It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck... My house yet again provides me with an oddity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TOMFROMOZ

Not really because she was feeling fine before we heard the tones it was about a half hour to an hour later she started feeling sick. So honestly odds are they are not connected but it's still uncanny enough I figured I should mention it.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
a reply to: Woodcarver

Must be it, thank you for contributing nothing, it is obviously your choice to believe in what you will, I personally have had a few to many instances where I could not rationally explain something to believe that I know everything there is to know about this universe we call home.
Of course you can't rationally explain it because you're thinking irrationally. You hear a noise and, bam!! It's the ghost of your grandfather? Case closed. Call the ghost busters.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

While I cannot 100% discredit this I know that no tv's were on and both laptops were off at the time this happened my wife and i both checked our phones to see if we had a random automated alert or something of that nature. We didnt.
I personally keep my phone on silent constantly as I'm not supposed to have it on me at work and I charge it in my tool box and would hate to get in trouble for that ha ha.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

My mother, a few days before she passed, woke up one day and asked me and my sister "Where'd your dad go?" Problem was, dad had been dead for five and a half months; yes, I lost both of my parents in less than six months time. Anyway, I suppose this sort of behavior is rather common for those between life and death.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I never said it was the ghost of any one let alone my grandfather i did state that is how I was familiar with the tone and my relationship with the man. If he were to reach out to me now wouldn't have been the time, it would have been years ago when I actually needed him.

Your sarcasm is fully noted and filed if you have a rational explanation please provide it otherwise read along at your own pace I know that is slow but you should catch up by the time this thread has been over for a day or two.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Lol shared hallucination while not common could explain it... I don't think any of the trees in my yard are known for that but maybe I should figure out what types they are and see.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Anything in that area that has a spring that would have sprung from the vibration on the floor as you walked? Something up in the attic? a spring on a couch or bed that let go and released tension as it snapped? I had my computer chair do something like that one day and it got all soft, I had to retighten it.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not that I am aware of, the attic should be empty as it is unused and the opening to get into is tiny and I'm not find of closed in right dark spaces. The basement is a whole other bag of worms but I have nothing with springs down there It is currently empty other than two rooms will of stores items as I work ever so slowly to put in the flooring down there.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I should also note that we have had the doorbell ring one other time when there was no reason for it to do so, but it was the normal ding ding sound. This was about 2 3 winters ago after a semi heavy snow fall and there were no show marks in the fresh snow on the front porch. (We use the garage as means of ingress and eagress, the front door is mostly for show lol)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

What worries me about the situation is your wife fell ill shortly after. Get some sage sticks and burn them in every corner of the house. I sense you think it is your grandfather but I think otherwise.

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I heard wind can carry sounds like string between two cups. Maybe your neighbor has one of those grandfather clocks and a twisted swirl of wind carried it to your ears.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just a thought here. Could there be a church or a clock tower nearby? Maybe conditions were just right and a distant church bell or clock tower going off carried into the house. Some churches only play it on Sunday so that could be a reason you never heard it before too.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I should also note that we have had the doorbell ring one other time when there was no reason for it to do so, but it was the normal ding ding sound. This was about 2 3 winters ago after a semi heavy snow fall and there were no show marks in the fresh snow on the front porch. (We use the garage as means of ingress and eagress, the front door is mostly for show lol)

This makes me think there might be something wrong with your doorbell. You may have heard it malfunctioning.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

I wouldn't say I'm freaked out so much as I'm just unsettled at the moment. Unnereved if you will, if it had been just random tones at a random rythmn no worries my house is odd, but to be those exact tones in that exact cadence is beyond weird and highly unlikely considering the plausible scenarios for which they could have been produced.

I know what you mean. I know 'exactly' what you mean.

I think if you look for something you're going to see it. If you're not looking, it might just pass you on by. What if it's malevolent? Do you really want to look? Just sayin' ...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Unplug all your electronics.

Seriously, I thought for some time that a dormouse was nesting in the ceiling. I couldn´t locate the sound, it was like coming from the ceiling. In the end, it was a busted electronic part in the SKY digital satelite receiver. It chirped at random times, maybe 2-3 times per week. Mostly at night, when the receiver was in standby. The receiver is standing in the living room TV furniture, the only opening was to the front.

Drove me nuts, until I was fumbling a USB drive into my streamer next to the receiver and it chirped again. Then I knew what it was.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

If this were an intermittent thing I would have defiantly started there, but with the exception of a few years back when the door bell rang I haven't had anything like this happen. Even then it was clearly the doorbell ringing where as this was as loud or louder than my doorbell but not the same chime pattern. So I'm still a little lost about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
well in a previous post i had mentioned that this is not the first time my house has had me wondering what the hell was going on, and as such i thought i would post some links to the threads i had started in regards to them. happy reading maybe if nothing else you will enjoy the read.

haunted? TOY

saw turns on possible logical explanation found

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

infra sound could be another explanation. In the other house, sometimes I heard a very strange noise, always at the same time. After some time, I realized that it´s the gears and ropes from the church tower winding up seconds before the bells rang to the morning prayer -at 5:30- 5:35am. This strange noise amplified in that specific corner of my sleeping room.

Before I lived in that house, I was living two houses away from the church and never heard that noise. It was just in that spot of my sleeping room, nowhere else. and that house was like 500m away from the church, not in direct sight.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I guess given the right atmospheric conditions this could be plausible, the closest church with bells that I am aware of is a little over 5 miles from my house...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A little update my wife is feeling better so my hysteria was a little premature lol. We have not heard the chime sound again and I still don't have a fool proof reason as to why we heard them to begin with.

I am currently trying to locate the chime box for the door bell to see if it has the option to change rings on it and if so if that chime is an option. Now if I only knew where it was located lol

<< 1   >>

join