It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myanmar refugee told authorities that rape of boy, 10, was culturally acceptable

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Even when theses types admit it's common and allowable in their culture, the left still denies it's part of their culture.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
so are you saying there are no christian pedophiles? the catholic church has been a glorified pedo ring for ages and you want to point fingers at muslims? wrong is wrong no matter what color or religion you adhere to, but don't go around calling muslims "animals" when you know damn well there are pedophiles of all colors and walks of life.

there is so much anger and rightfully so but i do not recall this much hatred spewed when those football players shoved a hanger up a mentally challenged boys butt and got slaps on the wrists and the ring leader no jail time or when the stanford swimmer sexually assaulted that girl and only got 6 months. man i sincerely hope you guys weren't as angry in those cases because the perps were white non muslim good ol boys, i really hope that is not the case.

just realize that it doesn't matter the color, there are sickos from all walks of life. sensationalizing stories like these just creates more and more hatred.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
An EXCUSE !, ''Culturally acceptable ''. In the Jail ''culture'' ,is that these animals get bashed to death ,happy jail time !!! but then, since most Judges ,Politicians ,some Religious Leaders find this behaviour ''acceptable'' and they are a part of this ''culture'' [raping children],maybe thats why these animals get such light sentences and are able to basically get away with it ,and Politicians ,Media ,and those playing a leading Role ''De - Whiting'' Europe ,the doo gooding immigration ,refugee advocates, turn a blind eye to the whole ''Rape Culture'' of immigrants ,all in the interests of getting rid of those damn white races and Europeans ,Americans ,Australians ,British etc.Or as the French President Sarkozy said ''if they [French people] refuse to interbreed with the Immigrants ,they will be Forced too '' . FORCED ??????

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Yes there are sickos from all walks of life....

The thing you're missing here is that they are claiming it's common and acceptable by a large swath of a population from their culture.....and the courts are buying it and giving them slaps in the wrist....

I agree that no one should ever get a pass on this, be it priests or your average pedophile sicko ....

But let's not forget in the culture this man is talkin about there's even a common saying "women are for babies, boys are for pleasure". Not MEN. Boys....

The gavel needs to come down hard on these people to let it be known that western culture we will not tolerate it....just as I am of the opinion that all child rape and molestation should be met with the harshest penalties allowable

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I've got past caring if it's racist or xenophobic (it isn't), immigrants should be required to have lessons in the culture and language of their chosen new country on arrival.

After all, they opted to move to a new homeland, the indigenous population has no say in the matter. For the sake of everyone's well-being it's best to educate newcomers on what is expected of them.

It's too much to ask, I suppose, for would-be immigrants to research the habits and culture of the new country before they leave the old one.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

It's not that they don't know it's illegal.......it's that they know they can get away w it w relatively negligible sentencing ....
They know western cultures are conditioned and browbeaten to be more "tolerant" or risk being ostracized for being racist , islamaphobic, or intolerant

edit on 4/4/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
so are you saying there are no christian pedophiles? the catholic church has been a glorified pedo ring for ages and you want to point fingers at muslims? wrong is wrong no matter what color or religion you adhere to, but don't go around calling muslims "animals" when you know damn well there are pedophiles of all colors and walks of life.

there is so much anger and rightfully so but i do not recall this much hatred spewed when those football players shoved a hanger up a mentally challenged boys butt and got slaps on the wrists and the ring leader no jail time or when the stanford swimmer sexually assaulted that girl and only got 6 months. man i sincerely hope you guys weren't as angry in those cases because the perps were white non muslim good ol boys, i really hope that is not the case.

just realize that it doesn't matter the color, there are sickos from all walks of life. sensationalizing stories like these just creates more and more hatred.

No you've got it wrong.

It's not the accepted norm in our society to shove things into other people's privates. It's not the accepted norm to rape. NO ONE in our society condones that behaviour.

It IS, however, the accepted norm in all moderate majority-Muslim societies to: rape non Muslims, punish women when the are raped, punish women for disrespecting their husband, for dressing wrong. Kill Jews, kill non Muslims, advance jihad at all costs, spread Islam, rape and torture Hindus, kill those who disrespect Islam, attack non Muslim societies. The list is endless.

Don't even TRY and tell me this is not taught DIRECTLY from the Quran because you haven't even read it. You, and those who defend this hateful cult, REFUSE to read it.

It's the MAJORITY of Muslims. It's the ideology itself.

If you are happy that our society does not tolerate hateful ideologies like nazism and the kkk, then why oh why are you not screaming for society stop tolerating the hateful, intolerant, supremacist ideology of Islam?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ozb1777
An EXCUSE !, ''Culturally acceptable ''. In the Jail ''culture'' ,is that these animals get bashed to death ,happy jail time !!! but then, since most Judges ,Politicians ,some Religious Leaders find this behaviour ''acceptable'' and they are a part of this ''culture'' [raping children],maybe thats why these animals get such light sentences and are able to basically get away with it ,and Politicians ,Media ,and those playing a leading Role ''De - Whiting'' Europe ,the doo gooding immigration ,refugee advocates, turn a blind eye to the whole ''Rape Culture'' of immigrants ,all in the interests of getting rid of those damn white races and Europeans ,Americans ,Australians ,British etc.Or as the French President Sarkozy said ''if they [French people] refuse to interbreed with the Immigrants ,they will be Forced too '' . FORCED ??????

