It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Help Me Create A List of Non Partisan Objective Media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I use to come to ATS for the news I would not find other places but since this election ATS has seemed to become intensely partisan so it has become increasingly difficult to discern what is real and what is left or right spin on a topic. I honestly would like the closest thing I can get to just the facts. Objective media has seemed to have gone out the door in what is being called the post truth era. I would like the help of members of ATS in compiling a list of non partisan sources to help fact check both claims of those of left or right persuasion.
Help me to go beyond the liberal and conservative corporate media.

First up is All sides this site claims to give stories from the right center and left perspective in columns in an attempt to look at all perspectives of an issue.All Sides

Next is Non Partisan news from the center of public integrityNON partsian News

Last I'm going to put reason no this one is not necessarily non partisan and has a Libertarian angle but I put it hear because they often offer criticism to both sides of the current political spectrum.REASON

Feel free to debate these links and if you have sources please add your own.
I hope this can become a work in progress and a resource here on ATS that I and others can use
to get the closet thing possible to partisan objective media in this age of spin and fake news.

edit on 7-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Breitbart and FOX.

Everything else is fake news (at least in ATS-land).

Hope I helped.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A virtually impossible task from a conservative perspective here are the you tube channels most likely to tell you the truth.

1.Tru news Rick Wiles,Hagmann and Hagmann,Lisa Haven,X22 report and The common sense show.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have none, just wanted to wish you luck with this.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

what i do is add what cnn says to what breibart says divide by 2 and whatever the average is, is the truth. its simple.

cnn + breibart / 2 = true

link   
There is no such thing as "unbiased journalism". It's like a perfect circle--an ideal to strive for, but ultimately impossible to produce. Bias will always be evident through what they say, how they say it, what they omit, and how they omit it.

There can be a scale, if you will--a sliding Bulls#-O-Meter--but never an absolute.

link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Here's my complete list.

Hope that helped!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Impressive

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Reuters. That's pretty much it at this point.

link   
This will indeed be a short list:

I haven't found one that isn't partisan, even if their partisanship is somewhat hidden. I do like RT, but again, what's their angle? Apparently, every news outlet has one.

I miss Walter Cronkite.

link   

originally posted by: ausername

Impressive

I alphabetized it to make it an easier read.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Going to be a short list of zero...sorry but it is not the media which is partisan but people, and since people make up the media, it is all partisan in one direction or another.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm also looking for links to just data on the government.
Stuff like executive orders.
Bill Clinton 364
George Bush 291
Obama 276
Wikipedia

I remember people making an issue about obama and his number of executive orders but bush signed more and Bill Clinton signed even more then Bush.
Yet it seems very few people attack executive orders as the problem and the power it gives the executive branch.
I don't want to get to off topic I just wanted links to data and used the above as an example.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I wouldn't look at numbers of Executive Orders, I'd look at the orders themselves to see the impact.

I could hit you with a feather 500 times, or propel a single bullet at you.

Which one has more impact?

500 times hit or 1 time hit?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ok we could debate this in another thread I was just using it as an example of obtaining data sets.
I regret that because people are most likely going to turn it into a debate on executive orders.
I would like to stay on topic of my original intent of people adding sources.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It used to be Ben Swann for me but the pizzagate stuff and perhaps his diligent reporting of pharma industry shenanigans got him hushed. His vids are still available on you tube:www.youtube.com...
I like Frontline, Vice News and The Real News and of course...
ATS

ETA: @ FissionSurplus - I too miss Cronkite, Wallace, Koppel and Moyers.
Another source I enjoy is, The Nation, biased yes, but I can have one can't I ?

The articles are in depth and well written.
edit on 7-4-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
This will indeed be a short list:

I haven't found one that isn't partisan, even if their partisanship is somewhat hidden. I do like RT, but again, what's their angle? Apparently, every news outlet has one.

I miss Walter Cronkite.

Agreed I have been lured in by RT from time to time but also question their agenda.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: RomeByFire

what i do is add what cnn says to what breibart says divide by 2 and whatever the average is, is the truth. its simple.

cnn + breibart / 2 = true

I'm surprised that someone has not come up with a soft Ai algorithm that can sift through all the media and come up a semi objective view point given all the information.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Breitbart and FOX.

Everything else is fake news (at least in ATS-land).

Hope I helped.

You're identity politics is showing...

I will criticize FOX, CNN, MSN, Brietbart, Young Turks, etc, etc, etc.
All are propaganda machines with the intent of swaying public opinion.

You are actually helping promote this stupidity by saying things like that. Incapable of seeing the side you are entrenched on could never do anything bad.

You are a joke!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join