It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helsinki Commission Condemns Pending Legal Action against Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: crazyewok

I have never meet more honest and peaceful people.

But I bet you don't go around with them selling god door to door. Do you invite them in to your house when they knock, adopt their ways, join their 'religious order?

Lip service.

Why should I care about them going door to door. It does not hurt anyone. They don’t force there way into homes with weapons and force conversation. Tell them to leave and they leave. If people knocking on your door threatens you I suggest getting counselling.

Wake me up when they start blowing people up or beheading people

Lol controlling your mind is worse than being 'blown up'.

That can be said of ALL religions. So why just single out JW's?

Your reference to Islam "beheading people" is disingenuous. Bombs behead people with concussion, I don't see you beating about that Bush.

Let me get this straight....

Islam: Violent, creates disgusting calipahtes, sucide bombs places, stones and beheads women = Good

Jehovahs Witness: Knocks on peoples door = Bad and harmful and so must be stopped?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Maybe not worry about them until they start killing women and children or blowing up things and bragging about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
My Mother-In-Love and Sister-In-Love are both JW....

They are the kindest, most polite, non violent people I know.

It's only ONCE been my experience that they are a dangerous people and really it was just one person who gave me this impression sadly....

My best friend in Highschool, I didn't even know she was JW until AFTER highschool when I met my sons father, and found out how he knew her, from his childhood church, the kingdom hall or w/e its called. Then it all made sense... When we were in HS she always wanted me to spend the night, but I couldn't most nights because it seemed she had church multiple times a week. I told her, fine I'll just go to church with you.

She made it pretty obvious that this would for some reason be a problem so I never pushed it. One day she wanted to hang out with me and said she was on her way. Hours passed and she never showed up. The next day at school I was pretty worried when she came in scraped and bruised up, all over her arms and legs and face......

Her mother allegedly came home while she was on her way to see me- to make sure my friend had cleaned the house before going out I guess. She hadn't done a good enough job, so according to her, her mother came back down the hill, saw her walking and just hit her with the car.

She Hit her with the car because I WAS TOO WORLDLY. She told her, I wasn't her spiritual friend, I was her worldly friend, and so she hit her with her freaking car for not cleaning the house before going to see me.......... I never put 2 and 2 together until I met my sons father and he explained to me how weird some of the people he had gone to church with were.

I've never heard of any of my other friends parents doing anything like that for any reason, part of me does not blame the church but I think her mom was a nut in the first place. Other than that, I can't think of anything I've seen that would lead me to believe the church as a whole is extremist or terrorist.

So even though my sons father's family is JW they are very kind to us despite our not believing in the same things they do. They never make me feel awkward for cussing around them, or talking about drinking or gambling or puffing or anything. They know our lifestyle and we know theirs and we respect each others choices. Very different from my HS best friends mother.

Have I missed something else somewhere? I'd be happy to read about it if I have, if anyone finds something cray cray feel free to shoot me a link.

-Alee

See nutters in everything. HEre is where most JW fall down. Believing themselves special. I hate to break it to them but the chosen people are in the MIddle east. JW's would be considered innovators for the book of mormon by the christian church(all denoms not just caths)
Personally if God showed up to them then thats for him to judge them himself not Us.

Amish are another who actually needs to read who their book speak of. they follow the OT laws(wrongly since they are not who those are addressed to) They shun ,which is another behaviour frowned on by jesus if i remember.

What get sme is JW believe they are all Gods who have just not ascended into their power since they are not dead.
The lady who ran your friend over...she was a nutter who the JW church should had never put up with.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Go Russia. This is an extremist church as we are finding out right now in Australia.

P

How?

I have friends who are JW. They are complety non violent. There teaching tell them to follow all the laws of the country they live in. How can you class them as extremist or dangrous?

I have never meet more honest and peacefull people.

Try looking up this please Link

They continue to cover up the rape of children within their church. Anyone that goes outside their church and spills the beans is banned. They are sick little people.

P

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

So when are you going to be banning catholics ?

And islam cause child abuse scandals follow them too.

In fact you will find pedophiles in any group of people .

The majority of JW are good honest law abiding people yet you would throw them all on prison for the actions of a very small minority? Sounds like your the sick little person.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Everyone is revealing not only to the world, but to the angels, and God himself who they truly are at this most pivotal time in history.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobertConrad
An excellent documentary of the decades of persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in the U. S. S. R. under Stalin:

An excellent documentary on the history of the cult.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Everyone is revealing not only to the world, but to the angels, and God himself who they truly are at this most pivotal time in history.
Explain to me what the 144,000 means again, I could use a good laff.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

So when are you going to be banning catholics ?

And islam cause child abuse scandals follow them too.

