house, I'm on my cell now so no links at the moment but it has all been documented in ATS, am I reading to much into this or should I be worried what explanations can there be for hearing that fing chime in the first place?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My first question would be if you have been thinking about your grandfather a lot lately. Sometimes we project things into existence. Kind of like sitting in a completely silent home and thinking you hear someone calling your name. When you ask others in the house, if there even are any, whether they called your name and they all reply "no" is a good example of what I am referring to. It's a very odd experience that doesn't lend itself to very many "explanations."

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

No I haven't really thought about him in a while, it was unexplainable to me anyways my wife the constant non believer just wrote it off and didn't have much to say about it after the fact but that is normal for her.

Edit to say, that it has been a good six months or so since I thought about him, and I only really did then due to my aunt posting a picture of him on Facebook.
edit on 23-4-2017 by crimsongod21 because: Ads content

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is going to sound strange, this is also my first ATS post. My father had cancer and one day at the dinner table he perked up while eating and said, "what was that?". I hadn't heard anything so I wasn't sure what happened but he said he had NEVER heard that noise before. Granted he was on presciption painkillers and other terrible things but I truly believe he heard something you hear when you are dying. He never specifically said what it was or sounded like but he seemed really flabbergasted at it. Unfortunately it was about 2 weeks later he passed away. (I truly believe when you are dying you can hear things the healthy do not)

The point is, look for ANY possible reasons that noise could have been made, sometimes our minds play tricks and we THINK we hear something when it is just a by-product of something else. You never know, I would assume you, your wife, and your family will be fine. I do not detect anything supernatural unless you can rule our everything that makes noise in your house.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
It was very distinct " dun dun dunnnn dun dun dunnn dunnnnnn" very different than my traditional door bell chime "ding ding" it was the same sound you hear on older chime clocks.

Definitely the Dramatic Chipmunk!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LowkeyLifted

We all heard the noise as confirmed by us talking about it, well my son didn't confirm as he can't speak yet, 10 months old and all. This is the first and only time I have heard this chime in my house, we haven't purchased anything recently that is or possibly is capable of that chime.

My grandfather was mowing the lawn when he lost his balance and hit a large rock on his riding mower he was semi coherent for a few short days after then slipped into a coma before passing. It set off a really hard time for my family and extended family due to his second wife all but being the devil.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Well, it's definitely odd. I have had some really weird experiences too. Some things are just odd.

I certainly understand the conundrum of being around people who don't believe in oddities. My father was and brother in law is that way. Generally, people who are like that, if proded, you find out they have had some experience in their life they couldn't explain. So, instead of digging too deeply, they just write it off as being their imagination or some mental quark. Of course, that's not ALWAYS the case, but I am just speaking in generalities.
edit on 23-4-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
click chime

This is the time we heard but it was a deeper tone and only plaid about half of what this one does.

Sorry I have a he'll of a time embedding videos..
edit on 23-4-2017 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
First, check the plumbing in your house.

Since you all heard the "chimes" it's likely that the sound was real and not supernatural.

Something leaking from a cracked pipe might explain your wife's illness.

And of course the chimes in a clock are nothing more than pipes, after all.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Carbon monoxide sensor is functioning with no chirps or whistles, smoke detectors had the batteries changed a month or so ago, no one else I. The house is feeling or acting sick, and I would imagine if it was a gas or other leak that made her sick so rapidly it would have effected my son first as he was inside with her the whole time and much younger with smaller less capable lungs fuento his age.

That was or first thought was maybe it was the carbon monoxide sensor as we were right next to it in our hallway. But my wife looked into it and she says the model we have makes chirps and whistles when it is triggered.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Well it seems pretty obvious, that it's the ghost of your dead grandfather coming back to exact his revenge on you for not spending enough time with him. He has definitely possessed your wife to make her feel kind of under the weather. This is what you get for believing in ghosts. Everything becomes the work of supernatural forces. The only way to stop it is to stop believing in it. Just look at me I've never believed in ghosts, and they've never come to visit me. Pretty simple
edit on 23-4-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Brother, sometimes there are things humans experience that have no rational explanation.

Like the time my daughter and I saw a little girl run silently down the hallway in our house. Or the time my wife and I opened a cookbook at a store and saw a recipe written in French ... but when we got the book home ... we were unable to find that page ... everything was in English.

Don't freak yourself out. Okay?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Couldn't hurt to have the wife checked out if this keeps up. Who knows, right.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
click chime

Sorry I have a he'll of a time embedding videos..
Lol, I don't even try anymore. It used to be relatively easy to do that stuff on this site, but that has been years ago.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LowkeyLifted

I too believe this.

My grandmother was on her death bed, but pumped full of morphine, barely lucid, mostly unaware of where she was or who was there. The entire family was around her, we knew it was not long...

Out of the blue, she smiled looked up and said "John"... my Aunt thought she was referring to her grandson, who was still young and everyone called him Johnny...

But her husband, my grandfather, who died decades earlier was named John. And her stillborn son from when she was so young, was also called John.

I don't think she was referring to Johnny, but as she was being comforted by her loved ones, either her husband in the afterlife was there to comfort her into passing, or her stillborn son was there to meet her for the first time.

But it was just so out of the blue, not once of us could talk with her like that, she just was not lucid. But that was one moment of lucidity, a coherent word, a smile, wide eyes.

who knows. perhaps her mind was just racing back reliving things, and she remembered a moment in life that made her smile. perhaps.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Apologies in advance for the negativity in my response and for someone who is on the fence with all things supernatural, this is entirely speculative.

Have you considered that it was your grandfather trying to reach out with a warning regarding your wife not feeling well. Maybe the chime was a way he knew you would relate it to him and since he passed of an undiagnosed brain tumour and your wife suddenly isn't feeling right.... Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think you should probably check the browsing history & alarm/alert/ringtone settings on devices & computers, and maybe give your kids' toys a once-over. I've come across toys my kids have that were the source of creepy noises that I didn't think made sounds at all (sudden tones on a toy phone equipped with a dying battery that you suddenly realize is actually capable of said dial tones, button beeps and ringing is effing creepy as hell)

Dollars to donuts, someone left a video running on something somewhere though.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Must be it, thank you for contributing nothing, it is obviously your choice to believe in what you will, I personally have had a few to many instances where I could not rationally explain something to believe that I know everything there is to know about this universe we call home.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Maybe you were burning hallucinogenic foliage in your yard. If you figure out what it was it might be quite valuable crop to grow.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I wouldn't say I'm freaked out so much as I'm just unsettled at the moment. Unnereved if you will, if it had been just random tones at a random rythmn no worries my house is odd, but to be those exact tones in that exact cadence is beyond weird and highly unlikely considering the plausible scenarios for which they could have been produced.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join