It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'will test missiles weekly', senior official tells BBC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
We attack Korea, where will those refugees go?

If North Korea responds like they claim they will, we will nuke the crap out of NK, not sure how many refugees will be left unfortunately.

I really want to believe NK will back down if china cuts off all their funding and trade, but honestly I doubt that is going to work. As long as Kim is well taken care of I don't think he cares.

I want to believe NK will not commit self destruction by responding with all out war if we blow up their nuke plant, but somehow I am just not confident they will respond rationally.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Take out Kim

And then what ?

Hasn't Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya taught us anything ?

North Koreans are brainwashed probably more than the Hitler youth and the Nazi's were, removing Kim isn't going to solve anything. Kim isn't really a problem to be honest, he's only a problem because we (the west) are constantly making him a problem, I'm sure if we left him alone, dropped sanctions, stopped intimidating him by parking carrier groups off his coast he wouldn't be the petulant child throwing his toys out of the pram that we make him into

To quote the great Sun Tzu

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”

a reply to: crazyewok

Didn't we get the same rhetoric from Iran wanting to nuke Israel ? We're only told what the media tells us, how can be so sure on what is said is true ?

The problem isn't really Kim or the regime - the problem is their access to enriched uranium.

If we can destroy their nuke plant without starting WWIII, then as bad as it sounds it is in our best interest to let the regime remain and keep torturing it's people rather than get involved.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wonder if they will have enough trained people to operate the missiles. Because you know every failed Missile Test some one gets a bullet to the head on the spot.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
I wonder if they will have enough trained people to operate the missiles. Because you know every failed Missile Test some one gets a bullet to the head on the spot.

They work for the NSA anyway I have no doubt cia and Nsa is all over their scientific communities.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

They work for the NSA anyway I have no doubt cia and Nsa is all over their scientific communities.

Thats a ridiculous assumption to make. You suggest this as if it's an easy thing to plant a spook into North Korea's nuclear program. Seriously flawed logic, there.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Thats a ridiculous assumption to make. You suggest this as if it's an easy thing to plant a spook into North Korea's nuclear program. Seriously flawed logic, there.

They have had decades and have done it in other countries with far less time. If they havnt infiltrated by now than they are useless and need to be disbanded immediately.
edit on 4/17/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The moment its soldier against soldier, all the "Superiority " is lost, an American troop might have night vision, until its stolen and used by the foe. So it all comes down to one guy trying to kill another guy because some politician tells them to. Then it all depends on "Moral" and who has the best fighting mojo and the will to win.
edit on 17-4-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Sometimes its better to shoot the hostage first.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

We're not going to "nuke the crap" out of North Korea, Proximo. China, South Korea and Japan would be rendered uninhabitable due to the radiation/fallout.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

They have had decades and have done it in other countries with far less time. If they havnt infiltrated by now than they are useless and need to be disbanded immediately.

Calm down with the hyperbole.

Anony is right, it's next to impossible to supplant an agent into North Korea. Kim will kill his uncles, his brother and anyone at all he feels is even the slightest threat to him. Do you think he wouldn't do the same with a Korean agent even if he had no reason to suspect he was an agent? Anyone new to Kim would automatically be assumed a threat...the same applied to Kim Jong Il. One doesn't keep throwing assets at NK until one of them survives.

Useless.....that made me laugh.
edit on 18-4-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

I really want to believe NK will back down

So what you're really saying is you want them to say:
"If you attack us we'll just roll over and let you".

Saying you'll counter-attack when attacked isn't making a THREAT.

And just being obnoxious doesn't warrant getting beat up (or NUKED).

I wonder of the NK people would be better off with their beloved dictator(s), or with atomic detonations over their cities?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Didn't we get the same rhetoric from Iran wanting to nuke Israel ? We're only told what the media tells us, how can be so sure on what is said is true ?

The actual quote from Ahmedenijad (however you spell it) was referring to the nation not being on a map, like how the Soviet Union isn't on a map (without war), but the MSM went nuts claiming he said he'd "wipe Israel off the map". This was about 10 years ago now, meanwhile the claim was shown to be a farce the same month the MSM was originally going bonkers about it. If they still push on with it (I haven't checked) wouldn't actually surprise me. But it was a farce.

The FACT then was already that if he nuked Israel they'd counter-attack. Mutually Assured Destruction. And it's the same today with North Korea. Even if they're a backwards people, I'm sure they understand they can't possibly survive launching nukes: MEANING THEY WONT.

What this is really all about, like with Iran, is if they have nukes then we cant bully them into submission. Like bullies on a playground, whom have baseball bats, dont want the kids they want to bully to also have baseball bats.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

originally posted by: Miracula2
Oh this is interesting. I wonder if there is any information to back up Infowars claims here below.

"Amidst reports that North Korea now has nuclear-equipped ballistic missiles as experts warn a conflict on the Korean peninsular is more likely than not, it’s important to remember who armed North Korea with nuclear weapons in the first place – namely the U.S. government and the CIA."

www.infowars.com...

