It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Help Me Create A List of Non Partisan Objective Media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If people contribute I might do a non fat version of this thread giving citation to those who have actually put forward links.
So far this has not gone as well as I had hoped in creating an index of media source's.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Here's your list:

End of list.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

DBCowboy beat you to the punch a page back.
Thanks for the non contribution.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

DBCowboy beat you to the punch a page back.
Thanks for the non contribution.

That isn't a joke. It's literally the truth. There is no such thing as an unbiased news source. Anyone who tells you otherwise is pushing an agenda themselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Agreed but I'm making the best attempt I can to maybe find some middle ground.
I have posted links and so have others.
I realise that total objectivity is impossible but with things as polarised as there are I would like at least some attempt to see through the fog.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yeah, but I could tell you WaPo, NYT, or The Hill and we'd just have an argument about bias. There is no sure fire easy way to get unbiased news. You need to use critical thinking, actually read each source and determine what is the bs and what is true. It is hard and very easy to be misled, but there are patterns and tricks you can identify to make it a bit easier. But at the end of the day, it is a skill and just like any other skill it requires practice to hone and become better at.

To be honest I was thinking about writing a thread this morning that teaches people how to identify propaganda and bias and separate it from the factual content of an article, but I'm lazy. So it didn't happen. I really need to put my ideas on the subject down though. I've tossed this thread idea around in my head before.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I as well have thought about writing a thread on propaganda and seeing thru it but I'm a bit lazy and often times the amount of effort put into a thread on here does not seem to pay off unless it's a mudpit thread those get everyone's attention.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Heh. Can't argue with you on that one.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It's a load of BS, isn't it? Non-partisan sites are like needles in haystacks and who knows if the needle exists in the first place? This is the reality of politics...it's all subjective and debatable.

If I want some tech news, slashdot and The Register is where I go. The slashdotters tend to bring a little focus, but partisan BS has even infiltrated there.

Political neutrality is problematic. For example, BBC is a site I've rated for many years and it's really dumbed itself down in the past year. There's always been a slant towards left of centre without being a soap box for any sides. Still, the radio news shows are great even though the website is going tabloid.

TheBellingCat hosts some fantastic articles by international field journalists. Otherwise, I read The Telegraph, Guardian and Independent because they span right to left in an intelligent way.

If it's a Middle East topic, reading Al Jazeera's take and then comparing it to, say, BBC and Reuters works OK. At least, it's a method of getting a broader perspective.

US politics is a whole other thing. A bit of Brietbart here, some Politico there and then some gambles on NYT, WaPo etc.

Most people aren't aware how editorial decisions are taken for business reasons. Owners tend to favour the political parties that offer the best markets. In that way, it's less about politics and more about profits and market shares. A good example of this is Mr Murdoch. He's used his media assets to steer his readership towards voting for whoever suits his business model.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
it's not necessarily "breaking news" coverage, but I refer to Global Research quite a bit when I need to connect dots. it's mostly essays and analysis of events, but I can pretty confidently say I've learned quite a bit more about the underpinnings of the world than from any other place.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Breitbart and FOX.

Everything else is fake news (at least in ATS-land).

Hope I helped.

You kidding? Try to post a link from any of those sources and see how many people cry fake news, including yourself.

The only non-partisan objective media I can find is South Park. Check it out.

edit on 7-4-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Breitbart and FOX.

Everything else is fake news (at least in ATS-land).

Hope I helped.

Thats just what the wacky right says to the wacky left which believes that Huffington , cnn and msnbc are the legit ones.

Personally i thought ben swann was the most legit . He not only presented the news but he actually provide proof and demonstrated how he deducted his conclusion. To bad it appears that pizza he ordered might have gotten to him.

Besides that use common sense and pay more attention to what they arent telling you, who is involvled, where is the money going , and coincidence.

They are all agenda driven

edit on 15430America/ChicagoFri, 07 Apr 2017 18:15:45 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here is a basic graphic to get you started

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Lol, so according to that graph CNN and Washington Compost are considered minimal partisan bias?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Good luck Man.Everybody leans either to the Left,or the Right.It's all in the eye of the beholder,You just have to sift the BS,and fact check..

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Here is a basic graphic to get you started

Nothing like the core of the Ruling Establishment's press core, the people who promote global war criminal destruction, for starters, being propped up as objective reality.

originally posted by: Konduit
The only non-partisan objective media I can find is South Park. Check it out.

edit on 7-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join