It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Recon Wildlands on Xbone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I picked up GR Wildlands the other night and I have to admit, I am impressed.
Granted, I've only put 4 hours into the game, so I'm still trying to work out the mechanics.

This game is what I was hoping the Division would had been more like. But, so far so good.

I have started the main story, but have been focusing on side missions trying to level up my character.
The last main story mission I completed was defending the Rebel Radio transmitter....which was very frustrating after the first 10 attempts.

Couple questions that I was hoping for help on,
First, what is the best early game guns/load out to focus on?
I'm currently rocking the default assault rifle and the sniper rifle you find in a crate on top of the army base in the mission before the radio defence.

What is the best character build ?
So far, I've only perked my drone and physical.
Btw, I'm really digging the drone for spotting.

Also, any tips for getting the most out of this game will be greatly appreciated.

I've been playing solo, but if anyone wants to do some co-op, I would love to.
Full transparency- 34 years old, I don't scream or cry in the mic like some of the weirdos in MP games.
Looking for others who do call outs, PTFO, and at least old enough to drink.... can't stand squeakers haha.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm a Ps4 guy, but I'm sure the blood and guts of the game are the same.

Wonderful game. It's like GTA, military style.

I use the same loadout. Sometimes I'll lug a light machine gun out, but I usually operate in the shadows. No need for big crazy guns. Give me shadows and suppressors. I never want to be seen.

Finally. A war game that isn't all about multiplayer. I hate screaming, racist children.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I picked up GR Wildlands the other night and I have to admit, I am impressed.
Granted, I've only put 4 hours into the game, so I'm still trying to work out the mechanics.

This game is what I was hoping the Division would had been more like. But, so far so good.

I have started the main story, but have been focusing on side missions trying to level up my character.
The last main story mission I completed was defending the Rebel Radio transmitter....which was very frustrating after the first 10 attempts.

Couple questions that I was hoping for help on,
First, what is the best early game guns/load out to focus on?
I'm currently rocking the default assault rifle and the sniper rifle you find in a crate on top of the army base in the mission before the radio defence.

What is the best character build ?
So far, I've only perked my drone and physical.
Btw, I'm really digging the drone for spotting.

Also, any tips for getting the most out of this game will be greatly appreciated.

I've been playing solo, but if anyone wants to do some co-op, I would love to.
Full transparency- 34 years old, I don't scream or cry in the mic like some of the weirdos in MP games.
Looking for others who do call outs, PTFO, and at least old enough to drink.... can't stand squeakers haha.

It is a great game, I can't remember where or what it is called but the best sniper rifle is located right inside of the border of the area to the left of where you start the game (hope that makes sense). Also I focused on weapon perks because I like to snipe and you will also eventually get a perk that takes away the damage reduction when using a suppressor. Other than that I have upgraded my drone and my squad. If you want Co op you can add me XxitsTtimexX I usually just play alone because I hate playing with randoms. Btw I'm 27 so old enough to drink and not squeak at you.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Oh yeah.

I wait until dark for the main missions. Do the leveling up and driving around during the day. At night, I have thermals and the enemy doesn't.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The Mk17 assault rifle with the right components has the highest accuracy, damage, and range for an AR.

How to get Mk17

Combined with the HTI .50 cal sniper which takes down any vehicle in one to two shots (without a suppressor, even if you have the advanced suppressor), you can wreck shop.

How to get the HTI
The explosive drone upgrade is very useful for taking out enemy targets in buildings undetected as well as non human targets like drug caches and machinery.

edit on 2-4-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)[/e
edit on 2-4-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

A tip for you, if you get the thermal for your drone it will light up any generators and SAM sites. You should also do the Rebel ops so you can get vehicle drop off and reinforcements for those times you want to be noisey.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Not sure if i'm going to buy it yet cause the last Ghost Recon game was a flop in my eyes..

It definitely does look much better this time round.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: XxitsTtimexX

Awesome, maybe you can show me were that sniper rifle is then.

I really like how intuitive the AI is. It's not very often they miss their mark when firing on the enemy. Actually I don't think they have ever missed when doing a synch shot, it's usually me lol.
I'm the same way about despising MP randoms. Some how I get stuck with either the screaming kid or the dude who just has music blaring with his mic on. Lol
I'll add you up when I get back home on Wednesday.

I used to play in a clan for battlefield 4. It was a 21+ age requirement. So I learnt how to play as a squad. It would be awesome if we can dig up 2 more people to make it a full squad and just clean out Bolivia lol

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

You sir, are a freakin legend!
Thank you very much.
I was wondering how the heck to take out helis. There's been a few side missions I failed because the dude fled in a helicopter.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There's SAM sites? Holy!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You can blow up generators? Like to take out the enemy's power?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

I've been doing th opposit, I didn't realize I had NV for the majority of my play time so far lol

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

You can blow up generators? Like to take out the enemy's power?

Yes you can or they have a switch to turn them off quietly.

Drones can be upgraded to go BOOM! which is always fun for taking things out including people
The drone also has an EMP upgrade, or used to call in an artillery strike. Fun times lol

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Nice! Man I can't wait to get home on Wednesday. Should have brought my Xbox to work!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Been playing since release, happy to help.

Yes there are cartel and unidad SAM installations. Really pesky #ers.

Generators can be taken out and are identified when aimed at with a lightning bolt symbol. The HTI sniper can take it out in one shot too.

I had to save a video where i had a 4 level unidad rating and hip fired 5 helicopters down with one shot each

If you havent already, its really good to get used to using the left stick anf letting off/using the throttle (R2) on choppers. Some hate the chopper controls, but with practice you can dodge, duck, dip, dive, amd dodge.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I don't mind the controls in any vehicle so far and have really been enjoying swooping around with the helis.
I found a bug though, when landing on unlevel ground, I got out of the chopper and it just hovered around, off the ground. Wouldn't shut down.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Despite the beta there are still quite a few glitches.

Just the other day my buddy and I played. When he got into the chopper, it showed his character doing a superman pose sticking out of the side of the chop. Hilarious.

Ill try to post a youtube video of some of my game play wih the HTI sniper rifle, you might get a kick out of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Creationbro nailed it it is the HTI ... it can take out generators in one shot if unsuppressed or if you have the perk that takes away damage reduction when using a suppressor.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I helped my mate do a 953m long shot with the HTI. Here's how if you have a buddy to help.

Grab a bad guy, any of them by getting up close, stuff them into a car.
Now you have to find a nice big hill near open fields or something similar.
Set the HTI up on the top of the hill and your mate will drive away into the field below, as far as the line of fire will allow.
Your mate then gets the bad guy out and holds him in place while directing your fire.
It works it's my turn tonight.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Hold on a minute!!!
You can kidnap a bad guy?!
Ive been prompted to grab one, then im given the choice wheel, and i thought the only options were to knock out and interrogate. But I can drag the SOB off into the darkness to conduct ridiculous deaths on?!

Man im such a n00b

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join