It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Just A Rant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You have all been so supportive and kind. You have helped reassured me that "real people" exist.

I must sleep now.
In my dreams I will try to forgive this person,

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Much love to you my friend! I hope you sleep well.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Think of it this way. Dude may have stole your dough to feed his 3 starving kids. You never know. So now you can sleep knowing you are a hero for saving 3 kids. Good job.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: berenike

Now I'm angry for you and sorry I can't help.
Do that now while you're angry. Use that energy in a positive way.
Stay strong.

Thank you, I appreciate "angry with me" and I will use it in a positive way, I have done all the practical stuff, and now I will hunt down the bastard that violated my privacy.
My Rottie was sniffing at the van when I came home, she is very perceptive. She was like " I don't know who this is?"
There is a ton of glass I have to get out of it before I can let the dogs in.
Pardon me but I hate these people. Come clean up my van and pay for the window.

Oh, I'm sorry if you thought I was angry 'with' you.

By angry 'for' you I meant angry 'on your behalf'.

I'll have to be careful how I phrase things.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Lots of times these kids just want you cash.

Most of them ditch your ID right away.

I hope a decent person finds it and returns the Purse.

Let's hope...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If you lie, you cheat
If you cheat, you steal
And if you steal, you're no damned good
- Old Prison Saying

I feel for you. My daughter used to live in Lubbock, Texas, and had her windows broken 4 different times. At first they stole a lot of nice things I had purchased for her that wasn't cheap. The other 3 times, it was small change from an ashtray, certainly a lot less than the $175 it cost me to replace her windows.

The last time, I told her to leave her car open so they wouldn't break the window. She did and they STILL busted out her windows. God I was furious.

Eventually they caught the little creeps....a few idiots around 18 years old, breaking windows and stealing what they could for drug money because, God forbid, they should work for a living.

They kept going back to the same cars, which had learned not to keep anything in them because these fools were stupid enough to haunt the same areas, causing repeated damage.

The anger I felt......Lordy. Let's just say that I wanted to put their head through non-safety glass a few times to see how they liked it.

You may want to do a small 'Go Fund Me" to get your window replaced, and never leave anything in your car again.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Thank you, I appreciate your anger on my behalf. I always thought a locked vehicle in a rural setting would be safe. Live and learn.

It used to be, back when just about everyone knew just about everyone else.

The are building up all around us, and more than a a ton of traffic has come with it. My 80 year old mother was driving down a country road, in the middle of the day. A guy came along on a motorcycle, dove up beside her and tried to smash the window. Missed, smashed the side view mirror instead.

Thank God she had the where with all to drive off. Who knows what would have happened if she hadn't?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Oh no!!

So sorry this happened.

Try a gofundme? Share with coworkers - a local church might know if someone who could help with your car window, and possibly your bills?

You've just seen the bad side of humanity, maybe some of the good can come your way now too.

I certainly hope so. Sending light to your situation, WIS.

AB

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Sounds like an ex-girlfriend is terrorizing you. That's one mine would do.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Been in your shoes. Had my car windshield smashed, and an oily liquid poured all over my Honda Accord. Just happened to get up and see a dude stand up next to my car in parking lot. Went down to check that my stereo wasn't stolen, found the damage.

2 days after Christmas in the cold, had to go up and down 3 flights of stairs with buckets of water and dish soap about 40 times to get it off
Google searches suggested liquid might have been brake fluid, which seems may have been as the paint was swirled, chipped, metal corroded in some places

Worse part, I think I paid for someone else's misdeed.

I know who is responsible, they posted a bragging photo on snapchat about how they got nothing on us.

Funny thing about time, people who have been made to suffer like this don't ever forget.

These teen brats are getting jobs now locally, and the looks on their faces when I go through the line is priceless.

Moral of the story and I know you don't want to hear this, Karma is a B and if you absolutely want revenge or think this someone you knew like an ex-girlfriend, invest in a baby monitor place in car, or some kind of surveillance.

The best revenge is the kind you can't get arrested for! Examples: IRS fraud, welfare fraud, housing fraud, illegal activities, the list is endless and can be reported.

This one is harsh and I would never do it, but I knew a girl who did once, some guy jacked up her vehicle and stole money from her; she knew it was him because he bragged to many, but denied once questioned by police. She does not play! She hung outside his favorite bar for a month and called police to report a drunk driver. He was screwed. Again, people should think twice about messing with people's cars.

edit on 15-4-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I share Your feeling of being "violated".. It is akin to some turd rifling through Your fund-a-wear drawer w/out permission.. Its the lowest of the low. The neap tide of human actions...

