It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Claims 500 Pakistanis (Protecting ISIS) Killed In US Bombing In Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: WAstateMosin

They didn't make that bomb last month. They made it in 2011. My INTEL is just fine. The cost was what it was, and it was $16 million per unit.

COst changes depending on number of MOABs in circulation. And manufacturing cost are way down now on them.

That was the reported cost at the time of purchase, in 2011. They may be cheaper to make today, but I'm pretty sure that the military will replace spent weapons with even most expensive technologically superior weapons in the future.

The Air Force Research Laboratory ordered design concepts for “a 21,000-pound weapon system called the Massive Ordnance Air Blast” in April 2002, according to a 2014 report Dynetics delivered to the Senate Committee on Appropriations.

Dynetics then partnered with the Air Force to build and test three prototypes of the MOAB on March 11, 2003. Anyone within 20 miles of Eglin Air Force Base in Florida that day would have been able to see a giant mushroom cloud on the horizon at 1 p.m.

The Air Force then “produced more than 10 weapons and delivered them between April and May,” according to the Senate report, just nine weeks after the successful test. The rapid development of the weapon could have cost more than $314 million.

“Every technical glitch or roadblock we encountered was worked out,” Robert Hammack, who lead the design team for AFRL, said in an Air Force post about the history of the MOAB. “Our team was filled with engineers and other people with deeply important skill sets necessary to pull this off.”

The MOAB is reportedly constructed at McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, in Oklahoma, though a spokesman for McAlester could not confirm that to TheDCNF.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

SEE the ENTIRE PROGRAM ITSELF costed around 314 million. NOT THE BOMB ITSELF.

the DOD will not release its cost either but it is estimated to be below 180,000 a unit since the explosives inside are not exotic.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

GBU-43/B
Initial Operational Capability (IOC): November 2011
Total Production: 20
Unitary Cost: USD $16 million
Also Known As: MOAB and Mother Of All Bombs
Origin: United States of America

Parent System: GBU-43/B
Production Cost: USD $314 million
Total Cost: USD $314 million

www.deagel.com... 

edit on 17-4-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

GBU-43/B
Unitary Cost: USD $16 million
Also Known As: MOAB and Mother Of All Bombs
Origin: United States of America

Parent System: GBU-43/B
Production Cost: USD $314 million
Total Cost: USD $314 million

www.deagel.com... 

Well you contact the air force and ask them. DEAGLE is a SPANISH OWNED SITE and only the DOD knows th ecost of each unit. Deagle is lying his arse off since its not publicly available. maybe i should call rewards for justice and have th eDOD sent interpol to nail him since he knows DOD secrets.

It was Business Insider, however, that got to the bottom of the actual cost of the MOAB bomb. Going to the US Air Force itself, who made the bomb in-house, and not through a third party like Boeing or Lockheed.

The actual cost is $170,000.

The $170,000 figure makes sense considering a general-purpose 1,000-pound MK-83 costs about $12,000. The MOAB simply features more high explosives and larger fins to direct the GPS-guided munition.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: Drops mike

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You know what, you don't have anything except hearsay to back that up! All the articles and all the links are nothing more than hearsay to offset complaints of how much money dropping that bomb, to kill a few hundred goat herders, cost American tax payers and silence critics of Trump's saber rattling.

This is a stupid argument. Deagle's report predates today's politics.

I didn't come into this thread other to say that I didn't believe that the military would use an "expensive" bomb to kill a few dozen soldiers. I think they knew there was a sophisticated underground military base there, and probably 1000's of military agents were killed.

We man never know.

But one thing we do know, the military wastes a lot of money on paper!

The U.S. Air Force purchased C27's (cargo aircraft) for Afghanistan for $468 million. Due to lack of maintenance support, funding, and pilot experience they were recently sold for $32000 as scrap metal.
www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You know what, you don't have anything except hearsay to back that up! All the articles and all the links are nothing more than hearsay to offset complaints of how much money dropping that bomb, to kill a few hundred goat herders, cost American tax payers and silence critics of Trump's saber rattling.

This is a stupid argument. Deagle's report predates today's politics.

I didn't come into this thread other to say that I didn't believe that the military would use an "expensive" bomb to kill a few dozen soldiers. I think they knew there was a sophisticated underground military base there, and probably 1000's of military agents were killed.

We man never know.

But one thing we do know, the military wastes a lot of money on paper!

The U.S. Air Force purchased C27's (cargo aircraft) for Afghanistan for $468 million. Due to lack of maintenance support, funding, and pilot experience they were recently sold for $32000 as scrap metal.
www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

Deagle didnt have access to DOD cost back then either SO he was Spouting BS back then as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BillyJoeOzark

Yeah, I feel like to truly be an isolationist you need people to understand that if they mess with us, we hit back fast and hard. Then maybe there's a chance of getting some alone time, maybe.

Also, how's NK play into that theory? I don't think it fits. Seems more like setting up a new standard and cleaning up after the last fella.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Im all for it the alternative is to send in spc ops and afgan fighters to clear it out. This would be costly and people would die. A big bomb and you walk in and can look around without being shot.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Deagal was just flat out wrong this explains the mistake they made.

www.newsbusters.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The relationship between India and Pakistan is like that of abusive ex's being forced to share a duplex.
Tenuous at best. India would love for Pakistan to be caught harboring ISIS terrorists.
Best to wait for an unbiased report.
In the meantime...
Enjoy some of the crazy that is the India Pakistan border closing ceremony.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No it doesn't. Your source says nothing about Deagle, or if and why their info is incorrect. The US Military, including the Air Force hasn't released any comment about the cost of the MOAB dropped.

Yours is just another article citing the same hearsay from the same unnamed Air Force official who allegedly gave a figure to Business Insider.

Whatever the price, it was paid between 6 and 12 years ago, 20 units were purchased and only one of them have ever been used. Sounds like wasted money to me, no matter how you look at it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join