Didn't Rumsfeld sell some nuclear reactors to old man Kim via ABB or it might have been a different company?

I was too young to be interested in politics and behind the scenes world events back then. I wouldn't know with a google search.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

We attack Korea, where will those refugees go?

An attack is unlikely. China will put pressure on North Korea to keep China from having to honor the defense treaty with North Korea. Banning coal imports was a signal.

Even if North Korean nukes put the US at risk and The President of North Korea threatened to use them, a limited strike on North Korea's nuke program wouldn't cause the need for invasion.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

So far, North Korea has made good on it's promise to test/launch at least 1 missile per week. Usually its every Sunday afternoon (Korea time).

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Everything's been pretty quiet since NK's last missile test of about a week ago.

Does this mean there's less chance of a war, or the "quiet before the storm?"

edit on 4-6-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
Everything's been pretty quiet since NK's last missile test of about a week ago.

Kim Jong put out a message yesterday, saying that "He Wants Peace". Normally North Korea would have launched their weekly missile test by now. (3:30am Eastern)

I think the pressure from China, along with sanctions from the USA, Australia, and Japan, are working. At least I hope that's why Kim is asking for PEACE.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Kim Jong put out a message yesterday, saying that "He Wants Peace". Normally North Korea would have launched their weekly missile test by now. (3:30am Eastern)

I think the pressure from China, along with sanctions from the USA, Australia, and Japan, are working. At least I hope that's why Kim is asking for PEACE.

Like someone else in a different part of this forum said, he most likely wants peace on his own terms. Meaning NK gets to keep its nukes, test them, etc, etc. It's the only way, imho, that this despot will remain in power.

Take away the nukes, and bio & chemical weapons and what do you have - a toothless dictatorship that will be more likely to be toppled.

If he's asking for peace, it could be that Lil' Kim is stalling for time. To fine-tune his weapons.

Check this out:

North Korea "fully rejects" the latest U.N sanctions against its citizens and entities as a "hostile act" and will continue its nuclear weapons development without a delay, its foreign ministry spokesman said on Sunday.

The U.N. Security Council on Friday expanded targeted sanctions against North Korea after its repeated missile tests, adopting the first such resolution agreed by the United States and Pyongyang's only major ally China since U.S. President Donald Trump took office.

The sanctions resolution "is a crafty hostile act with the purpose of putting a curb on the DPRK's buildup of nuclear forces, disarming it and causing economic suffocation to it," the foreign ministry spokesman said in a statement carried by its official KCNA news agency. DPRK is short for Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the North's official name.

Source

and this:

A top Russian official said Sunday at a security conference in Singapore that North Korea’s nuclear ambitions are a “direct threat to Russia.”

Russian Deputy Defense Minister Alexander Fomin told defense ministers and experts from 39 countries that Pyongyang’s missile defense system “has a real function.”

“That is why it is alarming. And it is direct threat to Russia. We are convinced that it will increase the tensions of the region. That is our principle position," he said. Once considered a strong ally, Russia has backed fresh sanctions against North Korea.

Source

and this:

About 100 school children and their parents are holding a clean-up on the field of the local elementary school in this small fishing and farming town, when an alarm warns of an impending missile attack and they run for the school gymnasium.

The siren "rang all of a sudden while we were picking grass, so that scared me," said Taison Ito, a 10-year-old fifth grader. "It's something close to our daily lives," said parent Kanako Ono, adding that news about North Korea and missile tests is always in newspapers and on TV.

Sunday's evacuation drill in this town of 3,500 people some 475 miles west of Tokyo involved a simulated North Korean missile attack as more Japanese towns and cities take steps to brace for what they hope will never happen.

Source

If Kim Jong Un wants peace, he's got a funny way of showing it!

Re. all these sanctions - I don't know why they bother as they NEVER work. Sanctions never worked on Iran. They never have and never will work with NK. Not as long as Lil' Kim is in power.

I'm wondering why the Trump Administration and our allies in the region are taking sooooo long to resolve this. Imo military action will work much better than sanctions, which will only buy NK more time to be able to nuke everyone.

Like I said before, they need to decide what to do and stick with it before NK attacks. Either do your business or get off the pot....so to speak.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Kim Jong proves himself to be nuttier with each passing week doesn't he? It seems like the North Korea newspaper is his mouthpiece. Noone else ever speaks for North Korea but that media publication.

It's amazing how hard it is for the intelligence agencies of the world to snuff the guy out! So much would be solved, instantly. The CIA should consult with Hillary Clinton for guidance with his covert assassination.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
Oh this is interesting. I wonder if there is any information to back up Infowars claims here below.

"Amidst reports that North Korea now has nuclear-equipped ballistic missiles as experts warn a conflict on the Korean peninsular is more likely than not, it’s important to remember who armed North Korea with nuclear weapons in the first place – namely the U.S. government and the CIA."

www.infowars.com...

There was money to be made by the MIC
Just like us selling billions of dollars to Saudi Arabia, a country with worse human rights violations than North Korea

Does not matter which party is in power either in the US
They are all the same

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join