The ONLY thing that could make this 'even worse' (for those keeping score) was if the door wasn't locked and said TURD broke the window just to break the window...

I probably handled over 100 burglaries (this reads like a 'smash & grab' and if doors were 'locked' it is a vehicle burglary 459 Penal Code in Ca...) and I tried to empathize with each and every victim, but it NEVER hit home until some TURD(s) rowed ashore and went through the gate and stole ALL My Wife's fishing gear, but maybe it was that empathy that made the TURD(s) walk by My open boat and by-pass ALL of My gear??? Ours not to reason why...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Check the area, the same happened to my daughter and they found her wallet less money in a trash container nearby of course she had to close the credit cards but she had her driver's lic at least. so look in the bushes around they often dispose of the evidence.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Before I reply to any one. There is an update.
I love our boys and girls in blue,they rock.
I have stated this before when I was subject to an attempted burglary.
Update.
This morning our county Sheriff came to visit. He had been looking for me apparently and asked neighbors if they knew where I was.
Due to a thunderstorm I was home early from a walk. I saw the vehicle down the road and as I pulled in he pulled up, rolled down his window and asked if I was missing something?
I am all excited because I can hear a dog in the truck. I know we have two fabulous K9 units. So before I answer have to know which one it is. I get all giggly and all most ask for a "paw-graph"
"Well kind of" He asked if I knew any one from so and so city and I had to admit I didn't know where that was. Any way he keeps talking and then asks " Are you so and so by the way" "Yes".

So all my stuff except the actual wallet,drivers license and money was dumped on a hotel parking lot more than one hundred miles from here. Together with stuff from other people.
These officers made a huge effort to find me, the police in the other county were so concerned and happy to hear from me. I am amazed they put so much effort into so little.

Sorry I got so excited about the K9 unit. I have followed his progress in the papers since he arrived. He, the dog is German, the Sheriff was giving him German commands and I starting talking to him, the dog, in German as you would to a dear friend. He shut up and listened.
I so wanted to see him, but no, one day perhaps.

edit on 15-4-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Blaa

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

Oh, I'm sorry if you thought I was angry 'with' you.
I'll have to be careful how I phrase things.

No,No, it was perfectly comprehensible. You express your self very well. Pitt Face, if I may say that in the most affectionate manner (Because I love Pitts) you are all ways kind. Despite the condemnation enforced on you by social norms.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme
I am sorry, my level of altruism does not reach such heights.
They could just ask me for food and I would give it to them and not have to be out five hundred for a new window.
This is not the kind of paying it forward I appreciate.
But thank you for your reply.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

If you lie, you cheat
If you cheat, you steal
And if you steal, you're no damned good
- Old Prison Saying

I like that, so basic, it is going in my quote "box".

The anger I felt......Lordy. Let's just say that I wanted to put their head through non-safety glass a few times to see how they liked it.
You may want to do a small 'Go Fund Me" to get your window replaced, and never leave anything in your car again.

Yes I am angry, no enraged. But I also want to be kind.
My greatest satisfaction would be to have them refund my window and most importantly mow my lawn all summer, rake the leaves in the fall and live in a fishing shack across the street all winter so they could plow snow. One year of service.
Go Fund Me, I don't know how to do that.
But the only thing I will leave in my vehicle now is my Rottie. She will devour an intruder. Just kidding. Of course she won't be there for longer periods of time.
reading these replies I am amazed how many people have horrific encounters. I am so sorry for your daughter.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Funny thing about time, people who have been made to suffer like this don't ever forget.

This is an interesting line, I too have an elephants memory. I will forget if I am given an apology, but...

Moral of the story and I know you don't want to hear this, Karma is a B and if you absolutely want revenge....

I don't want to be vengeful, it just creates more hate and disruption. But...
Your story is so terrible I feel like a wimp in comparison. Big Hugs to You.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Oh no!!
So sorry this happened.

Sending light to your situation, WIS.

Thank you AB, compassion is essential.
Where help comes from is secondary.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

A hotel parking lot should have a video camera. If they had a security camera, they could possibly identify the thief. I hope they catch whoever did this because they are still out there and obviously doing this to others.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So sorry this happened, WIS. This is terrible
I hope you can get the money you need for this. You should start an online fundraiser. I would help you out if I could but I'm poor working class myself. So sorry this happened. HUGS.

There is no excuse for whoever did this. They simply don't care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join