It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please advise on natural solutions to 'systemic' acne in 19 yr old daughter..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Apple cider vinegar is great at getting rid of varuca and warts. Got rid of 2 varuca on my daughter feet. Soaked a cotton bud with apple cider and bandaged to my daughter's varuca every night for 2 weeks and they gone it's a miracle lord.

To lost girl, as far as acne goes I would try the elimination diet starting with dairy then gluten/wheat, you need to eliminate for at least a month to really detox of these foods.

Also could try a probiotics cream as well as consuming probiotics.

Sometimes you think you are eating healthy but if you body dislikes a certain food it is not healthy.

Lots of pure water too, I mean water without additives or chemicals.

Wishing you and your daughter well.

And now it's time to sort your chronic fatigue. Lyme disease? Allergy? Immunity?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Try Cannabis oil. It worked for me on my forehead. It's worth a shot.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

An old doctor once told me that a lot of cases of severe acne are caused by too many male hormones in female cases and too many female hormones in male cases. This started to make sense to me when I got a little older and noticed that females I knew who previously had fairly severe acne started to clear up when they either got on birth control pills (which are basically just hormones) or started having kids (which causes the female hormones to run amok). I became even further convinced when I had daughters of my own and upon reaching their teens they started getting some pretty bad acne- but when they both got on birth control their acne cleared up.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Really appreciate all the responses everyone...

...some suggestions we have tried, and she is already doing most of the 'healthy lifestyle' stuff, but you've given some good advice that we can work with -

- and yes, we are also planning to make an appointment with a dermatologist to get a professional opinion.

Thank you all!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A natural treatment is expressing the blackhead with a pusher. Amazon's Best Blackhead Removal Tool: amzn.to...

Or the stupid way.

This one requires hand tools in the end.

edit on V562017Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 22 Apr 2017 17:56:49 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Natural Glycerin Rosewater mixed with fresh lemon juice.

My daughter had a similar problem and the rosewater and lemon mixture worked brilliantly for her.

We also found that a product called 'Lemslip' from Lush worked amazingly well for her back and shoulders but I don't think they make it anymore (I'm going back about 8 years). Maybe you can find the recipe online and makie your own version but if not just stick with the rosewater and fresh lemon juice mix wiped on with cotton pads.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

No dairy foods (their calcium is not easily absorbed), a daily consumption of 2 tbsps of hemp oil (a perfect ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3) and sea bathing in summertime. Based on my experience with my son, it will gradually disappear.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm in my mid 30s and have had acne all my life since about 12. I tried EVERYTHING as a teen and in college and NOTHING worked. About two years ago I found a cheap acne med that actually works. It is neosporin, and it works great.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My kids had decent success with tea tree oil cut 20:1 with witch hazel. It's sort of a two edged sword, if you use it TOO much it'll dry out your skin.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Black seed oil. That's all you need. Cleanse with very mild soap, do NOT scrub. Then apply black seed oil and leave it alone. Do this twice a day. Chemicals will only make it worse, so avoid them. Google the oil...get cold pressed organic only.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sometimes eating healthy means different things for different people. For me, that means a really low carb diet. I am insulin resistant, pretty sure it's genetic. My hormones stay decently balanced if my carb levels stay under 30-40 grams a day. It's a pain in the butt. I have been this way since I can remember. Acne stays away as long as I don't eat too many carbs, also periods are regular. Does she have normal cycles?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I had average breakouts in my late teens & read an article about how Vitamin A/Retional helped. I ordered some cream & found I started having many less pimples within a week or two, or those that I got cleared up almost overnight.

I use Puritan Pride Vitamin A cream, which is available on their site or Ebay for $5-$6 for 2 ounces. They do make larger jars. For the price, it might be worth a try.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
happybodystore.com... B3w_wcB

Take this she will be fine.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I had acne that was kindof bad. Skip everything except this if you want to cut to the chase and literally solve the problem. Go to a dermatologist. Get Acutane. It changed my life, and I'm not the only one. It's a genuine life-changing, miracle medication.

It's relatively pricey but I would describe the results as priceless. Nothing is going to get results like it. It's like 2 pills a day for 5 months. IIRC it's like $3 a pill and so comes to about $1000 total for the medication itself. You also have to have blood work while you're on it to make sure it's not destroying your liver.

That may sound expensive but literally nothing works as well. Most people will only need the one 5-month treatment. 5 months and you're free of the nightmare. So while it may seem pricey, the upside is that it works and most people are completely cured in a short amount of time, just five months, and thus any other long term costs, like trying other cheaper yet ineffective methods of treatment, are eliminated.

Everything else will be cheaper but will also never come close to solving the problem. Everything else just helps people deal with it a bit but it's still there on your face, wrecking your life.

A person's young years are priceless. Forget natural and cheap and do the right thing and prioritize if you have to to afford it.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've read a lot about fasting and how a lot of human dis-ease is caused by toxins and inorganic material being built up in the body. Fasting for a short time and drinking water can help rid the body of these toxins.

There is a lot of information on the web about drinking distilled water and its benefits as well. aquariusthewaterbearer.com...

I googled fasting and acne and found this article, www.acneeinstein.com... it seems like a lot of people have success in curing their acne through fasting.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

That's fine if you want to risk ruining your liver and ending up needing a liver transplant. Or bone overgrowth, decreased platelet count or joint pain. The main problem is that these symptoms may not be evident while taking the drug but show up later in life, as many long-term effects from drugs.

The problem with mainstream docs is that they only know what the drug reps tell them. Very few do any research on their own and even fewer look into natural remedies that don't have the devastating side effects of the legend drugs.

How on earth is putting your liver, digestive system and eyesight doing the right thing? Topical applications of things like zinc and ionic silver don't put other bodily systems at risk. I know that young people think they are indestructible but these effects will show up later, much to their dismay.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Even tho you've described my symtoms at her age.
I must admit I have nothing, but I won't pretend to either.
As a guy it got pretty hard to deal with. So I really sympathize
with a young lady trying to deal with this. Love your daughter
as much as you can thru this and encourage her that it won't last
forever.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

All those so called "natural" cures for acne are probably making it worse. That's what happened to me. For years I used herbs and oils etc and it only got worse. But once I went to the dermatologist and bought the prescription stuff , 2 weeks later I had a big big change in the amount of acne I had. Unfortunately the scars from the acne will last all my life . I will always regret not going to the doctor first thing. Go to the dermatologist. Talk with them. Stop reading non-science from strangers online. Isn't your daughters health worth more than a google search?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I had a friend who had acne similar to that, and the only thing that got rid of it was antibiotics. The derm opened them all up, and started her on antibiotics, one even topical. It cleared up in about 10 days, but it did leave some scars.

Just saying. If I had that, I think I would be begging for antibiotics. As far as home remedies, if they need to open up, apply hydrogen cortisone. If they are infected, use Neosporin. And use Q-tips. Don't touch them.

Take her to the doctor, by all means. That stuff can leave some nasty scarring.
edit on 4/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Some people get good relief with 1-3% hydrogen peroxide, test only on a small area for a few days to see if there is a reaction or if it helps.

www.acne.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join