It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Insurers Sue Saudis For $4.2 Billion Over 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well, this is getting interesting. With JASTA, we now have some real lawsuits going into the Saudi pockets for their role in the 9/11 attacks. About damn time though I would prefer to get those in the Saudi government, military, and intelligence services responsible but at least this is something.

www.zerohedge.com...

Last year’s Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act (JASTA), a bill which allowed Americans to sue Saudi Arabia in US court over their involvement in 9/11, has yielded another major lawsuit yesterday, a $4.2 billion suit filed by over two dozen US insurers related to losses sustained because of the 2001 attack.

"But for the assistance provided by defendants," the lawsuit said, "al Qaeda could not have successfully planned, coordinated, and carried out the September 11th attacks, which were a foreseeable and intended result of their material support and sponsorship of al Qaeda."

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Take the House of Saud to the cleaners.

Triple judgement!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I do not see the Insurance companies getting a dime. Not because the Saudi's are innocent, but because there is a way lot more to it than the insurance companies know. These insurance companies will lose their butts before this is over.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Why didn't we just sue Afghanistan and Iraq? Even if we didn't win, we would still have saved enough money to give out free health care and college tuition. Maybe it's not too late to sue Syria for whatever we are accusing them of. I suppose we could sue North Korea, but I don't think they have much.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Let me know when SA pays 4.2 billion for anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

They have the US politicians by the "balls" oops! by their secret bank accounts.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

They can by stopping funneling the billions they spend arming and aiding Sunni Wahhabist terrorist groups around the globe.

Saudi's GIP has unlimited funds.
edit on 15-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They can by stopping funneling the billions they spend arming and aiding Sunni Wahhabist terrorist groups around the globe.

Saudi's GIP has unlimited funds.

No, they can't. Why weren't they not on Trump's 'axis of evil' list...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just wait till the US gets sued.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Drain the swamp, I mean desert.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Hahahaha!
Sounds like another scheme by lawyers. I mean, they already had a judge hand down a judgement against Iran and Hezbollah ($7 - $10 Billion in damages) for 9/11. I guess any opportunity to blame an Arab, somewhere, anywhere, will do.

And so the blame game continues, brought up periodically to deflect attention from the real perps!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

For the record, Wahhabis aren't Sunnis. They don't even claim to be Sunnis. They claim to be Salafis, who are a tradition-obsessed designation/"class" that existed before Sunni Islam even existed. Salafis tend to see Sunni Islamic denominations as "watered down", "impure", "tainted", etc by non-Islamic sources and interpretations. In return, most day-to-day Sunnis generally see Salafis as ultraconservative & overly judgmental a-holes. But many Sunni scholars and leaders are on friendly terms with Salafi scholars & leaders. In short, it's only the non-Muslims who think that Wahhabis are Sunnis.

As for the OP: I can see this opening the floodgates for litigation against the US for our "collateral damage" killings and numerous wars around the world. We'll see how this all plays out.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

4.2 Million? Is that it?

Pftt... Pocket Change..

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah
a reply to: infolurker

4.2 Million? Is that it?

Pftt... Pocket Change..

Make that $4.2 Billion!
Still, that's a snip of what the Saudi leaders have stashed away in various overseas accounts, because, well, that's what Allah would do!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Quite right, my error. But yes, still, that is a drop in the bucket for them. After all, it's only Money. I am quite confident that the money making machine is in over drive as we speak!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
so, the truth is finally revealed, the law that congress passed allowing americans to sue the Saudis for 9/11 was mostly for the benefit of large corporations.
I wonder how much bribe money the insurance industry paid congress to make sure the law got passed?
I wonder what other companies are going to be suing for 9/11?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You guys need to start follow this as it will soon start to come unwrapped.

ZH has the chutzpah to put on the street and its about time.

www.zerohedge.com...

The FBI has long believed that Bayoumi’s chance encounter came immediately after meeting with Thumairy. Shortly after that meeting, Bayoumi’s $3,000-a-month Saudi salary was bumped up to $7,000. To people like Graham, the implication was clear: Thumairy, a Ministry of Islamic Affairs employee, had tasked Bayoumi with helping the hijackers settle into a foreign country, and his Saudi employers had provided him with extra cash to do so.

Kreindler’s team knew all of this, as did any student of 9/11. What they didn’t know was whether there was any link to Mohamed, or to the man whom ICE agents had identified as his boss. So Kreindler’s team took Sowailem’s name and plugged it into their database. They got a hit. Years before, Kreindler had received hundreds of thousands of pages of documents from a Saudi-funded charity called World Assembly of Muslim Youth, which according to the complaint, was linked to Al Qaeda. There, at the top of a single page, it found a note from Khaleid Sowailem written on official letterhead from the ministry. On that note was Sowailem’s phone number at the Saudi Embassy in Washington, D.C. They then plugged that number into the database and, again, out came a hit—this time, one that linked back to the men Kreindler and the rest of the world had already heard of.

According to heavily redacted FBI records gathered after 9/11, in the three months after Bayoumi allegedly randomly ran into and befriended the two hijackers, he also made nearly 100 calls to Saudi officials in the U.S. Thirty of those calls went to the number that Kreindler had uncovered as Sowailem’s direct line. What’s more, Kreindler’s team knew that in December 2003 the U.S. State Department had quietly revoked the diplomatic credentials of two dozen Saudi personnel. Kreindler knew that the State Department published complete lists of diplomats every quarter. They checked the last listing in 2003—Sowailem’s name was on it. They then checked the first listing in 2004—Sowailem’s name was gone. According to court documents filed in the case against him, starting in December 1998 and continuing until May 2001 Omar Abdi Mohamed wrote 65 checks—some as small as $370; others as large as $60,000—to Dahabshiil. The total amount, some $370,000, is roughly the same as what the 9/11 Commission estimated as the cost of the plot. To the people at Kreindler, there’s something else suspicious about Mohamed’s money transfers. It’s not just that he lied about them to the government. Or lied about the fact that he conducted them while working for the Saudis. It’s also the timing. The transfers came just months after two massive truck bombs went off almost simultaneously in front of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. One of the statements issued by 9/11 Commission staff shows that in the aftermath of those bombings, Vice President Al Gore made a trip to Riyadh with the express purpose of getting the Saudis to give American investigators more access to people who could shed light on Al Qaeda’s financial backing—people who were already in Saudi custody. The Saudis, the 9/11 Commission staff wrote, were “reluctant or unable to provide much help … the United States never obtained this access.” Similar attempts to reach ICE’s Schultz and the FBI agent who helped investigate Mohamed were also unsuccessful. During Mohamed’s immigration trial, the government successfully persuaded a judge to suppress the evidence it had gathered against him, citing matters of national security. In late March, Jim Kreindler’s firm received a formal notice from the Justice Department that its request to review that evidence would be denied.

This is what I've been talking about for last couple of years. Getting the truth out to the American people.

Buck

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Indeed.. Along with some damn backbone. Something humanity is gravely lacking this generation.
edit on 14-5-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

join