I knew it wouldn't be long before someone pulled "Pedophile Catholic Priests" out of their a**, as if somehow that makes it ok. Never fails.

Sigh...

ANYONE that does this to a child should simply be taken out of the game. Period. I don't care if it's the frakking POPE. ANYONE!

BTW, the difference (or ONE of the differences) is the "Culturally Acceptable" part, and the fact that this neanderthal actually used it as an excuse, before a judge.

Bottom line is, anyone who molests or rapes a child should be dealt with very slowly, and with a maximum of discomfort.

Like I said, crucifixion, boiling, vivisection, or even better, let the victims family choose the punishment.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

No you've got it wrong.

It's not the accepted norm in our society to shove things into other people's privates. It's not the accepted norm to rape. NO ONE in our society condones that behaviour.

It IS, however, the accepted norm in all moderate majority-Muslim societies to: rape non Muslims, punish women when the are raped, punish women for disrespecting their husband, for dressing wrong. Kill Jews, kill non Muslims, advance jihad at all costs, spread Islam, rape and torture Hindus, kill those who disrespect Islam, attack non Muslim societies. The list is endless.

Don't even TRY and tell me this is not taught DIRECTLY from the Quran because you haven't even read it. You, and those who defend this hateful cult, REFUSE to read it.

It's the MAJORITY of Muslims. It's the ideology itself.

If you are happy that our society does not tolerate hateful ideologies like nazism and the kkk, then why oh why are you not screaming for society stop tolerating the hateful, intolerant, supremacist ideology of Islam?

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better.

You just can't have it both ways.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It does not matter what the custom was in his homeland.

Respecting ethnic customs is an appropriate thing for nations and law courts to do, unless those customs include violations of another human beings right to go about unmolested. At that point, the rights of the victim render the right to practice familiar customs moot. This applies to rape, genital mutilation, "honour" killing, beatings, physical tortures of every sort, mental manipulation and a whole host of other things.

It does not matter where one comes from. Only where one is has any relevance whatsoever, when it comes to matters of law.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think He should be flown back to Myanmar and thrown out of an airplane without a chute.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Over the weekend I had a neighborly conversation with the new family of 13 across the street. They are Asian, and they have lots of cars, lots of people (4 generations), and lots of carpooling going on....

I had to personally "train" them to please not honk frantically in the middle of the street just to get the guy to come outside when you have him on the phone already. ("It makes me feel like there's an emergency!" I said. "Get out of your car and KNOCK ON THE DOOR, mkay?")

So, the honking stopped, after about half a dozen times.
(Remember, people need to hear something about five times before it soaks in).

Cool. No more honking.

Then next: "Please don't shine your high beams into my front picture window at night while you text the person you are waiting for."
Actually walked over there in the dark of night after doing jumping jacks in the window had no effect.......knocked on their car window, and did the motion-thing, mouthing "turn off your lights." The girl looked up from her phone, nodded compliantly with a smile, and I walked away. Problem solved.

Recently we talked to them about shooting squirrels for food. They are from Burma.
Young man was very much interested in communicating. So I started interviewing him in more depth. We resolved it would be great to make a community garden (I'm going to call the water company today to see what it would take to have one on their fenced in sod lot); we talked about doing a recycling thing, raising chickens, etc. Neighborhood association. We talked about how we have nurses, teachers, carpenters, a church, cooks, seamstresses, bibliophiles (book collectors), tree-trimmers.

edit on 4/4/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

That is very neighbourly of you Buzzy!

Showing a person or group the local ropes is a fantastic use of your time, and will promote good relations with your neighbours and they with you!

This is how it is supposed to be!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It does not matter where one comes from. Only where one is has any relevance whatsoever, when it comes to matters of law.

What has 'law' got to do with it?
I wouldn't rape someone even if it was legal for me to do so.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

then why do these sickos get away with it here too? i have heard from my cousin who served in afghanistan that this type of sick behavior is accepted, well what the hell was the kids excuse when he shoved a hanger up a mentally challenged kids butt? what i'm saying is we have sick people here in our own country, what is our excuse? pedophilia is pedophilia i could care less what the excuse is.

i see a lot of people upset when muslims do it but a lot of silence when our own people do it. don't be a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

you can point to scripture in the bible and torah that is just as vile and despicable as stuff you would read in the koran, its just that most christians and jews do not take that stuff literally. i do not believe that all muslims feel the way you mentioned or accept the things you mentioned. you are fear mongering and painting large swaths of people with the same brush, you are creating more hatred.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Nor would I.

However, this thread relates to a specific situation involving a failure of a court to apply the law correctly. There is no accounting for the members of societies who have moral flaws so vast as to permit them to do evil things, even in the absence of law to remind them of the correct way of doing things. But where there is law, it must be prepared to savagely and utterly protect people who have been victimised by others, and the law failed the victim here, massively.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I don't believe in any gods, but playing 'Devil's advocate' how many Christian, Hindu, Sikh, or Buddhist folk do you hear claiming rape is a cultural norm?
Must be fake news smh

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

you wrote:

its just that most christians and jews do not take that stuff literally.

allow me to correct that for you :

its just that most christians and jews do not take that stuff literally. any more

top topics

<< 1   >>

join