It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Drudge says he suspects Congress is sabotaging Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Paul Ryan pulled the same thing the dems did...pass the HC bill and we will explain it after. Well, Freedom group is on to that and want time to understand before it is put up for vote. Good for some sane people.

Repubs did the same thing to Obama but Obama wasn't set up prior to taking office and what is going on now is a witch hunt...find something anything.

You're conveniently forgetting to mention that the Republicans publicly said, on many occasions, that they were going to oppose anything and everything that Obama tried to do.

The notion that they did it because they "want time to understand it" is complete nonsense. The Republicans went out of their way to actively block anything Obama tried to do regardless of what it was and purely because they were having a hissy fit that they didn't win the election. Now the Republicans are crying that the Democrats (and some of their own) are doing it to them? What an absolute joke that is.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

With a 17% approval rating for the bill, Congress did the right thing not passing the AHCA. Drudge is a moron if he thinks that bill was acceptable to pass in the form it was in.
edit on 3-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

With a 17% approval rating for the bill, Congress did the right thing not passing the AHCA. Drudge is a moron if he thinks that bill was acceptable to pass in the form it was in.

Well DAMMIT.. I agree with you again. This is getting really sickening, you know.

I say let the Obamacare atrocity collapse. Then redo everything. Start from scratch.. with a completely original plan that has been hashed out well in advance of the ACA collapse. Its not hard to figure out that they are ALL simply pandering to big pharma, ins interests and etc with these BS plans they have.. and this ahca BS.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Alright, so you are back on even footing I'll give you something to disagree with me about.

Momentum Grows for Medicaid Expansion After Repeal Bill Defeat

Now that the Affordable Care Act has survived its most serious threat in Congress, the law’s footprint across the country might grow even larger in the months ahead.

Several states that initially opted out of Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion are now reconsidering their decision as a result of last year’s elections and as Republicans come under new pressure to accept the billions in federal dollars available under the law. The most aggressive push is coming in deep-red Kansas, where the Republican-controlled Senate on Tuesday sent Governor Sam Brownback legislation that could expand the state’s version of Medicaid to as many as 150,000 new enrollees.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Lets get this out in the open, the dems and repubs work for big medical (in this example). They don't care if you can't afford your insulin because it has gone up 600% in a less than a year.

What they do care about is corp donations to get re-elected.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Still wanting Ryan as head of household.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

what?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Alright, so you are back on even footing I'll give you something to disagree with me about.

Momentum Grows for Medicaid Expansion After Repeal Bill Defeat

Now that the Affordable Care Act has survived its most serious threat in Congress, the law’s footprint across the country might grow even larger in the months ahead.

Several states that initially opted out of Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion are now reconsidering their decision as a result of last year’s elections and as Republicans come under new pressure to accept the billions in federal dollars available under the law. The most aggressive push is coming in deep-red Kansas, where the Republican-controlled Senate on Tuesday sent Governor Sam Brownback legislation that could expand the state’s version of Medicaid to as many as 150,000 new enrollees.

Maybe if I was a republican... but I agree .WHo are we if we cant care for our own? We MUST have medicaid and medicare or something very much like it for the target groups that both of those programs cover. We must over our own citizens alone, however.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Well here's the thing, either we stick with and fix Obamacare or we move to medicare for all (universal healthcare). Going in another direction will just result in another AHCA implosion because you'll never get the public behind such a bill.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Does the public being behind it matter?

If I remember correctly the ACA was a very unpopular bill.

Both Repubs and dems circle J'ed for a year then the dems were the only ones dumb enough to vote for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Well the Dems also had a supermajority and a President who knew how to provide direction to the rank and file Dems in Congress. Neither of those two things is true for the current President.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The super majority thing is true, the last will remain to be seen.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well here's the thing, either we stick with and fix Obamacare or we move to medicare for all (universal healthcare). Going in another direction will just result in another AHCA implosion because you'll never get the public behind such a bill.

Well I think that the whole dog and pony show IS to get the public behind a universal healthcare idea.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The super majority thing is true, the last will remain to be seen.

Well the AHCA showed that he isn't off to a good start and it is looking like those same rifts will remain unclosed for the upcoming tax battle. Hell Dems are suddenly full of confidence that they have power to bring to the debate table for budget discussions this month to prevent a government shutdown all thanks to Trump royally screwing up in the leadership department.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well I'm game for such a result.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Agreed, the bill that was being pushed seemed to be written by same lobbyists that paid off Obama to have the privilege to own the pen to paper for his goat screw ACA.

Trump will have a battle, the Repubs hate him maybe more than the dems. And the string pullers will laugh as their pawns in Congress (and the media) do as they are told.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I agree the elected officials in Congress are our biggest problem. Thing is people keep putting the same people back in. John McCain is a good example. I have felt for years term limits need to be set for those who claim to represent "the people". Kick them out before they can get to comfortable with the bribes and kickbacks.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I suspect there are members in the house and Senate that are covertly conspiring against the Trump administration, but the sabotage efforts run much "deeper" than the elected government...

Well and if you believe Trump is part of the game then he is a heat sink for the very real opposition rising to the NWO as it translates in the US. PTB understand that they gots to address the question hence Trump......and yet getting what looks like opposition form the republicans.

This translates into up yours tax cut crazy people, 2nd amendment and other constitutionalists ect. We will get you a judge that is said to be top flight ra ra constitution ect but otherwise go *%%* yourself. You really don't think we are bring back all these jobs we scattered around the world over the last 30 years do you??? Man were you stupid and didn't you just ask for it. One of the primary building blocks of the NOW was to take jobs away from american and british and other and scatter them.....wealth and economic distribution. Except *&%& Africa.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Well I think that the whole dog and pony show IS to get the public behind a universal healthcare idea.

Right. Start with a bad one but never really challenge the idea. Elect a super hero but demonstrate his weakness in front of government. Soon even the very faithfull will be asking "were do we sign?"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join