It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US prepares charges to seek arrest of WikiLeaks' Julian Assange

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So when do we start valuing whistleblowers? Are they only allowed to expose corruption for a certain side?

I think a toddler could do a better job than the majority of our deep state controlled government at this point. Simply by not accomplishing anything would be an improvement over what we have experienced over the last 20 years. At least we wouldn't be bombing sovereign nations and trying to install our puppets everywhere.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

You have some interesting points, and I can't say I disagree entirely, but I'm trying to figure out what bombing other countries and installing puppets (we always seem to fail in that regard) has to do with Julian Assange?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I find it interesting though that the new administration is viewing the 1st Amendment differently and what the implications might be for American news orgs.

Its in pace to be similar to Obamas administration.

Obama went after more whistle blowers for the espionage act than any administration combined and doubled since the acts inception.

I don't like Trump at the moment because he's in line with the same direction this country has been going.

The people who find wrongdoing in the government are being punished instead of the wrong doers.

Sad state of affairs. And when the surveillance ensures no anonentity, than forget the leaks and those in power will have nothing to worry about.
edit on 20-4-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Trump loves WikiLeaks and Hillary is rotting in jai...... oh wait...

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

You have some interesting points, and I can't say I disagree entirely, but I'm trying to figure out what bombing other countries and installing puppets (we always seem to fail in that regard) has to do with Julian Assange?

Because it is all part of the same on going scam. I consider Assange to be a whistleblower that is trying to alert the American populace to the corruption of our government. If more people would even consider that our government is not benevolent and is beholden to special interests who pour money into our politicians, maybe we as American citizens would start holding them accountable.

If people realized it is the same story of completely fabricating the reasons to bomb these countries and to replace their democratically elected government, then maybe we would start holding our government responsible.

I thought the revelations through wikileaks would wake more of our sheeple up, but I seem to be sadly mistaken. They just double down on their cognitive dissonance, put their fingers in their ears and sing 'lalalalalala'.

It is all related to the same corruption and illusions.

These saints are just trying to show us some truth, some rational reasons for what our 'leaders' do and make us aware that the national governments script is not truthful.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Assange and Putin played the beat Hillary card and won but still lost.

It was a good hand and made sense at the time to play that hand since Hillary was definitely an enemy of Assange and Putin.

However, we who always labeled Trump as a phony knew Trump would be enveloped by the Deep state as he has been and would turn on Wiki and Putin as he has recently done.

Bottom line, Assange and Putin were suckered, conned and now there being discarded

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
btw, its no way this side of hell is Assange is getting a pardon from Trump. If he does it would be only proof that he was a Mossad agent all the time. I doubt that he is.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
WikiLeaks claimed on Tuesday that Secretary of State John Kerry personally appealed to Ecuador to stop WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange from publishing information damaging to Hillary Clinton

Gee Xue, how about those unnamed sources you were highlighting before....?

"Multiple US sources tell us John Kerry asked Ecuador to stop Assange from publishing Clinton docs during FARC peace negotiations," WikiLeaks said in a message on Twitter. Kerry was involved with negotiations aimed at ceasing hostilities with the Marxist guerrilla group.

edit on 20-4-2017 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Trump loves WikiLeaks and Hillary is rotting in jai...... oh wait...

This.

link   
The arrogance of the USA knows no bounds.

How can a forign citizen, not on US soil be guilty of a US crime???

link   

BAM! Goes the Hypocrisy Meter.

BAM BAM!

LOL.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This isn't shocking at all. Trump made it clear he has no love for leakers or whistle blowers when he suggested that Edward Snowden should be killed.

And before anyone suggests that Obama was somehow different when it comes to leakers, he wasn't. As a matter of fact Obama persecuted more leakers ,whistleblowers and journalists than any other president before him. He used the Espionage Act 11 times, more than any other president before him... and convinced the Justice Department that not all leakers are whistle blowers, but all whistle blowers are leakers... So if an individual blows the whistle on government corruption and gets caught, they too could be easily charged.

How the Obama administration laid the groundwork for a major crack down on the free press

It's a double standard, as are many things in government. The feds will leak things when it suits them to do so. The white house will leak information when it suits them to do so. Leak something against them that has the potential to hurt those in power? You're a treasonous leaker and will be charged and prosecuted. Trump is going to crack down even harder on the press, you can count on that. But it's definitely not new, and his predecessor got that ball rolling.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

That's different. That confirms the narrative so obviously it's to be taken at face value. Those unnamed sources are totally different than the other unnamed sources!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Congratulations.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Again, I agree with much you have to say. Of course, I don't think they're Saints. Assange has found a way to make money, and become famous, or infamous as the case may be, and it's easy for him. Or was. It's self-serving. He's no saint.

Ya know what I actually think? I think Sessions wants Assange in jail to SHUT HIM UP. Assange has a bunch of crap on Trump, (maybe even everybody in his cabinets, and perhaps Sessions himself) and he knows it. He's informed his buddy Jeff, and they are going after him as a precaution. Damage control. The conjecture is most of the information they get is from the Russians, and I'm sure they have plenty on Trump to give Julian. They want to stop it while they still can. But if this is the case, it will backfire on them. All they will succeed in doing is bringing out Julian's vindictive side, and voila! They can read it and weep.

Plus, I imagine it would mean more money for Julian.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yea I'm sure that money is great while he's been in a glorified prison.

His leaks has proven he isn't partisan, he has exposed people on both sides of the isle.

He's anti imperialism and anti governments who treat their citizens as subjects instead of employers.

I won't call him a hero, but I am thankful has done what he has done.

This is a conspiracy site at the end of the day, and he has exposed many. Hes brought light to so many important shadowed topics.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I agree. I would love to see information posted on Wikileaks that exposed the corruption within our current administration.

Time to get the ball rolling. Anything to cause awakening.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join