It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'will test missiles weekly', senior official tells BBC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Kim has firmly put the ball in Trumps half now it's a waiting game to see what, if any, his response will be

So your saying Kim is doing nuclear tests weekly..... Not!

Who cares about Kim's pea shooting missiles.... Trump warned North Korea to end its nuclear testing or face U.S. reprisals, and he called that country's leader a global threat.

The ball is still in Kim's court, you got it backwards!

edit on 17-4-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think Lil Kim has the same problem his father had.....

They are just so Ronrieeee....

caution funny bad language...

edit on 17-4-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
This is what we were talking about last week. North Korea has not won a battle without China's help since 1950. So unless all those old generals with all those medals were 14 years old in 1953, when North Korea fought their last battles, they are now over 80 year old.

Meaning their military has no military fighting experience. Unless they have been fighting in other wars like Vietnam.

Maybe their idea is to take over South Korea in a conventional war, threatening to use the nuclear option against the US if they interfere.

edit on 17-4-2017 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If we pulled our 30,000+ troops out of the DMZ,we could ignore this story.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

It's more like a criminal in the back seat trying to load a gun. Right now he isn't a threat, but if he figures out how to get bullets in that gun you are in trouble.

At what point do you forcibly stop him?

but why is he in the back seat and you're in the front seat? whose car is it? maybe he only has a gun because he saw you pull yours and use it. why do you get a gun? who made you the decider as to whether he gets a gun or not?
and I'd be willing to be that if he promised to join your gang, you'd sell him those bullets and make sure he knows how to load them.
and he'd still probably have to sit in the back seat.
edit on 17-4-2017 by PolyCottonBlend because: grammar > frustration

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

God knows Kim has certainly demonstrated he should get the benefit of the doubt, right?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Here's the BBC report and interview with the Vice Foreign Minister.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

"our own style and method" makes me think that they wouldn't use ICBMs yet and deliver the nukes by other means.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
I wonder if they would be also so confident if they would get completely nuked in their "all out war".

en.wikipedia.org...

Specifically, Article 2 of the treaty declares the two nations guarantee to adopt immediately all necessary measures to oppose any country or coalition of countries that might attack either nation.The treaty is in effect and automatically renews every 20 years. It has renewed in 1981 and 2001. The most recent renewal will remain in effect until the year 2021

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Two more Carrier Battle Groups have been redirected to head that way, sigh.

Buck

Yep. That pretty much tells me everything I need to know about where this is going and how this ends.

The world will be a better place without Kim Jong-un. I just hope it happens fast and without a lot of bloodshed.

USS Ronald Reagan and USS Nimitz to Korea

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We attack Korea, where will those refugees go?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

originally posted by: gortex

"our own style and method" makes me think that they wouldn't use ICBMs yet and deliver the nukes by other means.

It could be carried by an African Swallow.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Meaning their military has no military fighting experience. Unless they have been fighting in other wars like Vietnam.

How much fighting experience did the Vietcong have in Vietnam ?
How much fighting experience did the Mujahideen have in Afghanistan ?
How much fighting experience did Al Qaeda have in Iraq ?
How much fighting experience did ISIS have in Syria and Iraq ?

They were all farmers, workers and just normal people who took up arms will little experience on even holding a gun let alone fighting a war

They've all managed to hold off superior forces with superior tech

You think taking North Korea will be a cakewalk ?

The biggest mistake the US has been making since WW2 is underestimating its opponents and the people of the nations they're fighting in

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Yep. That pretty much tells me everything

Nope. China has better leaders than that. Before they will be forced to honor a defense treaty, if they feel that he is unstable China will probably take action or intimidate the President of North Korea into compliance before allowing the DPRK President to drag them into a war when other options are available.

edit on 17-4-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

You can't trust Kim Jong, no matter what treaty he signs. Because he's young, the guy will outlast the next 5 or 6 U.S. Presidents, and give every one of them trouble. Trouble that, at the moment, is distracting from this President's "America First" pledge.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: JAY1980

It's what makes me think all the failed launches are just smoke and mirrors, rockets aren't exactly the most complex of machines so to have so many failures makes me think those failures are intentional.

To lure everyone into a false sense of security

The engineering is quite complex. You need to keep the fuel cool enough to stay in the gas tanks, but at launch the pressure must be high enough that the rocket engines achieve full thrust, but not too much that there's a gas explosion. If the pressure is too low, the burning fuel mix may go back into the fuel tanks. To warm the fuel enough to achieve ignition and to keep the rocket engine cool, the cold fuel is circulated around the engine a few times.

Then you have to keep the rocket exhaust balanced in all directions so that the rocket goes upwards and doesn't do
cartwheels. Assuming the rocket does reach maximum velocity, there is the problem of vibration and harmonics. Hit the resonant frequency of the paneling on the exterior or any other component and the rocket will shake itself apart. Once that part works, then the next thing to worry about is rocket stage separation and that the remaining rocket stages remain on course.

And you can only learn from trial and error, even with advanced simulation software.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I was going to mention that Rocket Science isn't exactly considered 'easy' but you did a better job

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
Oh this is interesting. I wonder if there is any information to back up Infowars claims here below.

"Amidst reports that North Korea now has nuclear-equipped ballistic missiles as experts warn a conflict on the Korean peninsular is more likely than not, it’s important to remember who armed North Korea with nuclear weapons in the first place – namely the U.S. government and the CIA."

www.infowars.com...

Didn't Rumsfeld sell some nuclear reactors to old man Kim via ABB or it might have been a different company?
I remember reading something about this year's ago, admittedly I know jack s*** about nuclear technology and whether or not that can be used to make bombs.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Our government has the ability to cause those missiles to malfunction. The problem is that the malfunction can also cause them to fly into South Korea by mistake and possibly wind up hitting Japan or China too. Even a missile without a warhead can kill a lot of people when it comes down in the wrong spot.

I read about this technology a while back already, supposedly a few countries have similar technology.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Successful satellite launch

Sohae Launch Facility, North Korea, Nov. 26, 2012: This satellite image of the Sohae Launch Facility on Nov. 26, 2012 shows a marked increase in activity at North Korea's Sohae (West Sea) Satellite Launch Station. This activity is consistent with launch preparations as witnessed prior to the failed April 13, 2012 launch of the Unha 3 (i.e., Universe or Galaxy 3) space launch vehicle (SLV) carrying the Kwangmyongsong 3 (i.e., Bright Lodestar 3). Given the observed level of activity noted of a new tent, trucks, people and portable fuel/oxidizer tanks, should North Korea desire, it could possibly conduct its fifth satellite launch event during the next three weeks (e.g., by mid-December 2012).
Credit: DigitalGlobe via Getty Images

It seems our so-called 'efforts' being utilized in the middle east should have been put fourth in NK?

Send in some teams of 'guerrilla's' to topple the regime and bring our own puppet to lead them to democracy? /sarcasm

I'd like to have a portion of the propaganda NK authorities are feeding their subjects- see if I can digest it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join