It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one here that believe we created the idea of aliens and the ships?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
Good points.
I categorize the religious as being:

Those worship a religion.
Those who worship God.

Do you see the difference. You can worship a belief and not god. I believe the majority fall into this trap.

I chose to quote this post, as it seems as good a launching point as any, but before I continue, I want to thank not only J-a-p, but lost, Cade, and heelstone as well for some particularlly insightful comments.
Discussions such as these are extremely gratifying for me personally.

In reference to J-a-p's comments above, I couldn't agree more.

IMHO, religion is simply the signpost, the finger pointing down the path which brings us closer to God. Yet far too many dman people get hung up staring at the finger...

Is it not possible there exists more than one path? Is it not possible that given the vast differences amongst the respective cultures of the people of this earth, that one would not tailor a message to suit an indivudal people?

IMHO, various religions are, for the most part, simply different manifestations of the same faith. I believe each provides a framework within which we are given guidelines as to how best live our lives, in the best interest of not only ourselves, but of those we love and the collective world around us, and in the pursuit of the things that really matter in our short time here.

But again, I know nothing, and this is just one man's opinion.

That having been said, I also belive that a belief in God, no matter what your flavor, and a belief in the existence of intelligent extraterriestal life are by no means mutually exclusive!

Really, is it not more dillusional to believe there is some special "uniqueness" to our very existence?

Even mainstream science continues to further embrace the objective likelihood that the universe is in fact abundant with life...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I also believe while fear is a sufficient condition for respect, it is by no means a necessary condition.

Lastly, should extraterrestrials decide to openly and publicly cohabitate this planet, while I would no doubt have respect for a lifeform which has had many millenia to learn what we have yet to even begin to explore, if benevolent in nature, why would I fear them?

And if manevolent in nature, I am a survivor, not a victim.

Such a scenario in either case wouldmost likely have little or no impact on my belief "system" as it exists today.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Btw... Truth is one of ATS longest serving biblethumpers...

Every few months he comes with a new thread on religion. Just a heads up for you recent members. His threads usually become very interesting because of the replies...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
People should not be fearful of their religions or God. I hear so many religious people claiming to fear God or that one should fear God. Why? There is nothing to fear if you feel you are on his side and live in his name. Thats what gets to me most about so called Christians and whatnot. But if youre fearful of what may soon come then I feel for you but you must remain strong because at this present moment I dont feel a tad bit scared of whats to come and very often I feel excited.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

I think fear here means more of a reverance for God, not necessarrily being frightened by him....just a thought

Also, I know alot of you are trying to prove God was made up by us. The last think i want is an argument, but the belief in God himself has lasted longer than anyother religious belief, it's like the Greeks or the Egyptian religons that died off. I think proof of God is all around us , in nature , in the way our bodies work....just another thought

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Mareterna]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well thanks for al the replies although I dont agree with most of them.

" If you know your on Gods side than why do you fear "

Because im not always on Gods side because im not perfected yet in the life of grace and love how he wants us to be, and im scared of my faults and sins which
cause my growth in grace to cease to exist.

I think it was saint paul who said in the bible to

"work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

Im not saved yet, and wont be unless I am perfected through the life of grace and love.

But I do have grea hope in God because he has shown me what great grace feels like before.

Also im only saying about aliens, that I believe they are from satan through the knowledge of science, just like cloning is through satan and abortion.

peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i can't belive in this day and age that people would still consider fighting for earth, our lives, and the like as fighting in the name of god. what the?!
these kind of matters go a bit beyond our illusion of a higher being that will save us (which has never happened before), dont you think?

[edit on 3-2-2005 by zekimro]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
no supreme being is going to save you.

-the idea is to save yourself.

and if you get to the root of any religion, you will find its about peace, not war. its humans that are the corruption factor. People with agendas carrying out wars in the name of religion.

forget religion if you dare. it is an excellent asset if not abused, mind you. I completely agree that religion is flawed, but only so because of the people involved. Heck, the very fact anyone is involved makes it flawed - we are not perfect. Dont get caught up on flaws, get to the root of the question, the human condition. I imagine anyone who does this, no matter which path they take, or for however long, but with accute attention to their own logic and intuiton can find peace.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by lost]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I stated a simple direct question at the bottom of page 1. I'm still hoping you find the time to share your thoughts.

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   

If ...... God asked you to choose between Him and your church, between him and your minister, between him and all you believe about aliens and the end times.....what would you choose?
If god asked you to choose between Jesus and love.....what would you choose? (to say that Jesus "is" love is not answering the question, but stating your belief)

good questions..

Minister? GOD
Church? GOD
AlienEndTimes? GOD

Jesus vs Love? GOD

now, i see these as the correct answers, based on the presumption that an individual can answer those questions fairly without bias.

but i am flawed too, and actions speak louder than words. i hope i could live up to my answers if such were the scenarios.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost

If ...... God asked you to choose between Him and your church, between him and your minister, between him and all you believe about aliens and the end times.....what would you choose?
If god asked you to choose between Jesus and love.....what would you choose? (to say that Jesus "is" love is not answering the question, but stating your belief)

good questions..

Minister? GOD
Church? GOD
AlienEndTimes? GOD

Jesus vs Love? GOD

now, i see these as the correct answers, based on the presumption that an individual can answer those questions fairly without bias.

but i am flawed too, and actions speak louder than words. i hope i could live up to my answers if such were the scenarios.

