It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia PM says Trump attack came within an inch of war with Russia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
People were frightened over a nuclear fallout in the 50's, let's not fall for it again. America is more powerful than Russia anyways, Putin would be stupid to wage war with us.

Yes. Absolutely. Let's be complicit instead, and lull ourselves into a false sense of international security....in fact why stop there...let's build 2 more World Trade Centers...after all no one would be stupid enough to target them or anything.

You are ascribing WAY too much alleged "intel" into a situation where the smallest of unknowns can simply create a global catastrophe. While I agree this will not escalate nuclear war, I also find your "move along nothing to see here" mentality to be intellectually disingenuous as youre offending peoples intelligence. Common sense says it was the wrong move and could cause undue escalation or war...ignoring it as nothing is worse than worrying about it.

Also, when it comes to the nuclear tipped ICBM's that either America or Russia has, "more powerful" is completely irrelevant...it's a zero sum game.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Baby steps first.

A reporter named Gary Webb broke Iran-Contra affair which resulted in him being black listed from the majors, ending in his suicide, with TWO gunshot wounds to his head. So reporters will think twice about reporting the truth yes. There is absolutely no incentive to do so.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Baby steps first.

A reporter named Gary Webb broke Iran-Contra affair which resulted in him being black listed from the majors, ending in his suicide, with TWO gunshot wounds to his head. So reporters will think twice about reporting the truth yes. There is absolutely no incentive to do so.

I think you are wrong to be honest. While some expert investigative reporters may care more about their personal well-being, I think the vast majority of them ARE suicidal in how far they will go to bring people the truth in reporting. Some (a lot) view the United States as far greater than themselves. Of course we've got the spin-jockeys who are out for numbers, viewership and the holy dollar...I am not discounting that, I promise...but the nit and grit journalists I think we as a people are not giving them their fair shake.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: glend

Baby steps first.

I think you are wrong to be honest. While some expert investigative reporters may care more about their personal well-being, I think the vast majority of them ARE suicidal in how far they will go to bring people the truth in reporting. Some (a lot) view the United States as far greater than themselves. Of course we've got the spin-jockeys who are out for numbers, viewership and the holy dollar...I am not discounting that, I promise...but the nit and grit journalists I think we as a people are not giving them their fair shake.

We cannot assume what the vast majority of reporters think but we can assume that like the remainder of the population, they too, have been forced fed propoganda that is now an integral part of their belief system. And our belief systems are a hard nut to crack because its breakdown can result in mental illness.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yeah Putin is probably thinking he backed the wrong horse at this point in time.

Could be.

But I think this unilateral action was one of the most historical (hysterical?) blunders that any American President has made, ever.

We'll see though.

Not even close. The worst blunder in recent history was George W. Bush ousting Hussein and invading Iraq-Nam.
edit on 4/7/2017 by pteridine because: spelling error

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Chest pounding out of fear. Of course he'd say that...still. I bet he's getting his own bug-out bag ready for the Ural Mountains...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: LSU0408

How can you be so sure?
Russia suspends agreement to ensure flight safety in Syria
Which basically means that they can down any plane and say "oops we didn't know that was yours"
The US claims Russia is responsible for the gas attacks
Which is pretty much an expected move since it was the Russians which signed responsibility for removing them a few years back. But also bad because it shifts the conflicts focus from Assad to Putin.
The Admiral Grigorovich is not on the way to the eastern Mediterranean Sea to hand out candy.

So how can you be so sure this won't escalate further? The decision to launch the airstrike was entirely emotional, not fact based, what if Putin shows Trump the middle finger and he loses it again?

Trump didn't get emotional and push a button on those Navy vessels. He was given a plan after hours of intelligence and planning and ok'd the strike. He didn't act alone. People were frightened over a nuclear fallout in the 50's, let's not fall for it again. America is more powerful than Russia anyways, Putin would be stupid to wage war with us.

It's sad, some of these comments. They have no idea how these things work.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

That is a Bunch of BS for Public Consumption . Where do you think Syria got their Stockpile of Chemical Weapons >? That's Right , Russia . IF this Story Line is TRUE * , Assad Ordered Airstrikes on a Syrian Village with Chemical Weapons , which is Basically Committing Political Suicide , then it was with Help from Putin's Government . If this Story is a Fabrication , and there was another Element in the Conflict in Syria that was Responsible for this Chemical Attack , then Putin is being Setup here from some " Unknown " Organization that is trying to make the Russian Government look Bad in the Eyes of the International Community . Could the " Counsel of 13 " , and the Shadow World Government be behind this ? Anybody's Guess there......

edit on 7-4-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Trump goes on a rampage

Rampage huh?... lol, not even close.

It was a limited short term military intervention.

Take a breath.

Some of you people must be niave to think that if the US does not interfere in a senerio as to what is going on with chemical attacks elsewhere, then eventually
those attacks will at some point make it to other countries and the west.

Justified 100%

Keep on repeating the same lies.

How much more do you want? Clearly, Afghanistan and Iraq weren't enough. Libya. Yemen. Iran is still on the "they're gonna kill us all," list. Now Syria?

And all of them created by the purposeful use of logical fallacies (appeal to emotion - "it's for the children") and perpetual lies regarding weapons of mass destruction (now "chemical weapons").

