It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Puts White People in Separate Room For ‘Privilege Workshop’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

If you ID as white, get into one room-everyone else go to the other. This is the idea Kennesaw State U came up with to show "cultural humility". Must have been a fun learning experience in this particular "break out session".

When Kennesaw State University held an event last week on privilege and interracial relations, it asked “those who identify as white” to go to one room and “those who identify as people of color” to go to another.
heatst.com...

This is supposed to teach people about becoming an ally of the less privileged, as spur self reflection. Well Kennesaw is in good company, U of Mich, Wisconsin U and Concordia colleges are also on the segregate to learn ya band wagon. Is this going to solve the issue that has grown much, much worse of the last 8 years?

In it, students learned about becoming an ally for less privileged people, as well as “the essential roles of self-reflection, cultural humility, and re-engagement after failures.”

Kennesaw State University is the latest to grapple with the implications of separating students by race. In the last academic year, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the University of Michigan, and Concordia University all found themselves facing accusations of segregation after they held events divided by race or focused on one particular racial group.

+60 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let’s just bring back segregation. Obviously Blacks want it back as they are trying to segregate themselves, so let them!.
The hypocrisy from the black community gets more stupid every day.

edit on 20-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I hope people don't actually pay for this dribble!

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm a white hispanic...

Which room do I go into?

I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

what's your opinion on this?

I think its idiotic as per usual... "mongs" doing "mong" things... and the mentalists who think they're never wrong...

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
LOL! Maybe we will see the return of Rachel Dolezal!!!

What happens if I am white and identify as black?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Let’s just bring back segregation. Obviously Blacks want it back as they are trying to segregate themselves, so let them!.

where did you see any mention on blacks in the article? or was that comment at the tip of your tongue...

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So if I told them that I don't identify as white, even with fair skin and blonde hair, would they let me into the colored room

link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I hope people don't actually pay for this dribble!

No silly, they will be paying for this for the next twenty years, but at a low, low interest rate.

link   

originally posted by: grey580

I'm a white hispanic...

Which room do I go into?

I'm confused.

You can go back to Mexico obviously as your hated by blacks and whites

Thats a joke by the way. I love hispanics

link   

I'm a white hispanic...

Which room do I go into?

I'm confused.

Well it says "people of color", and I consider myself pretty colorful even though most would say I am white.

Maybe this is really just a way of saying whites are all plane Jane types....everyone else is colorful?

So unless you have some Hispanic coloring (whatever that is), you better hit the white room.....

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Well, what color do you ID as?

Go with your heart.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'm a white hispanic...

Which room do I go into?

I'm confused.

By the looks of yah, black or white doesn't matter so much...a good feed might help though.

As for black and white people getting on, I dare say most do except maybe those who eat and sleep politics.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: crazyewok

where did you see any mention on blacks in the article? or was that comment at the tip of your tongue...

HAHAHAHA

Who else are going to be asking for segregation of white people? Green or purple people? HAHAHAHA Libral Logic HAHAHA

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I would hope the college would teach all "colors" are wondrous and important. And teach how being inclusive is better than segregation.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I didn't know I had to ID myself.

I tell ya, for so many people wanting to be treated equally, they sure go out of their way to be treated differently.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This would seem to lead to racial hypersensitivity, and promote everything in life being against you becasue of all the protected liberal ideals.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Don't forget she lied to get a job at the NAACP. And was fired for lying to the NAACP about being black (she is "white"). That's right she was fired for saying she ID'ed as being black.

Lesson this is all crap meant to separate us into sub groups. Control.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I didn't know I had to ID myself.

I tell ya, for so many people wanting to be treated equally, they sure go out of their way to be treated differently.

Seriously....I have enough stress in my life. Spending time figuring out my identity isn't needed. Maybe someone should come up with an app for that....you know....asks you a few questions and spits out an answer. No need for a picture as we all know your actual color has no bearing on how you identify. They could even extend it to gender identity and just take care of everyone.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How is it going to go over if I stock the white room full of white robs with pointy hats and a few crosses to burn?? Is it then still ok to have this separate room??

Now I'm confused...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join