It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who S10 E2 Smile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well that was quite a tense episode. Quite a grim opening scene
and once again great chemistry between Bill and The Doctor
You can feel her excitement in Pearl Mackie's performance
and I was excited too. The design of the city was beautiful set against against the corn fields
and I enjoyed how the robots were used as the threat so much and also thought mood buttons were brilliant and I instantly had that uh-oh moment when they were worn and it was fun watching how they interpreted The Doctor's and Bill's feelings and the danger level seemed just about right

It was nice to see the latest sonic screwdriver in use again.

I felt bad how The Doctor treated Nardole in this episode.

I certainly liked the pacing of the plot although I was momentarily confused at certain points and the conclusion was good-ish.

Over all this episode made me smile.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I can’t stand the new assistant. She is such a whiny stupid crass example of ghetto trash.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I can’t stand the new assistant. She is such a whiny stupid crass example of ghetto trash.

Thats why I'm glad Shes only doing one Series.

Dr.Who used to be partly educational for kids back in the day.

Way too many pop cultre references nowadays.

Also its a shame Capaldi is leaving.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

maybe I'm watching the wrong series... of the two episodes she's been in, she's challenged the doctor's thinking, called him out on his ridiculousness, been automatically loyal, been inquisitive about situations, and helped solve problems.

whiny stupid...ghetto trash...
not seeing it

to note, however, her interest in the tardis and how it works makes me think something big is coming. she even made the offhand comment "what if I steal it from you?". hmmm

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wait for it, if you've seen the excerpts the Mistress is coming and by the follow on excerpts she will change back into the Master. Might be going back to clever evil opponents for the Doctor.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I accidentally watched spoilers for the last three episodes of this season. I have to say...WOW! fortunately my short term memory is shot, so I won't even process any of it as it happens.
but yeah, the mistress is definitely coming back.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend
DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS.
Obviously you never caught sight of John Simm them?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

just in case

it's no secret that John Simms will be back. he's given interviews that say as much.

"Actor Simm suggested that his character's comeback will visit an earlier period of The Master's existence, saying: "I can confirm that it’s true, thanks to the power of time travel I’m back." -- express UK 4/23/17"

it's the reason and the capacity that remains vague.

i'm just excited that both moffat and capaldi have taken an "anything goes" approach to this season...both of their last.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It was an OK episode but i'm glad we're getting a new person in charge, its got a bit stale so it does need someone to give a kick up the bum, personally i'd love more episodes with less CGI so it still costs the same but more time to tell a story like it did pre-reboot and can we stop relying on that sodding screwdriver.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I had a chuckle when Bill asked why he hadn't thought to put the chairs closer to the controls. Duh! Lol.

I wonder if the Doctor will ever regenerate as a woman? Heck, the Master did it, so why can't he? That might shake things up a bit.
I read somewhere that they keep the actors' contract short for a reason. Can't remember what that reason is at the moment.

As an aside - I've been watching David Tennant in Jessica Jones. Nice to see him as a crazy psychopath.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek
Aarrggghh, no, no, no. I'm all for equality but a female Doctor!!! No, no, no.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This is getting good!!

And when you're into it is when they change it!

new topics

top topics

join