It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Strikes Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I wonder what is flying in the skies above Syria? With Russia repealing the safe sky agreements i wonder if there will be a increase of stealth platforms.

gosh i'd love to have a nice NV setup and a telescope/binoculars over there.

With the strikes made tonight Russia will probably move even more anti-air systems in the area to protect their interests.

Is the S-500/400 in the area or just the 300?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
We get played time and time again
Trump needs some ratings and its a perfect opportunity
Tell the Russians you're doing it so none of them get hurt...they can posture later.
Nothing will come of it. Send a big message all over...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

gosh i'd love to have a nice NV setup and a telescope/binoculars over there.

Nice to know that some people can enjoy war in all its brutality, gore and reality...

Easy to say you would love to have a nice set up... As long as it is not on your own doorstep and no-one in your family is touched huh!?

This is not just about military targets... Innocents will be affected (and have been) too.

*shakes head in despair*

Lags

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Well last year I believe we used some F-35's F-22's to check Syrian jets bombing too close to our special forces guys. So I think they are already in the skies. The Russians have theirs. I found this video of what I believe are Russian aircraft if your trying to do an "aircraft of Syrian conflict" thing going on.I have no idea what they are though.

No idea what this is, but it translates as from Nov, 16 2016:

Tremala media center monitoring the flight of the giant flight in the atmosphere of the southern countryside of Idlib and northern Hama

US Dispatches F-22 Stealth Fighters to Intercept Syrian Aircraft
The U.S. military on Friday dispatched two F-22 Raptors stealth fighter jets to intercept a pair of Syrian Su-24 Fencer aircraft that flew in the vicinity of Hasakah, Syria, according to news accounts citing an unnamed Pentagon official.

The American pilots of the fifth-generation fighters made by Lockheed Martin Corp. tried to radio the Syrian pilots but didn’t receive a response, according to CNN’s Barbara Starr.

The Raptors chased away the Fencers to protect U.S. Special Operations forces that are operating in the area, and no weapons were fired, according to The Los Angeles Times’ W.J. Hennigan.

edit on 4-7-2017 by worldstarcountry because: ahh, it was 22's not 35's

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I was referring to aircraft spotting not watching a base get attacked.

and FYI you don't know where my family is and what danger they are in DAILY, so yeah the war does effect me and my family...

D8:
I agree it is some posturing but i also believe it is a good message to the world that new management is in charge and *IF* this chemical attack is as it seems Assad is luck it was only the air field.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

you can see what looks like synthetic aperture radar on the second video, definitely a surveillance aircraft

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
AHA! I knew I would find it. F-22 refueling at night over Syria/Iraq

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

I was referring to aircraft spotting not watching a base get attacked.

and FYI you don't know where my family is and what danger they are in DAILY, so yeah the war does effect me and my family...

D8:
I agree it is some posturing but i also believe it is a good message to the world that new management is in charge and *IF* this chemical attack is as it seems Assad is luck it was only the air field.

Sincerest apologies then in that case Pen, but it did read as if you were all excited... (cultural differences huh!)

Would be interesting to know where you and your family are to understand you better.

ETA : I would like to add concerning your response to D8 That although the USA has a new president HE is not the new management for the whole planet and each countries problems... (otherwise if I am wrong then the USA should stick some new logos on all USA aircraft carriers marked "WORLD POLICE" *To protect and preserve*

Warmest respects

Lags
edit on 7-4-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

My younger(only) brother is a Marine and is over there in a support base that does artillery and other support operations.

I worry about him everyday and these developments put him in even more danger.

and no worries

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

look at all that gas! i bet someone in the city got a nice JP-4/6 shower
edit on 7-4-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

My younger(only) brother is a Marine and is over there in a support base that does artillery and other support operations.

I worry about him everyday and these developments put him in even more danger.

and no worries

No issues, been there and done it myself for many a year in other countries under peace keeping missions as a military veterinary surgeon.

Yep... sniffer dogs need docs too...

Warmest regards

Lags
edit on 7-4-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Thought Tomahawks were low altitude cruise weapons..Are higher flying aircraft threatened?
I would think US platforms would have done the initial surveillance and targeting before the weapons were launched then again to show target destruction..Guidance is via GPS on the Tomahawks arent they?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

i would bet dollars to doughnuts that there are some interesting HIGH altitude platforms doing battle damage assessments and real time surveillance of the low flying missiles, we got pictures of the damage out to the public pretty quickly

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

There are ISR platforms overhead during any strike to give before and after imagery so they can do BDA and determine if followup strikes are needed. Probably a HALE platform.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Dragon ladies out of Cyprus or similar?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

you have to remember there are S-300 and s-400 SAM's there and i with russia withdrawing there agreement not to shoot down US aircraft i get they want something fast and VERY HIGH

i wonder if any one saw strange orange jerky satellites or green meteors

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It's a Russian TU-214R.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Ahh so it is. Other than the SAR for targeting what could they be using the ELINT for? i get the SIGINT as they can probably snoop on all the rebels walkie talkies.

I wonder if it is more aimed at the US forces trying to grab what ever signals they can from our fighters and other platforms

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Just came across this new night vision video yesterday. It's in color.
thechive.com...

"This is footage from the X27 HD night vision camera. Color night vision has been in the works for a while and this is considered the latest 4th gen. product.
Hello to some Military bucks for this achievement."~ per article

I'd be using this in Nevada too..

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That is AMAZING.....i cant find a price on the SPI website, bet it costs a pretty penny

company website and cool video

www.x20.org...
edit on 7-4-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join