It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS Is Now Using Private Debt Collectors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

After years of warning taxpayers that the IRS will never cold call you to collect a tax debt, things are about to change as the IRS begins handing over some of its debt-collection work to private firms who probably will call you. This drastic change in practices for the IRS raises a number of concerns. Will taxpayers disregard these calls because they think they're a scam? How can consumers tell the difference between someone collecting a legitimate tax debt and a con artist? What if the contracted debt collectors resort to bad behavior like threatening arrest or generally harassing people?

There are also a variety of tax accounts that the IRS will not hand over to third parties, including: Accounts for minors Taxpayers in designated combat zones Victims of tax-related identity theft Accounts that are subject to an installment agreement Innocent spouse cases People in presidentially declared disaster areas who request relief from collection

I made a thread a while back in regards to the bold statement, which can be seen Here

I don't really know what to think about this, and was wondering what you all on ATS have to say.

Stay Aware

Source

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
No one should get a call..They could/should send out a letter to everyone on their list advising them on dept collection services that may occur, with a number/address to call and send a letter too.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Kind of like the US hiring mercenary armies in places like Iraq, only this time it's economic warfare instead of conventional bullets and b0mbs.

The IRS is so criminal a number of their people left and became whistelblowers, now fighting against IRS illegal practices (including the ILLEGAL federal income tax)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bloat extra expense that is not going to make any difference, that will cost way more than they will ever collect doing such a thing in the first place.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This shouldn't be happening.

Another thing that shouldn't be happening is debt being sold to third parties.

Once they write off the debt. That should be the end of it.

Same thing should apply to the state.

Hell even bankruptcy protections should apply to the state.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Bloat extra expense that is not going to make any difference, that will cost way more than they will ever collect doing such a thing in the first place.

If the people could afford to pay, they wouldn't have to to call them.

It is not effective in collecting a debt, it is just a form of punishment, to cause extra stress and intrusion into their lives.

What is next, flash bombs and SWAT teams crashing through the doors and windows?

You can't get blood from a turnip. If they want people to pay them more money, then they should be working on a way for those people to earn more money.

Of course, they have to draw the line somewhere, because if they screw up and allow the person to earn too much money, then they will be wealthy enough that they don't have to pay any taxes at all.

I know. This makes it so tough for the IRS.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hmm

Amendment XVI

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

That is the whole amendment it seems to be lacking a little something...oh, I know...

The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

So for a questionably legal organization (since that above part wasn't there) to take actions identical to scammers seems to be a very bad idea. But when same said questionable organization has already done very illegal actions in the past for both Obama and Bill Clinton, perhaps they are not worried about being on shaky ground.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I've been getting calls from Indian sounding individuals saying I owe money to the IRS for months! It's going to get difficult to know when we're getting scammed.

Watch a few of these videos for a good laugh... Hoax Hotel

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Yeah, I thought they already had offices in India doing this collection. People have to pay using gift cards, not cash or check.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
those pesky internationalists and their lust for profit!

whenever i get cold calls, be it from cable, some car company, some vacation spot, etc, i just put the person on the phone down.

i ask them, 'when you were growing up, what did you want to be?'
'before you got your ged, what did you want to be?'
'when you were growing up, did you dream of calling people to harass them all day long, what went wrong here?'

i say it calm, like i pity them. then i start screaming as well if they yell back at me.

but i always put them down for choosing this job in their life. i want them to realize they have a # job.

NEVER call an 800 number saying, 'we will give you free information'
its never free. they are collecting phone numbers to sell to someone.

i never gamble, my friends do. i called ONE time to get the 'free game of the week' results so i could verify to my friend whether it worked or not.

for 4 years i kept getting numbers from vegas. finally one loser was kind enough to admit to me, 'i bought your number off a bookie seller' or some website. so even if you 'take your name off the list' your name is still on that list that is for sale.

thats the scam. when you hear some loser 'giving away' his book for free on the radio, and all you gotta do is call, he is not giving away a book per se. he is collecting numbers, so he can sell the leads to businesses.

i try to degrade telemarketers and to act like i pity them, so hopefully some of them quit, and realize go get a real job.

as for the 'tax man' even jesus himself battled those bastards. they love profit, so you could not reason with them.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why not. The NSA has Booz Allen. Having Trump as president is like outsourcing our government to Russia. Why not every other agency.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

new topics

top topics

join