It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you personally know anyone who has a keen interest in UFO / ET / crop circle phenomenon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not sure if there is already a thread about this, if so, please delete this one and direct me to it.

I'm watching some episodes of Ancient Aliens at the moment, and am wondering for those who accept and/or watch ET/ UFO / crop circle, etc... documentaries - do you personally know other people / have friends / spouse / kids - who share the same interest enough that you actually talk to them in person about such things? Like serious discussions?

I don't know anyone at the moment. I've met various people in my travels, but I don't keep in contact with them on any regular basis, and they don't live close to me anyway. So, I'm left to watching documentaries and doing related research on my own. It's a solitary endeavor. Not that I go out of my way these days to find like minded folk. Most friends in the past and/or co-workers are either a) into some religion - primarily Christianity, or b) atheist, or c) joe/jane consumer / worker bee with no particular interest in learning the truth about who we are at this level.

I've thought about attending the International UFO Congress at times, but never have.

I've visited the Wiltshire crop circle area, but that was on my own during a world trip - so it wasn't the focus per se of the trip - just one stop of many. Did spend the day with a girl from a hostel and we toured Stonehenge and talked a little bit about UFOs, etc.... But I went on my own to Avebury, and a couple other CC related sites. Maybe someday I will attend a crop circle summer lecture series.

Flew over Nazca lines / went to Macchu Pichu, etc... with a couple girls - one was a friend of the other which I didn't know as well. The girl who was closer to me was semi-interested, but we were more just traveling together, she didn't have a deep enough interest in these subjects to be able to hold a conversation. Kind of an odd period of my life.

Had a couchsurfing guest over one time and we did see a UFO at the same time along with her son. Wasn't my first time.

curious to hear your experiences...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

Yes I have a friend who is in to that stuff, I struggle with the majority of people with whom I have interacted about these type of phenomena. They range from individuals who see people like Corey Goode and David Wilcox as gurus or bearers of unknown truths to people who think every UFO encounter is a result of delusion or some other psychosis.

It is hard to find open minded people who are not completely gullible. The ufo community as a whole has some serious issues and most of the figure heads are ego maniacs or just lost in a fairy tale. I sometimes think this is by design to prevent experiencers from gaining any traction with regards to credibility etc, but then I think I am being paranoid

At times I wish I had never seen the things I have seen but you cannot un-see it so you are left living a life in 2 worlds, finding people to share that with is challenging to say the least.

edit on 22-4-2017 by Charlyboy because: Terrible grammar, still not very good but an improvement.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I have a few people who I can talk to about such things. We all seem to believe that not all are hoaxes.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I do. Sure, some are hoaxes, but the real ones can be easily realized upon up close and peraonal inspection, revealing what seem to be microwaved plant joints.

Dont have much more to say about it at present but im interesred enough I work it into art on occasion.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I did have a strong interest in crop circles back in the early 1990s, the summer was a hot one and the circles were making the news regularly until Bower and Chorley 'fessed up to creating them, based on crop circles discovered in Australia, in 1966...allegedly. I never believed there cock-and-bull story about creating most circles but the media put a cap on it and from there on, circles became a hoax by default...as you will probably discover on here, when more people respond.

I know they can be hoaxed and I regard them as pieces of art when they are and genuine mysteries when they are not. I once read a book in the early 1970s and in it, the Native American Indians mentioned the great circle patterns that appeared every year in the prairie grasses. Obviously, messrs. Bower and Chorley must have duped the indians as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think alot of people lost interest once people started faking the crop circles! Many do it as a hobby so it's difficult now to find a legit one it's a shame.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The90sGamer

Yes but even with that in mind, I find them absolutely amazing to look at and I do find it hard to believe they could be man-made. However, there are some technically-minded and clever people out there who could pull it off.

The thing with crop circles, especially back in the early 1990s, I always thought that the pictographs looked familiar, somehow and I could never quite put my finger on why. We didn't have the high definition pictures back then and drones to fly over them to take photographs. More's the pity.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
considering how many replies are in this thread, I must surmise then - that as far as ATS is concerned and my own experience, most people learn these kinds of things independently.

I think all the "ridiculous" Hollywood movies / TV shows don't help. They make the whole subject seem stupid or so far-fetched. War of the Worlds, 5th Wave, Star Wars, Mork & Mindy, etc...

well...maybe I will go to some event someday...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy
a reply to: dontneedaname

At times I wish I had never seen the things I have seen but you cannot un-see it so you are left living a life in 2 worlds, finding people to share that with is challenging to say the least.

I share the same sentiments, at times - but it is fading the more emotional crap I clear out. You can't "unexperience" (Is that even a word?) certain things. My least favorite regular presenter on Ancient Aliens is David Wilcock, now that you mention it. Too "up in the sky" so to speak. Nick Redfern and Linda Howe seem to be the most grounded. Giorgio gets a little too excited at times, but overall I've enjoyed listening to him. Besides, it is part-entertainment. If it was me narrating.....probably would be dreadfully boring sounding! But maybe if I had training...hahaha

Sometimes I wish I was "ignorant and normal." But, I've lived those lives before in this life and in the past....and I see what ignorance and normal brings over the long term (and short) and well...no sense in repeating that. There are so many illusions of happiness though (Especially with all the media now), which makes it hard.....but the more I've (un)learned and disconnected, the easier it is to see through those illusions. Eventually, not even paying attention to them.

I "know" in the end it will all work out (see - the Purpose thread), but the ride has been bumpy...but like a good movie...there's trial and tribulations, reflection, surprise, loneliness, and doubt. Wrong ways (but overall correct), disappointments. And no, you can't really stick it in a montage that would make sense! hahahaha

[If you've ever seen Team America or studied North Korea, the video below may be entertaining.]

Montage song clip - Team America movie (Youtube)

Speaking of gullibility -- currently watching Mirage Men.

miragemen.com...

Only part way through, but in general it reminds me of things that marketers do to convince us to buy certain products and services.
Not just marketers, but how people (CEOs, engineers, doctors, scientists) "talk up" technologies, findings, and new trends....- UFO, computer industry, health, spiritual industry gurus, material....

...all those deceivers....they will get what they deserve.... if they haven't already....

a half-truth is a whole lie

new topics

top topics

join