Yes, I concur, good questions, and as I've privately informed lost, I am admirable and appreciative of his/her insight, as again reflected in this last statement:

Again, lost, your senitments mirror my own, with the exception to the last question, to which my own answer is "LOVE," for is Love not the lesson, and the Messenger simply the Teacher? Just my own humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost

good questions..

Minister? GOD
Church? GOD
AlienEndTimes? GOD

Jesus vs Love? GOD

Think of the last question again, what would God be without love? There was a very strong believing man who even walked out into the dessert like Moses to seek God. Nothing happened. Then after a long time when he was about to give up, God spoke to him.

He asked him: "which is more important Jesus or love?" The seeker answered Jesus! God asked him again: "which is more important Jesus or love?" and the seeker answered Jesus! God kept asking him the same question over and over again until the seeker finally realized...what is Jesus without love?

Do the religious followers of earth worship Jesus like a cow of gold? How easy is it for the devil to mislead when all he has to do is tell us that he is Jesus? Why are we still listening to the leaders of the world when they ask for God's blessing before the TV cameras and then enter onto a mayhem of slaughtering innocent people around the globe? and still we vote for them. 100.000 civilians have been killed in Iraq and where are those who claim to follow the Christ? Are they still voting for these people?

Love is the greatest of all.

--
Isn’t it strange that people place so much emphasis upon going to church when there is not one command from Jesus to do so, and yet neglect the basic duties of our ordinary life which are commanded on every page of the Gospels?
-- William Law

It's simple questions like this that reveal what God and Jesus really mean to people. If they are truthful followers of love or idol worshipers.

Every day we can choose our direction, every day we can ask for forgiveness for our past sins and choose not to commit them again. When we are with God there is no yesterday and no tomorrow, only one very long "now".

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
If the end times are a coming I'm not bothered if it is Satan, Aliens or the Travelling Wilburys. I just wish they would get on with it so I don't have to read any more of these posts.

and

I can understand that frustration. Even biblical scriptures tell us not to go about worrying about the end daysbecause we don't know the actual enod of it all, we just know it's the latter days. The beginning days, accordign to the bible, could be looked at as either the pre-flood era or both the pre-flood AND the time leadig up to Christ.....that's a 2000-4000 years worth of begining times. Since those days after christ's death are called the end times, all the time before could be considered the begining times. People, if we are going to pull year for year, we are looking at another 2000 years on this plannet before he comes, lol...that's a long wait.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mareterna
Also, I know alot of you are trying to prove God was made up by us. The last think i want is an argument, but the belief in God himself has lasted longer than anyother religious belief, it's like the Greeks or the Egyptian religons that died off. I think proof of God is all around us , in nature , in the way our bodies work....just another thought[edit on 3-2-2005 by Mareterna]

Not just your personal opinion, but also a Biblical statement.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
regardless of weather you find your comfort in God, (whom ever your god may be christian, budda, jewish, alien) or the cosmos, all of us "feel" better about our lives by thinking that there is more too this than what we see phsyically. Its a shame though that some people find comfort in green men that they have never seen directly, but then question, our doubt that a God does exist. I look @ my children, mom and dad, and I Know that GOD exists. Who else could make me love something so much, in this mostly terriable world. (I am an extreme pessimist, who cant spell) All else matters little, and I hope my fellow ATS'ers have love for something like that. The world is ugly and hurts, yet we all roll on. That is Gods power, not green men.

My take yall.

P.S.

Some of you worship aliens, and hope that they are just as real as God is to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Mr Cade, if anybody says they believe in Jesus and commits murder or acts of hate, then they
are not christians but hypocrites.

Jesus does not teach hypocracy.

Also we go to churc for the mass, and to recieve communion, without which we have no life in us of grace.

Im teling you, there is literal graces from communion you get, ive literally felt them before and ive felt the affects of not going to mass. Its incredible.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Is there a difference between being with God and experiencing "communion" ?

Will I experience communion if I go to a football match? Will it be because of God?

Assuming the commands of Jesus is of importance to you and your life, then where are the commands from Jesus to go to church?

We have put our locks on the doors of our lords house, but still we pleed ignorance when being accused of occupying his chambers. If I put a lock on your door for which only I had the key, would you feel I had no right, while this rule apparently does not apply for the house of God, the church.

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Why does an angel whether good or bad, need a space ship!? This is the silliest thing to me, every time I hear it it cracks me up. Other worlds are supported in the Christian bible if your Christian...what about that!? Why is it that some people are so arrogant as to think we have to be the only life form that exists

Oh and so you think angels are little naked boys with bird wings and a small penis?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
In an Ateists point of view, I would accept the Greys no matter what. I don't believe that they are purely evil , Everyone and everything has a soft spot.

-Can't we just be friends

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Nice post, I think our visitors have peace in mind as well. It's humans I'm beginning to fear....

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We defiantly could have created the idea of Aliens just look back into the past. We have created the idea's of witches, dragons, gargoyles and sea serpents. which were believed in strongly and just maybe people from 200years in the future will laugh at the fact 'we' thought there were Aliens abducting people from out planet, just as I laugh that people used tot hink there were dragons that breath fire..

Thankfully I believe otherwise but that's just my opinion.

Beginning to fear? way to late for beginning :'(

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join