Some of us are naive?

Clearly. How many bombs were dropped last year? Upwards of 20,000, no? How many more until this perverted sense of security is appeased?

How much more draconian legislation do we need in order to "protect us," and better yet - how have NONE of the previous breaches of privacy for "security," through surveillance prevented any sort of terrorist attacks?

But some suggest that we need even MORE government interference, as if it's going to yield a different result than what we've been seeing for the past six or seven decades.

Just like the Gulf of Tonkin, just like the 7/7 bombings, like 9/11, like many of the mass shootings that many ATS members consider to be "false flags," - this, too, is no different.

You know what I find absolutely hilarious? The die-hard cult fanatics grasping at straws to deflect to liberals - as if that's relevant to this event at all, considering conservatives have been preaching how they have full control of the House/Senate... yet they STILL blame "the other side."

And don't misconstrue me - Democrats aren't any different. Speaking of, am I the only one who finds it ironic that Hillary just made a statement regarding Syria and how we need to involve ourselves?

You know - this is golden, but no conservative has the balls to admit it. They CHEERED and PRAISED that "Hillary isn't in office," which I admit I'm happy for as well, but Donald Trump - the current, relevant POTUS - acted in a demeanor that is EXACTLY that of what Hillary herself has proposed.

So where people deflect and say, "but what about Hillary," this scenario is fertile ground for reminder that Donald Trump is absolutely no different than other corrupt, scandalous, , self-idolizing POS that is poisoning this nation.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

So, by leaving everyone alone and minding our own business, everything will be ok?

How much more do I want?... As much as it takes.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious that the only way Putin and Trump can reconcile publicly is as part of an aftermath of fake war conflict rhetoric.

Several months of "brinkmanship", and a grand solution emerges. Then, Trump and Putin can shake hands publicly.

Some of this seems very straitforward analysis....esp if you "know" Trump.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

Yeah Putin is probably thinking he backed the wrong horse at this point in time.

Could be.

But I think this unilateral action was one of the most historical (hysterical?) blunders that any American President has made, ever.

We'll see though.

Not even close. The worst blunder in recent history was George W. Bush ousting Hussein and invading Iraq-Nam.

No it was Obama pulling everything out of Iraq and declaring the war was over.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Um.
georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Um.
georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov...

Yep, from the link.

Bush said,

Now, in terms of the agreements, this is a major achievement. Is it the end? Absolutely not. There is more work to be done.

He was there 4 times.

Didn't obama go once and he had to have everyone disarmed and shoeless?

Anyway, Biden couldn't come to a SOFA with the Iraqi gov so obama said "bummer, let's go joe, we can always blame bush"

And the rest, as they say, is history!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I guess you missed the part about presidential signatures and stuff.
I guess that doesn't matter, because... you know...Bush.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

On a side note, this should put to rest that Trump is a Russian puppet or that whole collusion story.

Probably not though.

Of course not. Trump making enemies with Russia now doesn't mean he didn't collude in the past.

So soon though? I feel like that's moving the goal posts.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

This is nonsense...
Show us some links !

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
there could be some element of 'problem-reaction-solution' here in effect . The problem , as it stood , was that Russian assets in the UK and Europe and particularly the US, were being chased towards exposure , and so a plan was hatched to protect them . A problem (the real problem being above) was created : chemical weapons attack in Syria (real or fake, no matter)
A reaction was planned : missile strikes on Assad , also __ overtly snubbing the Russians .
A solution is in effect : confusion throughout the world , including in the msms, with the number 1 factored in outcome being that Trump and Putin are not friends (when they are) . The world would have trouble believing now that there was any collusion to get rid of Hilary and the globalist : even the Clintons themselves might doubt it . The russian network is an extremely valuable asset , and one well worth protecting , as its heads are on the same anti-globalist tracks as Trump and Brexit .
Meanwhile people like Trudeau and the Aussie PM are exposing their now doubtless thirst for unwise and unjustified-by-facts escalation against Russia and BRICAS .
NATO is currently headed by an EPP European head . NATO members should be really complaining to Trump about what the hell he is getting THEM into , on his own , his own say so , against Russia . They are happy being drawn into a fight they didn't officially condone in the first place ? Just shows , exactly who they are , and what they think , and what they would do if they could - looking like fools now on account of Trump , and Putin , being far more savvy .
Just a theory anyhow ..
edit on 8-4-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
It's pretty obvious that the only way Putin and Trump can reconcile publicly is as part of an aftermath of fake war conflict rhetoric.

Several months of "brinkmanship", and a grand solution emerges. Then, Trump and Putin can shake hands publicly.

Some of this seems very straitforward analysis....esp if you "know" Trump.

Exactly!

Meanwhile, boosting military spending and making some more corporations in the MIC richer.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i got a feeling that those pictures are bullsh@@, a tomahawk is 18 feet long and 20 foot with boater and two foot wide. carries about a 1000 pounds of explosives.

i maybe wrong but i don't think you can pack a 1000lbs into this.

Same thing I was thinking... Nothing in the pictures these nerds posted on Twitter look like any part of this.

That's just an outer-shell pic, lol. Here:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

It works until we are attacked.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join