It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who Series 10 Episode 1: The Pilot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
After all the waiting I was not disappointed. It was really fun to watch the three of them getting to know each other and I really liked all the jovial banter, and nods to the past on The Doctors desk, The Doctor running was a gem, the flight of the TARDIS, the way the threat was not as it seemed. I did not expect (see spoiler) to be introduced so early, and along with other breadcrumb clues certainly had my whovian sense tingling with possibilities which I share my thoughts about in spoiler section of the post.

Overall it was a pretty decent opening episode and explained itself well as a show to those watching Doctor Who for the first time.

SPOILERS!

The Master created a phone network called Archangel which subliminally influenced the population to vote for him. Bills ringtone sounded the familiar four beats associated with The Master. As established that a previous iteration of The Master is making a return I think future episodes will also have foreshadowing clues in the same way the trail for BAD WOLF was laid out.

I instantly picked up on the Bill's photos that the Doctor was somehow involved before the reveal. Why would he do this? Sure it is sad that Bill's mother died at a young age and I certainly don't think it was simply out of sympathy that The Doctor did what he did just to make Bill happy. Was he responsible for Bill's mother dying?
What's that look on your face Doctor?. Is that Guilt? I could be wrong and have misread his intentions. Who Knows?

It was a great moment when Bill called out The Doctor on the memory wipe.

I did not expect The Mysterious Door to be introduced so early, and along with Heather's eye defect all of these are some how connected with John Simm's return as The Master and maybe a conflict will arise between him and Missy (short for The Mistress).

Could it be that they are in fact NOT the same Time Lord/Lady after all - not The Rani either but an entirely different Time Lady. Think about it. If The Doctor regenerated into a woman she'd still be known as The Doctor and wouldn't change her title to, lets say, The Nurse or something else.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So Who's black & white photo was on the Doctor's desk (River Song's was a color photo)?
The original Doctor's "niece" perhaps?
Are they tying things up all the way back to the beginning to bring "final" closure to the series?
I wonder....

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
this is the best intro episode to doctor who. in fact, i will tell my friends, watch this episode, then go back and watch the 9th doctor's series to catch up to watch till now, if they never saw doctor who.

the 8th doctor was so great. it stinks we only got one movie lol. but i think its best to watch the 8th doctor after you watch more of the new series.

cinematography was great for this epsiode. i am SO glad i do not watch commericals, because when the doctor turns the lights on, explains TARDIS, that was a great moment.

it saddens me to see the doctor tho, because now we only have 12 more adventures with him. capaldi is probably my favorite doctor so far.
edit on 19-4-2017 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2017 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

I can never understand why it is now " Series 10 "

Dr Who has been running since 1963, and there have been around 40 Series.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
this is the best intro episode to doctor who. in fact, i will tell my friends, watch this episode, then go back and watch the 9th doctor's series to catch up to watch till now, if they never saw doctor who.

the 8th doctor was so great. it stinks we only got one movie lol. but i think its best to watch the 8th doctor after you watch more of the new series.

cinematography was great for this epsiode. i am SO glad i do not watch commericals, because when the doctor turns the lights on, explains TARDIS, that was a great moment.

it saddens me to see the doctor tho, because now we only have 12 more adventures with him. capaldi is probably my favorite doctor so far.

I have been saying that to every one who doesn't even care. Capalid has been great. so sad he is leaving.

but just as with every other damned doctor, you hate to see them go, and the new one annoys you... but it repeats... you get too sucked in, they are then awesome, and when they go, you're all NOooooo

Blaidd drwg..

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Tindalos2013

I can never understand why it is now " Series 10 "

Dr Who has been running since 1963, and there have been around 40 Series.

Timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff..

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
The series numbers are only counting the post-2000 revival.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
So Who's black & white photo was on the Doctor's desk (River Song's was a color photo)?

Yes, I believe I recognised his original grand-daughter, Susan.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
Are they tying things up all the way back to the beginning to bring "final" closure to the series?
I wonder....

ganjoa

She is one of the companions of the 1st Dr Who (his granddaughter, I do not remember her name).

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

The series explained that the Doctor had a child and a wife, they died or so he believed in the fall of Galifrey.

The original doctor's first assistant was called his grand daughter but that was long before the time wars, the old man Doctor whom was a young time lord she was called Susan Foreman in the series.

The doctor does have another time lord somewhere though and even with reality having been reset she may still be out there because of her link to him and the Tardis, Jenny was a clone of the doctor created by a colony cloning machine which mixed his DNA with that of Human's and he at first rejected her totally but when she was killed and did not regenerate he assumed she was dead and them broke his heart.

As the Tardis de-materialized though it released artron energy (Time radiation) which somehow jump started her regeneration process and triggered her dormant Time Lord DNA though she unlike him did not become a different person but woke being still Jenny but with a sudden urge to explore the universe and a presumably higher (time Lord) intelligence, there was talk of a spin off but it never happened sadly.

doctorwhowatch.com...

edit on 19-4-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I was super skeptical of bill, but I can say I now have great faith! what a fantastic episode to kick things off!! I can only imagine how this season is going to go. stoked!

with this being Moffat's AND capaldi's last season, they're reportedly going balls to the wall with whatever they want. when asked who he would like to see again from the doctor's past, Moffat replied that he would love to see Susan again. and capaldi has always been a fan of the old school cybermen.

theories...or spoilers, sweetie...ahead...

what if Bill is family? the woman in the picture on the wall (that the doctor took) is Bill's mum. with a nod to Susan AND a nod to someone the doctor obviously cared about from his past... what if the woman is his wife and Bill is Susan? I squeeeed when I first thought about it. maybe reaching, but you never know.

eta: there has always been two schools of thought regarding if Susan really is his blood granddaughter or that's a sort of title/just a companion.
edit on 19-4-2017 by PolyCottonBlend because: only Who knows

new topics

top topics

join