In fact you will find pedophiles in any group of people .

The majority of JW are good honest law abiding people yet you would throw them all on prison for the actions of a very small minority? Sounds like your the sick little person.

Perhaps if you actually read what I linked to, you would know the answer.

They still refuse to report child abuse unless their are two witnesses coming forward. That is never going to happen. They rely on a passage in the bible and claim it is God's word. The Catholics and the others are changing under intense pressure.

As for the Muslims I am not sure you can put them all in the same little basket. Many seem responsible and then there are the others that think marrying at ten is good because that is what their prophet did.

So no, I am not a sick little person and quite frankly, read the bloody material before calling people names.

P

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

I know I should not respond to this remark for scripture states:

(2 Timothy 2:23) . . .Further, turn down foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing they produce fights.

Just wanted to say, though, that your comment about laughing at spiritual things reminds me of this, and this is the only answer you will get from me:

(1 Corinthians 2:14, 15)  But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RobertConrad

I know I should not respond to this remark for scripture states:

You are son of israel?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

The link is exgerated bunk.

Why because there was a rape case in the UK last year with a (now former) JW and the local congregation cooperated fully with the authorities. The victim didnt get kicked out or punished for going to the police, only the perpetrator.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Why Does it matter too you who they believe gets into heaven?

Why should they be banned because you disgree with there teachings?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It is a result of direct evidence given by the sect while fronting the largest abuse investigation in our history ... but hey,

The link is exgerated bunk

You keep believing that!

Have a direct Link

Since you seem to have a major vested interest, why not look into it. You may change your mind about them.

P

edit on 4/4/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

(post by crazyewok removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Explain to me how they can justify letting a child die for want of a blood transfusion.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Explain to me how they can justify letting a child die for want of a blood transfusion.

Same way Anti Vaxxors idiots risk letting there children die by not having vaccines.

Anyway that problems easy to sort without draconian religion bans. Just give doctors legal authority to overrule the parents if thet feel the childs life in jepody. Done, problem sorted. No sending non violent people to prison.
edit on 4-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Same way Anti Vaxxors idiots risk letting there children die by not having vaccines.

Anyway that problems easy to sort without draconian religion bans. Just give doctors legal authority to overrule the parents if thet feel the childs life in jepody. Done, problem sorted. No sending non violent people to prison.

Why would the JW's get a label of extremism from Russia?

Was there any kind of explanation?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It is indeed. The reason they send people knocking door to door is because they prey on the mentally ill and socially isolated. Which in itself wouldn't be so bad except that they are the worst religion I've ever seen up close when it comes to providing any form of spiritual guidance. I had a relative via marriage who was dying and quite terrified and their idiot whatever-they're-called (my husband always called them Grand Poobahs) leader blathered on about the second system or some nonsense. Some of the followers are quite pleasant in small doses, but bland and sheep-like when they're not absolutely crazy.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Very good piece came out in the New York Times about the situation:

www.nytimes.com...

Some very enlightening news. For example Jehovah's witnesses are considered extremist because they are non-violent and are "pacifists".

In the case of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the putative extremism seems to derive mostly from the group’s absolute opposition to violence, a stand that infuriated Soviet and now Russian authorities whose legitimacy rests in large part on the celebration of martial triumphs, most notably over Nazi Germany in World War II but also over rebels in Syria.

Really they are being attacked first because the government knows they will not retaliate. They are non-violent and therefore it is impossible to radicalize them.

“I cannot imagine that anyone really thinks they are a threat,” said Alexander Verkhovsky, director of the SOVA Center for Information and Analysis, which monitors extremism in Russia. “But they are seen as a good target. They are pacifists, so they cannot be radicalized, no matter what you do to them. They can be used to send a message.”

And since Jehovah's Witnesses are politically neutral, the governmental official lose no votes by attacking them:

“A big reason they are being targeted is simply that they are an easy target,” Ms. Fagan said. “They don’t vote, so nobody is going to lose votes by attacking them.”

So they are targeted because they are non-violent, politically neutral and "pacifists". (This term they use to describe the organization, which is somewhat true in the sense they refuse to go to war in whatever country they are in. But not in the sense that they do not believe in war. They believe the Bible is true regarded God's coming war of Armageddon to rid the earth of wickedness. And it will be a just war but waged not by humans, but by Jesus and his holy angels against corrupt human society.)

It also has a lot to do with Jehovah's Witnesses exposing the Russian Orthodox Church. Over the years there have been several campaigns to expose that the Church is really working for the government, and an arm of the government, and is really controlled by Satan. The Church wants to destroy Jehovah's Witnesses for exposing their true nature.

Of course that will never happen.

In fact God states:

(Isaiah 54:17)  No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join