It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia PM says Trump attack came within an inch of war with Russia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: kyleplatinum

It works until we are attacked.

Ah... the reality of war.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

what bothers me the most about this is this.Was the reason it did not result in war, because the Russians 'blinked' and folded.

Either way, the US is endangering the whole word because if Russia does not draw a red line which means war if the US and its allies cross it, its means that Russia has/is/going to, capitulate to the US.

Russia cannot go on avoiding war with the US without effectively surrendering.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

what bothers me the most about this is this.Was the reason it did not result in war, because the Russians 'blinked' and folded.

Either way, the US is endangering the whole word because if Russia does not draw a red line which means war if the US and its allies cross it, its means that Russia has/is/going to, capitulate to the US.

They didn't fold, theyre simply being the quintessential Russians. Patient, and calculating.

War is not exactly primary on their minds with respect to the US, they would prefer an understanding (I think peace and brotherly love is far too strong of an emotion).

Making a compromise is not tantamount to a surrender.
edit on 9-4-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

They got a freebie with Ukraine, they have no place to talk. Move along.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Azureblue

They didn't fold, theyre simply being the quintessential Russians. Patient, and calculating.

War is not exactly primary on their minds with respect to the US, they would prefer an understanding (I think peace and brotherly love is far too strong of an emotion).

Making a compromise is not tantamount to a surrender.

Yes I agree however, irrispective of being quintessential Russians, Patient, and calculating, perception is truth and US sees them as blinking which means the US will escalate things which will put acid on the Russians to either fold or fight.

This is what is endangering the whole world, one way or the other the likley hood of war grows sclates or the liekly hood of capitulation by Russia grows. If Russia folds the US will be greately emboldened and turn their guns on china as that will be the last domino standing.

Paul Wolfowitz, the neoconservative who was Deputy Secretary of Defense under the Bush regime, declared:
“Our first objective is to prevent the re-emergence of a new rival, either on the territory of the former Soviet Union or elsewhere, that poses a threat on the order of that posed formerly by the Soviet Union. This is a dominant consideration underlying the new regional defense strategy and requires that we endeavor to prevent any hostile power from dominating a region whose resources would, under consolidated control, be sufficient to generate global power.”

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

On a side note, this should put to rest that Trump is a Russian puppet or that whole collusion story.

Probably not though.

Of course not. Trump making enemies with Russia now doesn't mean he didn't collude in the past.

So soon though? I feel like that's moving the goal posts.

Then you need to go relook up "moving the goalposts" means.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Goal-Posts?.

I'm more worried about that bar that anyone can just step right on over now that the bar is lowered down to the point where it is literally lying on the ground.

Kanye West could even be president now...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Yea I was talking to my mom over the weekend and she was despairing on how people can still put up with Trump's shenanigans and I had to continually remind her that Trump hasn't even reached the 100 day mark yet. We've just been blitzed with controversy and craziness since day 1 its felt like the Presidency has been much longer.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The claim from the Russians of only 23 out of 59 Tomahawks actually striking Shayrat is classic Soviet era propaganda. It is a throw away line from Major-General Igor Konashenkov. Notice that he makes no claims of anyone shooting them down. It is designed to hang and allows the pro-Russian armchair warriors to fill in the blanks.

The Russian Ministry of Defence will of course say anything to discredit the US strike on Shayrat airbase. The 23 hit claim by Major-General Igor Konashenkov's is as ridiculous as his claim that the US failed to hit aircraft parked out on Shayrat airfield.

Maj Gen who claims at 4 minutes and 19 seconds.

Both parking places and aircraft were not damaged

Those aircraft the Major-General Igor Konashenkov is making reference to have been there in the exact same positon for over 10 years! The aircraft that you see in the Russian UAV video are old obsolete types placed out on the airfield as target decoys. No US planner is going to waste a missile on such junk and especially as the types are a MiG-17 and Sukhoi 7. Both types have been out of service with the Syrians for decades.

Imagery from 29th January 2007. Check out the historical imagery on Google Earth at the following coordinates 34 29 23.43N 36 55 07.42E

Select "View" from the menu and scroll down and select "Historical Imagery"

These are the very same aircraft imaged by Russian media post strike. You can see the state of these out of service types and why US planners didn't waste missiles on them. The operational types the US were after were the Su-22s and MiG-23s in the hardened aircraft shelters.

Su-22 that survived the strike in the foreground on the runway. Su-7 decoys with arrows.

MiG-17 and Su-7 decoys.

The question arises with this type of propaganda is why do they never think that they will be found out? The "23 only hits" plus the claim of "missed aircraft" is utterly ridiculous. I do genuinely feel embarassed for the Russian Major General who has to spin this non-sense.

April 7, 2017

ISI FIRST TO ANALYZE SHAYRAT AIRFIELD MISSILE ATTACK

Based on very high resolution imagery captured less than 10 hours after the attack, ISI presents in depth battle damage assessment ISI very high resolution satellite imagery was able to reveal the results of the Tomahawk cruise missiles attack on the Al-Shayrat Air Base.

According to ISI experts, the total of 44 targets hit. Several targets may have hit twice. An in-depth examination of the damage to the objectives shows that 13 double hardened aircraft shelters (HAS) got 23 hits. 5 workshops got hit. The workshops are not necessarily related to WMD, but to aircraft and their ability to do maintenance and fly. Ten ammunition storages got hit. Seven fuel reservoirs of the AFB got hit at two sites with eight hits total.

Two locations remain untouched. One SA6 Battery utterly destroyed along with its radars and control systems. In total, five SA6 Battery elements hit. The results show that the target hits were accurate and that the Tomahawks have been used effectively against quality targets. Although 58 missiles hit the base, it seems that the overall damage to the base is limited because the warhead of the Tomahawk is not considered large and weighs about 450 kg.

ISI imagery analysis link
edit on 10/4/2017 by tommyjo because: spelling

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join